d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democrat Division Megathread
Prev15354555657205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 7 2019 07:09am
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/biden-no-longer-supports-hyde-amendment/index.html

(CNN)Former Vice President Joe Biden says he now wants to throw out the Hyde Amendment, dropping his long-held support for the measure that blocks federal funds from being used for most abortions amid criticism from his 2020 Democratic rivals.

"If I believe health care is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone's ZIP code," he said.

The Hyde Amendment is a four-decade-old ban on federal dollars being used for abortions except in cases of rape, incest or when the woman's life is in danger.

Biden's campaign on Wednesday said he still supported the Hyde Amendment -- a position that put him to the right of all other leading 2020 Democratic contenders, as well as Hillary Clinton and the party's platform in 2016.

Biden told the crowd Thursday night he had changed his mind because Republican state lawmakers have enacted "extreme laws in clear violation of constitutional rights" protected by the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision, making access to abortions more difficult for women who cannot afford the procedure or travel to obtain it.

He said he makes "no apologies" for his previous support for the Hyde Amendment.

"But circumstances have changed. I've been working through the final details of my health care plan like others in this race and I've been struggling with the problems that Hyde now presents," Biden said.

Stuff like this makes me want to vote for Trump. But then he talks shit in front of an American cemetery in Normandy and I remember why I can't vote for him.
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 7 2019 07:19am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 7 2019 06:09am)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/politics/biden-no-longer-supports-hyde-amendment/index.html

Stuff like this makes me want to vote for Trump. But then he talks shit in front of an American cemetery in Normandy and I remember why I can't vote for him.

Get on the yangtulsitulsiyang train

I saved you a seat
Gold: 57.00
Jun 7 2019 01:07pm
Quote (IceMage @ 7 Jun 2019 09:09)

Joe Biden (D) 2020 slogan: Everything I did in politics I disagree with!!!! Orange man bad!!!!
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 7 2019 01:24pm

Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 7 2019 02:42pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 7 2019 07:09am)

honestly while i'm not super excited about the increase in abortions it shows 2 things:

1. Biden can listen to his electorate
2. he's not willing to play the historical revision game

"i make no apologies, but circumstances have changed"

I can stand and cheer for that alone. watching cuckbois act like they just woke up one day to realize they're monsters is a sad act. own what you did and explain why it's different. stop being scared of gotcha headlines, "______ admits they were wrong".
Gold: 285.00
Jun 7 2019 03:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 7 2019 03:42pm)
honestly while i'm not super excited about the increase in abortions it shows 2 things:

1. Biden can listen to his electorate
2. he's not willing to play the historical revision game

"i make no apologies, but circumstances have changed"

I can stand and cheer for that alone. watching cuckbois act like they just woke up one day to realize they're monsters is a sad act. own what you did and explain why it's different. stop being scared of gotcha headlines, "______ admits they were wrong".

Personal growth is for faggots.
Jun 7 2019 03:06pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 7 2019 03:02pm)
Personal growth is for faggots.

we could all be like HRC and wake up every 2 years and realize everything you did for the last 10 years is evil but then never acknowledge any of it including when asked directly about quotes like "black super predators" or being against gay marriage.

I think HRC is the culprit for it being so popularized. she's had to eat crow so many times that people learned to just harden your face and focus on the future with your vague answer. its effective, i just find it personally annoying.

ironically Trump is actually really good at trying to explain how his mind changed over time, and he's also terrible ineffective. but boy does he try with the whole "well it was a different time then" stuff.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 7 2019 03:08pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 7 2019 04:06pm)
we could all be like HRC and wake up every 2 years and realize everything you did for the last 10 years is evil but then never acknowledge any of it including when asked directly about quotes like "black super predators" or being against gay marriage.

I think HRC is the culprit for it being so popularized. she's had to eat crow so many times that people learned to just harden your face and focus on the future with your vague answer. its effective, i just find it personally annoying.

ironically Trump is actually really good at trying to explain how his mind changed over time, and he's also terrible ineffective. but boy does he try with the whole "well it was a different time then" stuff.

I bet his favorite movie is the birth of a nation. Make merica great again and all that.
Jun 7 2019 03:13pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 7 2019 03:08pm)
I bet his favorite movie is the birth of a nation. Make merica great again and all that.

Trump's fave movie i'm sure is one of those 1980's frat classics where they do panty raids and the frat president chooses a new busty freshman to bed each night.

or maybe a russian peepee take he keeps just to laugh when he's had a hard day.
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 7 2019 03:17pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 7 2019 02:08pm)

My theory is he loved above the law and by time out for justice came out he had completely adopted the voice and delivery

But I've also been convincing myself for years they are long lost brothers with different mothers. Their personality deficiencies are far too similar.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15354555657205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll