d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democrat Division Megathread
Prev1167168169170171205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
Feb 1 2020 03:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 1 2020 01:05pm)
Bolton is one. Education secretary was the first appointment she bought the seat.

Honestly there has only been a couple that weren't complete dudes.

so you have new Trump excuse.. Bolton was somebody else in control?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 1 2020 03:14pm
Quote (Skinned @ 1 Feb 2020 21:59)
Because the DNC wants a Democrat to win and Bernie is weakening their candidates and probably cost them 2012.

again, he is running as a democrat, signed their loyalty pledge, is a member of their senate caucus - if they actually were open and sincere about it that would be something else. but having him run as a democrat, making him sign the pledge ( https://www.npr.org/2019/03/05/700524861/bernie-sanders-signs-democratic-party-loyalty-pledge-for-2020-run ) to ensure he will run and govern as a democrat, but then still rig ANOTHER primary against him, and now even claiming that HE is the one who 'fucks them over', is outright laughable.
btw, the democrat won in 2012, and if you mean 2016, sanders is the last one you should blame - that one is almost exclusively on hillary (and the ridiculous system you have), who was an incredibly flawed candidate. sanders did everything to help her win - him being an independent had nothing to do with her losing, that's preposterous...
Gold: 285.00
Feb 1 2020 03:23pm
Quote (fender @ Feb 1 2020 04:14pm)
again, he is running as a democrat, signed their loyalty pledge, is a member of their senate caucus - if they actually were open and sincere about it that would be something else. but having him run as a democrat, making him sign the pledge ( https://www.npr.org/2019/03/05/700524861/bernie-sanders-signs-democratic-party-loyalty-pledge-for-2020-run ) to ensure he will run and govern as a democrat, but then still rig ANOTHER primary against him, and now even claiming that HE is the one who 'fucks them over', is outright laughable.
btw, the democrat won in 2012, and if you mean 2016, sanders is the last one you should blame - that one is almost exclusively on hillary (and the ridiculous system you have), who was an incredibly flawed candidate. sanders did everything to help her win - him being an independent had nothing to do with her losing, that's preposterous...

You just repeated yourself. He still didn't pay dues to the party for decades or contribute to the overall health of the party. He decided to be a Democrat when he wanted to run for president. I've been a fan of Bernie for two decades in politics precisely because he is an independent. I voted for Nader twice too.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 1 2020 03:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ 1 Feb 2020 22:23)
You just repeated yourself. He still didn't pay dues to the party for decades or contribute to the overall health of the party. He decided to be a Democrat when he wanted to run for president. I've been a fan of Bernie for two decades in politics precisely because he is an independent. I voted for Nader twice too.

which 'dues' would he have to pay in order not to get fucked by the DNC? what do you mean by 'overall health'? that he's not running on an establishment platform? that's called principled. he has done nothing to divide or damage the party for the sake of it, so to me that is a bogus 'argument' - the whole 'unity' and 'civility' always comes up when people are looking to attack bernie, strangely no one calls for that when the DNC and media friendly to it viciously rip into him... a bit strange, don't you think?
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 1 2020 04:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ 1 Feb 2020 21:07)
Bernie has been an Independent for 30 years. You must be new to politics.

I repeat, Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat. The DNC wants a Democrat to win. They do not want Trump or Sanders to be president.

This isn't a conspiracy. The RNC doesn't want Bernie to win either.

They're not doing Bernie wrong they do not owe Bernie anything Bernie is a competitor.

Hard to believe, but I'm 100% with fender on this one. Bernie is caucusing with Democrats, he's taking part in the process of developing the party platform, he's galvanizing tons of young and/or disillusioned folks to start voting again, which greatly benefits Democratic down-ballot candidates even in case the top of the ballot has an (I) next to his name, he has endorsed Hillary and campaigned for her like a good soldier, and he uses his prominence and media outreach to constantly and consistently attack the Democrats' main enemy Trump.

The main reason why the DNC doesnt want Sanders to be president is that the DNC represents corporate Democrats/the donor class. The missing (D) next to his name on the ballot is an absolutely minor factor compared to that.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 1 2020 04:13pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Feb 1 2020 04:22pm
Quote (fender @ Feb 1 2020 12:53pm)
i should have been more specific. how does bernie using the DNC's resources translate to 'fucking them over'?

i mean, he's running as a democrat, he signed the democratic loyalty pledge, he's a member of the senate democratic caucus, and even though the DNC rigged the race against him in 2016, he not only endorsed her, but extensively campaigned for hillary clinton after her nomination. i just don't see how any of that is 'fucking THEM over'. HE plays by the rules, HE is transparent, how anyone would consider HIM the bad guy in this relation with the DNC is truly beyond me, so maybe you can help me understand...

How was it rigged? Bernie was still campaigning and harming the Clinton campaign when he was mathematically eliminated... Calling Bernie out on his actions internally isn't fucking him over. Having super delegates prefer someone who has given everything to the party over someone who contributes nothing to the party isn't fucking him over either. If anything, Bernie's longshot candidacy benefited from all this because he could play the anti-establishment victim card. Who were the people harmed? Viable establishment candidates like Joe Biden, Martin O'Malley, etc. Ultimately, the DNC was biased (no shit) but it certainly wasn't rigged and Sanders wasn't fucked over.

Bernie screwed the Democratic party over by using their resources and then walked away giving nothing in return. He treated the DNC like an unpaid whore and promptly dumped them. Bernie Sanders is not a team player and it shouldn't surprise anyone that he struggles to pass meaningful legislation.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 1 2020 02:12pm)
Hard to believe, but I'm 100% with fender on this one. Bernie is caucusing with Democrats, he's taking part in the process of developing the party platform, he's galvanizing tons of young and/or disillusioned folks to start voting again, which greatly benefits Democratic down-ballot candidates even in case the top of the ballot has an (I) next to his name, he has endorsed Hillary and campaigned for her like a good soldier, and he uses his prominence and media outreach to constantly and consistently attack the Democrats' main enemy Trump.

The main reason why the DNC doesnt want Sanders to be president is that the DNC represents corporate Democrats/the donor class. The missing (D) next to his name on the ballot is an absolutely minor factor compared to that.

LMAO. How long did that take? His old ass failed to fall in line for MONTHS after he was mathematically ELIMINATED. And no, it's not the donor class necessarily...it's that Sanders doesn't represent the vast majority of DEMOCRATS. He's simply uninterested in building coalitions within the party.

This post was edited by thundercock on Feb 1 2020 04:26pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 1 2020 04:42pm
Quote (thundercock @ 1 Feb 2020 23:22)
How was it rigged? Bernie was still campaigning and harming the Clinton campaign when he was mathematically eliminated... Calling Bernie out on his actions internally isn't fucking him over. Having super delegates prefer someone who has given everything to the party over someone who contributes nothing to the party isn't fucking him over either. If anything, Bernie's longshot candidacy benefited from all this because he could play the anti-establishment victim card. Who were the people harmed? Viable establishment candidates like Joe Biden, Martin O'Malley, etc. Ultimately, the DNC was biased (no shit) but it certainly wasn't rigged and Sanders wasn't fucked over.

rofl, what? Donna Brazile, who was the DNC chair at the time, admitted to various instances where the process was rigged against Bernie.

LMAO. How long did that take? His old ass failed to fall in line for MONTHS after he was mathematically ELIMINATED. And no, it's not the donor class necessarily...it's that Sanders doesn't represent the vast majority of DEMOCRATS. He's simply uninterested in building coalitions within the party.

Yes, how dare a politician fight for his ideas and policies instead of falling in line. :rolleyes:

Your point about him being bad at, and uninterested in building coalitions is valid though, I'll admit that.
Feb 1 2020 04:52pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 1 2020 02:42pm)
rofl, what? Donna Brazile, who was the DNC chair at the time, admitted to various instances where the process was rigged against Bernie.

Yes, how dare a politician fight for his ideas and policies instead of falling in line. :rolleyes:

Your point about him being bad at, and uninterested in building coalitions is valid though, I'll admit that.

Donna Brazile retracted quite a bit of her statements once the investigation was completed though...she messed up by jumping the gun. Elizabeth Warren did the same thing back in 2016. She was persistent with her accusations and then had to walk back her statements once the truth came out.

You can fight for ideas while endorsing the candidate who represents the party that you're allegedly a part of. Sanders didn't endorse Clinton until JULY. Super Tuesday was MARCH. At the end of the day, Bernie is fighting for universal healthcare, fighting corruption, etc. Why is it so hard to say "Hillary Clinton will get us closer to our goals than any other candidate"?
Gold: 2,620.00
Feb 1 2020 05:18pm
Quote (thundercock @ 1 Feb 2020 15:52)
Donna Brazile retracted quite a bit of her statements once the investigation was completed though...she messed up by jumping the gun. Elizabeth Warren did the same thing back in 2016. She was persistent with her accusations and then had to walk back her statements once the truth came out.

You can fight for ideas while endorsing the candidate who represents the party that you're allegedly a part of. Sanders didn't endorse Clinton until JULY. Super Tuesday was MARCH. At the end of the day, Bernie is fighting for universal healthcare, fighting corruption, etc. Why is it so hard to say "Hillary Clinton will get us closer to our goals than any other candidate"?

Brazile took some stuff back after suffering some internal party backlash for speaking the truth. The 2016 DNC primary was unquestionably rigged against Sanders.

Sanders always said he wasn't going to drop out and instead was going to bring his delegates to the DNC convention for maximum policy leverage. After Clinton became the official nominee, he endorsed her.
Feb 1 2020 06:19pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Feb 1 2020 03:18pm)
Brazile took some stuff back after suffering some internal party backlash for speaking the truth. The 2016 DNC primary was unquestionably rigged against Sanders.

Sanders always said he wasn't going to drop out and instead was going to bring his delegates to the DNC convention for maximum policy leverage. After Clinton became the official nominee, he endorsed her.

Can you please explain what specifically was "rigged" and what your definition of "rigged" is? Most of the things I've seen are talking points that originated in Russia so I'd like to know what you're talking about specifically.

As for your second statement, you can understand why that would piss off a lot of Democrats, especially institutionalists, right? You understand how it's incredibly selfish to put YOUR ideas ahead of the PARTY's right?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1167168169170171205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll