d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > November 3, 2020 Topic > 2020 Election Stuff
Prev1242526272839Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2019 12:55pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Jun 2019 16:40)
is there any place on earth free from the threat of the fascists?

move to canada, u can get free healthcare and vacations to the greatest country the earth has ever seen just a drive away.

Probably not lol. The rise of fascism in the West in such a well-connected modern world means their influence is international. It's one of the hardest parts of fighting fascism.
The neo-nazis we deal with are often fans of Golden Dawn even when they don't come from Greece. The same could be said of the international reach of groups like the Atomwaffen division. It's a global community of fascism that they are building now... ironically... that seeks to create a pan-european alliance of fascist states with the goal of ethnically and socially cleansing the Western world.

Canada would be pretty cool... Except the proud boys have some influence there and team up regularly with local groups like the CCCC, the Northern Guard and the Storm Alliance as we saw back in 2017. They aren't big... but they're growing.

Of course it's worth noting that the Northern guard and Storm Alliance are both splinter groups of the Sons of Odin which is a group with international influence that was founded in... guess where? Finland. So even my original choice isn't a particularly safe bet.

But out of the whole of Europe I would expect the scandinavian countries to be the last to fall to fascism.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jun 20 2019 12:58pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 20 2019 01:07pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jun 20 2019 12:55pm)
Probably not lol. The rise of fascism in the West in such a well-connected modern world means their influence is international. It's one of the hardest parts of fighting fascism.
The neo-nazis we deal with are often fans of Golden Dawn even when they don't come from Greece. The same could be said of the international reach of groups like the Atomwaffen division. It's a global community of fascism that they are building now... ironically... that seeks to create a pan-european alliance of fascist states with the goal of ethnically and socially cleansing the Western world.

Canada would be pretty cool... Except the proud boys have some influence there and team up regularly with local groups like the CCCC, the Northern Guard and the Storm Alliance as we saw back in 2017. They aren't big... but they're growing.

Of course it's worth noting that the Northern guard and Storm Alliance are both splinter groups of the Sons of Odin which is a group with international influence that was founded in... guess where? Finland. So even my original choice isn't a particularly safe bet.

But out of the whole of Europe I would expect the scandinavian countries to be the last to fall to fascism.

by "fall to fascism" do you mean a condition in which your very life would be in danger?
Jun 20 2019 01:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Jun 2019 19:07)
by "fall to fascism" do you mean a condition in which your very life would be in danger?

To a much greater extent than it is already yes.

I.e. a stuation in which the government would do little to nothing were I to be murdered or would actively participate in my incarceration or execution. So anything from Russia to Chechnya to Nazi Germany. Once we got to Russian levels of fascism that would be enough for me.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jun 20 2019 01:10pm
Jun 20 2019 01:10pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jun 20 2019 01:09pm)
To a much greater extent than it is already yes.

you feel your life is in danger now? from whom?

also wouldnt making a youtube channel make you more in danger?
Jun 20 2019 01:15pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Jun 2019 19:10)
you feel your life is in danger now? from whom?

also wouldnt making a youtube channel make you more in danger?

People who are openly trans are at a much higher risk of assault and murder than the cis population. It's a social issue but it's one that is being exacerbated by the rise of TERFs and government reactions to and sympathies with TERF propaganda.

Yep. It probably will. But I'm not in immediate danger of actively being hunted down currently. Being open about who I am online and siding with antifascists and pro-trans advocates will increase the likelihood that someone would do that to me but it's something I want to do and I've never let that sort of thing get in the way of me being me. I've been assaulted in the street several times, some because of gender identity... some because I was homeless and an easy target. Not gonna stop doing what I want to just because some people might take it as a provocation.
Jun 20 2019 01:25pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jun 20 2019 01:15pm)
People who are openly trans are at a much higher risk of assault and murder than the cis population. It's a social issue but it's one that is being exacerbated by the rise of TERFs and government reactions to and sympathies with TERF propaganda.

Yep. It probably will. But I'm not in immediate danger of actively being hunted down currently. Being open about who I am online and siding with antifascists and pro-trans advocates will increase the likelihood that someone would do that to me but it's something I want to do and I've never let that sort of thing get in the way of me being me. I've been assaulted in the street several times, some because of gender identity... some because I was homeless and an easy target. Not gonna stop doing what I want to just because some people might take it as a provocation.

i'm waiting for the term FERTs to be coined. i find the whole idea of TERFs to be even more overblown than the "rise of fascism".
Jun 20 2019 02:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Jun 2019 19:25)
i'm waiting for the term FERTs to be coined. i find the whole idea of TERFs to be even more overblown than the "rise of fascism".

Well the Scottish parliament only today stalled the implementation of self-ID in response to TERF propaganda. My doctor had to relocate after a campaign by TERFs to get them shut down so I lost access to hormones for a month while i sorted out a new source.

They are having actual effects... and it should come as no surprise that they are linked to right wing American groups like the Heritage Foundation.

Fascism is the top of the chain. The place we must not get to. But all these groups have connections with eachother. You can draw a chain right from Julie Bindel to Jared Taylor. The TERFs don't know who they're working with but we do. Because we track this shit. We know where the money comes from and who talks to who.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jun 20 2019 02:06pm
Jun 20 2019 02:07pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jun 20 2019 02:04pm)
Well the Scottish parliament only today stalled the implementation of self-ID in response to TERF propaganda. My doctor had to relocate after a campaign by TERFs to get them shut down so I lost access to hormones for a month while i sorted out a new source.

They are having actual effects... and it should come as no surprise that they are linked to right wing American groups like the Heritage Foundation.

isn't inter-sectional politics fun?

sucks when it's not droves of minority groups linking up for social justice for the left, wins elections when it is.
Gold: 11,571.00
Jun 20 2019 02:18pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jun 20 2019 01:04pm)

Fascism is the top of the chain. The place we must not get to. But all these groups have connections with eachother. You can draw a chain right from Julie Bindel to Jared Taylor. The TERFs don't know who they're working with but we do. Because we track this shit. We know where the money comes from and who talks to who.

Literally kristallnacht
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Jun 20 2019 02:24pm
I enjoy eating dots and milkduds
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272839Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll