d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Glass (2019) > Rly That Bad?
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,946.71
Feb 17 2019 10:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 17 2019 08:07pm)
Vouch. Another reason it was so rough, was Shyamalan's refusal to move away from actors in Glass. The kid and Jackson's mom tried so hard, but neither of them can act and it fucking kills every single scene they're involved in. I also don't get how a guy who came up with one of the best movie twists ever in The Sixth Sense, makes this fucking movie where he feels the audience needs to have everything explained to them from start to end.... Like, the fuck are you doing talking about what kind of comicbook this is, or what kind of villain/hero etc, do you have any idea how bad you're fucking this up right now by putting in all these poorly acted explanation scenes in a simple and predictable movie? Nothing needed to be explained in such a basic ass movie.

completely agree, that's what I meant by corny. like when Jackson says I remember a comic where there was this human-animal fusion...like ok we are gaining nothing from this conversation. all of this basic shit could have been replaced by actual dialogue that further developed characters OR demonstrated more insight or a different aspect to their psyche. every fucking scene where they visited that comic store could have been removed.
Gold: 225,299.00
Mar 3 2019 09:36am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 18 2019 11:16pm)
I'm pretty upset with how bad this turned out. Outside a brilliant performance from McAvoy, this movie was ass. M. NIght throws himself into the film for one of the most awkward and pointless cameos ever, and the movie talks down to the audience constantly. I can't recall ever seeing something where the director felt it so necessary to hold the hand of the audience through every single fucking thing. My eyes had fully glossed over after two+ hours of being treated like a six-year old. Throw in some anticlimactic wrestling matches and horrible/bland performance from everyone not named McAvoy/Jackson and you've got Glass.

E: I kept asking myself the whole time how user ratings were as high as they were and then the guy next to me loudly says "Oh no, he's going to set off that bomb." after the already obvious twist of Jackson being one step ahead of everyone else was again spelled out for the audience (rather than just letting it happen), and I suddenly realized that your average moviegoer apparently can't follow shit even when it's being explained to them. Thank God McAvoy is amazing, he alone saved this from being a dumpster fire.

This is exactly how I feel. Movie was very disappointing
Gold: 5,870.50
Mar 3 2019 01:55pm
it was okay
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2019 12:48pm
lol
Apr 2 2019 07:09am
YAYYAYAYAYYA this movie is out today and i been waiting... liked split alot.. hopefully its killer
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 2 2019 10:25am
Quote (Haj @ Apr 2 2019 06:09am)
YAYYAYAYAYYA this movie is out today and i been waiting... liked split alot.. hopefully its killer

Prepare to be disappointed
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 2 2019 08:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 2 2019 11:25am)
Prepare to be disappointed

Dunno, I liked it. Split was a little better, but I still like the trilogy as a whole.

I would have preferred the ending to be like what they were alluding to at the tower. That could have been epic.
Apr 3 2019 08:14am
I enjoyed 100%.. good movie with some crazy good acting... dident like the ending tho, was kinda hyped to see them go to the tower LOL

and probably should have rewatched unbreakable first
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 3 2019 01:04pm
Quote (Haj @ Apr 3 2019 07:14am)
I enjoyed 100%.. good movie with some crazy good acting... dident like the ending tho, was kinda hyped to see them go to the tower LOL

and probably should have rewatched unbreakable first

Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 2 2019 07:26pm)
Dunno, I liked it. Split was a little better, but I still like the trilogy as a whole.

I would have preferred the ending to be like what they were alluding to at the tower. That could have been epic.

McAvoy was phenomenal when he wasn't the Beast and Jackson was alright. Everyone else was bad to holy fuck, who gave you a job, bad. Night insisting on using the same actors as he did in Unbreakable, severely hurt the film. Jackson's mother has one of the worst performances of any major blockbuster and everyone, excluding the two previously mentioned actors, were bland as fuck. I still can't fathom what people liked about this movie, my parents liked it too and I spent at least 30 minutes breaking down exactly what was terrible about it to them and they dismissed pretty much everything I said, until an NPR review of the film said the exact same shit I did (which they admitted), just in a much nicer way.

I went over much of this in previous posts, but my biggest problem with Glass, was how Night treated the audience like they were complete retards. I can't stand movies that talk down to the audience, and this movie spent the last hour holding the hand of the audience to make sure they weren't confused about the super fucking obvious and straightforward *twists*.

I'm glad that people were able to enjoy it and I'm not trying to convince you to see it my way, but I'm just legitimately perplexed at how people were able to overlook the painfully glaring faults in this movie, especially when it's *climax*, was nothing but a boring as fuck wrestling match.
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 3 2019 01:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 3 2019 02:04pm)
McAvoy was phenomenal when he wasn't the Beast and Jackson was alright. Everyone else was bad to holy fuck, who gave you a job, bad. Night insisting on using the same actors as he did in Unbreakable, severely hurt the film. Jackson's mother has one of the worst performances of any major blockbuster and everyone, excluding the two previously mentioned actors, were bland as fuck. I still can't fathom what people liked about this movie, my parents liked it too and I spent at least 30 minutes breaking down exactly what was terrible about it to them and they dismissed pretty much everything I said, until an NPR review of the film said the exact same shit I did (which they admitted), just in a much nicer way.

I went over much of this in previous posts, but my biggest problem with Glass, was how Night treated the audience like they were complete retards. I can't stand movies that talk down to the audience, and this movie spent the last hour holding the hand of the audience to make sure they weren't confused about the super fucking obvious and straightforward *twists*.

I'm glad that people were able to enjoy it and I'm not trying to convince you to see it my way, but I'm just legitimately perplexed at how people were able to overlook the painfully glaring faults in this movie, especially when it's *climax*, was nothing but a boring as fuck wrestling match.

Which part was he talking down to the audience ?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll