d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Glass (2019) > Rly That Bad?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 10 2019 06:42pm
Quote (The_Outsider @ Jan 10 2019 03:10pm)
by people you mean who exactly? Everyone I know loved most of his "good movies" back when they were out and for example Unbreakable / 6th sense were very very high rated by critics/media when they were released ( although I couldnt care less ). I just like to see what critics have to say but not that it would force me or stop me from seeing what I already had planned to check out..

Quote (Flameyes @ Jan 10 2019 04:04pm)
Honestly most of the comments I have seen about unbreakable have been positive, with the only complaint being that it’s slow, but people still seem to generally like it

I watched it for the first time sometime this year and I thought it was good

It got a 69 with an average rating of 6.3/10. I liked Unbreakable a lot when I first saw it, but it wasn't highly praised by fans or critics. It wasn't nominated for a single award that actually matters, as opposed to The Sixth Sense that got 6 academy award nominations. Just not sure where you or anyone else is getting this narrative that it was a "loved" or "very very very high rated" when it came out, neither of those things are even remotely true. Not surprising as it was slow, the twist was super obvious and it was an out of character role for Jackson at the time, which threw a lot of people off. Again, I enjoyed the movie a lot from the first time I saw it and I was simply remarking on how odd it is that time works in favor of certain movies, especially after a director has continued to push out shit nonstop for nearly two decades.
Gold: 7.77
Jan 10 2019 07:27pm
Will watch, haters can hate.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 10 2019 07:32pm
Quote (EmericAn @ 10 Jan 2019 06:04)
But does it not surprise you the reboots, marvel trash, and fast and furious stuff they would give 90% ..... but an original movie, that makes you think and have to pay attention is a 40% ?

its the new murican way man
i mean if i was a movie director in murica, i wouldnt wanna spend a lot of time and effort to make some GFG original mind fucking blowing movie cos in the end it gonna get beat out by fast n furious 23 with 0.1% of effort put in.
Jan 10 2019 08:11pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 10 2019 06:32pm)
its the newmurican way man
i mean if i was a movie director in murica, i wouldnt wanna spend a lot of time and effort to make some GFG original mind fucking blowing movie cos in the end it gonna get beat out by fast n furious 23 with 0.1% of effort put in.

:rofl:

K

The rest of what you wrote is absolute nonsense. Good movies get the recognition they deserve, they always have and always will. They might not make as much $ globally, but that's how the world has always worked. Nothing artistic or thought provoking is going to hit as wide of an audience as your typical G to PG-13 feel good, mass appeal, shit soup. This formula Disney and so many others are utilizing to hit a consistent C+ rating and tons of money from cretins is nothing new, they're just better at it than anyone else has ever been. The overly visualized extravaganza with less content, cheap laughs and a predictable enough plot for a monkey to follow, is nothing even remotely new and pretending otherwise is ignorant as fuck.

I'm not sure how anyone can feel superior to Murica when it comes to cinema, our movies are better than everywhere else. No matter how much you want to dog on the trash that comes out of Hollywood constantly, we've got more great movies made here than anywhere by an almost laughable margin. It's like once every few years that a single good movie might come out in a foreign country, we get at least a handful of truly special movies every year. Then there's our television, which again, the worst shows get the most money and the most appeal. The same people that loved Two and a Half Men or who can't wait to know what Penny and Leonard will do next on The Big Bang Theory, are the same people lining up at Midnight for Avengers. That doesn't change the fact that we do make good shows and that they're more of them and that even the worst of our good shows are better than the best foreign shows.

Quote (CharlieDayZ @ Jan 10 2019 06:27pm)
Will watch, haters can hate.

Does anyone else automatically disregard anything said by people who use this term? Being skeptical or critical of something is not hating.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 10 2019 08:16pm
Gold: 7.77
Jan 10 2019 11:21pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 10 2019 06:11pm)

Does anyone else automatically disregard anything said by people who use this term? Being skeptical or critical of something is not hating.

:ph34r:

Gold: 211,561.33
Jan 15 2019 12:43am
I never really considered unbreakable a superhero movie lol
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2019 01:49pm
story was alright i guess, very nicely shot and mcavoy is a champ

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Jan 18 2019 01:49pm
Gold: 2.66
Jan 18 2019 06:45pm
Fuck Rotten Tomatoes. I liked the movie. But that scene with shyamalan was quite awkward. fine ending to the story.

This post was edited by Malignanttumor666 on Jan 18 2019 06:45pm
Gold: 15,241.22
Jan 18 2019 07:16pm
great movie. a lot of misdirection. i hope they are able to continue the story but it seems like they may just end it here.
Jan 18 2019 10:16pm
I'm pretty upset with how bad this turned out. Outside a brilliant performance from McAvoy, this movie was ass. M. NIght throws himself into the film for one of the most awkward and pointless cameos ever, and the movie talks down to the audience constantly. I can't recall ever seeing something where the director felt it so necessary to hold the hand of the audience through every single fucking thing. My eyes had fully glossed over after two+ hours of being treated like a six-year old. Throw in some anticlimactic wrestling matches and horrible/bland performance from everyone not named McAvoy/Jackson and you've got Glass.

E: I kept asking myself the whole time how user ratings were as high as they were and then the guy next to me loudly says "Oh no, he's going to set off that bomb." after the already obvious twist of Jackson being one step ahead of everyone else was again spelled out for the audience (rather than just letting it happen), and I suddenly realized that your average moviegoer apparently can't follow shit even when it's being explained to them. Thank God McAvoy is amazing, he alone saved this from being a dumpster fire.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 18 2019 10:24pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll