d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Glass (2019) > Rly That Bad?
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.43
Jan 10 2019 10:11am
Quote (Regargar @ Jan 10 2019 08:30am)
if it was directed by m.night then yes its fuckin garbage lol

i saw split at theaters, worst 12 bucks I ever spent

I thought it was a good movie. Also Shyamalan directed some amazing movies like Unbreakable, Sixth sense,..
Gold: 300.00
Jan 10 2019 10:12am
Quote (The_Outsider @ Jan 10 2019 08:11am)
I thought it was a good movie. Also Shyamalan directed some amazing movies like Unbreakable, Sixth sense,..

6th sense and signs were the only notable ones in my eyes

rest are garbage imo
Gold: 23.00
Jan 10 2019 10:57am
Quote (Regargar @ Jan 10 2019 12:12pm)
6th sense and signs were the only notable ones in my eyes

rest are garbage imo

Split wasn't bad.

He has made some really shitty movies like The Happening.

I'll probably watch Glass eventually but I never expected it to be amazing.
Gold: 8,355.04
Jan 10 2019 11:55am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jan 10 2019 02:44am)
Not surprised tbh. Most of his stuff is garbage outside of a few decent films.

Oh yeah you’re right like that one unbreakable movie...

if only that had some connection to this, that sure would be nice
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 10 2019 12:07pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jan 10 2019 09:57am)
Split wasn't bad.

He has made some really shitty movies like The Happening.

I'll probably watch Glass eventually but I never expected it to be amazing.

This.

I had hopes for it at first, but those died with the first preview. M. Night is an awful director, he got lucky on Split thanks to James MvAvoy being an absolute fucking G, but outside of that and the Sixth Sense, his movies have been okay to terrible.

Lady in the Water, The Happening, The Village and lets not forget what happened the last time this fucking guy tried to make a blockbuster action movie, we got fucking Avatar the last Airbender.

Sucks that this is doing so horribly, but it makes sense. Still seems like a lot of people don't understand how the RT rating system works lol.
Gold: 23.00
Jan 10 2019 03:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 10 2019 02:07pm)
This.

I had hopes for it at first, but those died with the first preview. M. Night is an awful director, he got lucky on Split thanks to James MvAvoy being an absolute fucking G, but outside of that and the Sixth Sense, his movies have been okay to terrible.

Lady in the Water, The Happening, The Village and lets not forget what happened the last time this fucking guy tried to make a blockbuster action movie, we got fucking Avatar the last Airbender.

Sucks that this is doing so horribly, but it makes sense. Still seems like a lot of people don't understand how the RT rating system works lol.

I forgot about Avatar.... That was so fucking bad rofl.

I love the cast of Glass and will see it regardless of reviews. They are saying the cast was amazing in the reviews I read also.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 10 2019 03:45pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jan 10 2019 02:37pm)
I forgot about Avatar.... That was so fucking bad rofl.

I love the cast of Glass and will see it regardless of reviews. They are saying the cast was amazing in the reviews I read also.

100% I'll watch it. I love McAvoy, I love Samuel Jackson, and even though he's a giant douchebag and a pretty shit actor, I love Bruce Willis. I like the premise and I would see it for James alone.

In regards to all the critic complaining, they're usually right, or the rating usually makes sense at least. People lose their shit over Marvel movies getting a 90%, but then they don't ignore that the average rating is a 6-7, which is fair. I despise what superhero movies have become thanks to Disney, but they have a good formula for mass appeal and it's totally reasonable that the majority of critics give them a 6/10 or higher, which allows them to get a 90%. Some of them are straight fucked and make no sense of course, TLJ being a prime example of one where I don't know wtf critics were smoking to rate it so highly, that movie was ass and even a generous rating would be a 5.5 or 6/10.

People trashed on Unbreakable when it came out, now everyone seems to remember it fondly... It's funny how that works. A director follows up a WOW movie with something okay and people rip it to shreds, after he pushes out shit nonstop for the better part of 20 years, people look back and call that movie that everyone disliked one of their favorites.
Gold: 1,107.43
Jan 10 2019 04:10pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 10 2019 04:45pm)
100% I'll watch it. I love McAvoy, I love Samuel Jackson, and even though he's a giant douchebag and a pretty shit actor, I love Bruce Willis. I like the premise and I would see it for James alone.

In regards to all the critic complaining, they're usually right, or the rating usually makes sense at least. People lose their shit over Marvel movies getting a 90%, but then they don't ignore that the average rating is a 6-7, which is fair. I despise what superhero movies have become thanks to Disney, but they have a good formula for mass appeal and it's totally reasonable that the majority of critics give them a 6/10 or higher, which allows them to get a 90%. Some of them are straight fucked and make no sense of course, TLJ being a prime example of one where I don't know wtf critics were smoking to rate it so highly, that movie was ass and even a generous rating would be a 5.5 or 6/10.

People trashed on Unbreakable when it came out, now everyone seems to remember it fondly... It's funny how that works. A director follows up a WOW movie with something okay and people rip it to shreds, after he pushes out shit nonstop for the better part of 20 years, people look back and call that movie that everyone disliked one of their favorites.

by people you mean who exactly? Everyone I know loved most of his "good movies" back when they were out and for example Unbreakable / 6th sense were very very high rated by critics/media when they were released ( although I couldnt care less ). I just like to see what critics have to say but not that it would force me or stop me from seeing what I already had planned to check out..

This post was edited by The_Outsider on Jan 10 2019 04:26pm
Gold: 8,355.04
Jan 10 2019 05:04pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 10 2019 05:45pm)

Honestly most of the comments I have seen about unbreakable have been positive, with the only complaint being that it’s slow, but people still seem to generally like it

I watched it for the first time sometime this year and I thought it was good
Gold: 17,400.00
Jan 10 2019 05:52pm
Been really looking forward to rhis movie so i hope its not shit
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll