d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Advice I Dont Normally Seek > Thanks In Advance
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,732.69
Jan 7 2019 10:25pm
Well, I’m a single father of a little boy, and I’ve been spending my granted time with him for now Going on roughly a year and 4 months. He is only 2.
I have spent that time focusing on him, and only him and have enjoyed every second with him. Recently I had started talking to a previous girlfriend of mine from jr high school (crazy world right?now we’re 26....) we seemed to hit it off quite a bit and started texting often. She would mention how much she enjoyed Talking to me and then asked to hangout (I of course agreed) . Well all in all found out she has had issues with concussion and a mix of things, so we wound up not hanging due to not feeling well. Although it sucked to not hangout, I didn’t let it show. We continued to talk each day, and then she started to respond less and less.
Suddenly she mentioned she had court for her son (unsure of age alsosaid first hearing ever) and started to quickly drop off the radar. Mentioned she was so stressed and overwhelmed with court she needed to focus on that. Now I have been to court for my son 4 times, and know it’s stressful but can’t remember cutting off from the world due to the stress which she has done to me. I guess I wonder often if it could be something else? Could I have said or done something wrong? I guess I am wondering other views
On it, I want to pursue her, and would enjoy more but unsure if the unknowns may be a red flag. I appreciate any honest views. Thanks
Gold: 5,169.82
Jan 8 2019 02:05am
Is texting really all you do? What's keeping you from actually meeting up?

Classic mistake that people make is to keep the relationship 100% restricted to texting, despite having no reason not to take it further. Eventually one person ends up getting bored of that, and the results are what you see here.
Jan 8 2019 05:18am
Tried to meet up, but she ended up canceling last minute, unsure if it was due to health, or stress of court, or both. She has always been the type of person to shut down, which I’m not use to.
Asked her a few days later if she’d like to meet up a different day this week,which she immediately said yes, but then yesterday she just said she needed to get through court and shut off completely talking to me. Now im just sitting in limbo -_-
Gold: 9.69
Jan 8 2019 09:24am
She's either under a lot of stress or just not that interested.
Also she might doubt your intentions.
If I was in your position I would give her some space to figure things up. If she's really into you she'll come around.
Jan 8 2019 03:16pm
Quote (Mindfield @ Jan 8 2019 10:24am)
She's either under a lot of stress or just not that interested.
Also she might doubt your intentions.
If I was in your position I would give her some space to figure things up. If she's really into you she'll come around.

Was kind of my thoughts as well but was just wondering if you have one thought or the other you may be leaning towards buddy? Much appreciate your response.
Gold: 9.69
Jan 8 2019 05:22pm
Quote (xpixmax @ 8 Jan 2019 23:16)
Was kind of my thoughts as well but was just wondering if you have one thought or the other you may be leaning towards buddy? Much appreciate your response.

I couldn't decide which thought is more likely to be true, because I don't know this girl. Knowing her would've helped me if she's really distracted with her own problems or just faking to get rid out of you.
Either way give her some time.
At least that's what I would've do if I was in your place.
Pushing things is usually not the best choice. If its meant to be it will happen.

Good luck, buddy.
Jan 8 2019 05:30pm
Quote (Mindfield @ Jan 8 2019 06:22pm)
I couldn't decide which thought is more likely to be true, because I don't know this girl. Knowing her would've helped me if she's really distracted with her own problems or just faking to get rid out of you.
Either way give her some time.
At least that's what I would've do if I was in your place.
Pushing things is usually not the best choice. If its meant to be it will happen.

Good luck, buddy.

Thanks buddy, appreciate it, I’m just as oblivious to this situation as y’all are haha it sucks.

Just sitting back letting it roll at this point.
Gold: 1.69
Jan 9 2019 01:09pm
Tell her that you understand that she is stressed out, and then that you understand her situation. Let her know that you are there for her if she needs you. This is what I would do if i was going to give her space.
Jan 9 2019 02:37pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jan 9 2019 02:09pm)
Tell her that you understand that she is stressed out, and then that you understand her situation. Let her know that you are there for her if she needs you. This is what I would do if i was going to give her space.

Exactly what I did. I am terrible with going from talking practically each day quite often throughout To hardly any communication. But I’m doing it. Ultimately my head is trying to grip if she’s only doing so as to talking to someone else or if she really is just overly stressed and trying to
Straighten that all out first.

Either way I won’t know until sometime later on. So I just told her I’m here for her anytime at all and not to hesitate to reach out if she needs anything .

So here is to hoping for different things to come than what the “normal” (back burner while checking options) is. I’ve been through this 4X personally where my son is concerned, so I understand the stress of it.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2019 03:00am
Quote (xpixmax @ Jan 9 2019 03:37pm)
Exactly what I did. I am terrible with going from talking practically each day quite often throughout To hardly any communication. But I’m doing it. Ultimately my head is trying to grip if she’s only doing so as to talking to someone else or if she really is just overly stressed and trying to
Straighten that all out first.

Either way I won’t know until sometime later on. So I just told her I’m here for her anytime at all and not to hesitate to reach out if she needs anything .

So here is to hoping for different things to come than what the “normal” (back burner while checking options) is. I’ve been through this 4X personally where my son is concerned, so I understand the stress of it.

That's all you can do. Now, sit back and relax. What she does, or doesn't do, will tell you everything. I wouldn't stress it, there's a chance she'll get in touch either way, whether that's soon, or in the distant future. Just be calm and roll with the punches. If she is talking to someone else, hey, it happens, it sounds like you haven't even been on a date yet. One word of advice, is it always best to get to know each other in person. I know you tried to set it up. But if she shuts you down twice, just say. "Let me know when your schedule opens up, I'd love to see you", then just wait to hear from her and continue living your life as if it's over forever.

The reality is, life and dating becoming so much easier when you learn to master the art of letting go. You want things to work out, but if they don't, no worries, there's always another bus coming into town.

- my recycled response that basically states what everybody else has previously said. Best wishes man.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jan 11 2019 03:01am
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll