d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Advice I Dont Normally Seek > Thanks In Advance
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,732.69
Jan 11 2019 09:43am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jan 11 2019 04:00am)
That's all you can do. Now, sit back and relax. What she does, or doesn't do, will tell you everything. I wouldn't stress it, there's a chance she'll get in touch either way, whether that's soon, or in the distant future. Just be calm and roll with the punches. If she is talking to someone else, hey, it happens, it sounds like you haven't even been on a date yet. One word of advice, is it always best to get to know each other in person. I know you tried to set it up. But if she shuts you down twice, just say. "Let me know when your schedule opens up, I'd love to see you", then just wait to hear from her and continue living your life as if it's over forever.

The reality is, life and dating becoming so much easier when you learn to master the art of letting go. You want things to work out, but if they don't, no worries, there's always another bus coming into town.

- my recycled response that basically states what everybody else has previously said. Best wishes man.

Appreciate it buddy, yea that’s what I am doing at this point, not “giving up” but no putting forth anymore effort and not reaching out to her/talking.
Either way it is what it is. Just have to sit back and roll with it.
Sometimes people are incredibly weird though.

Thank you again my friend. Truly appreciate the response
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2019 02:51pm
Quote (xpixmax @ Jan 11 2019 10:43am)
Appreciate it buddy, yea that’s what I am doing at this point, not “giving up” but no putting forth anymore effort and not reaching out to her/talking.
Either way it is what it is. Just have to sit back and roll with it.
Sometimes people are incredibly weird though.

Thank you again my friend. Truly appreciate the response

It takes two to tango. There's so much possibly going on, it's impossible to know what is all going on in her life.

Ideally, you want a teammate that will communicate with you when there are issues. If they dont communicate, there's not much you can do. Right now, she's just a potential prospect. You want to explore that potential further, but if she doesn't, that's disappointing but hey, it happens, no worries.

Per the backburner and the possibility of her exploring options, I wouldn't take anything that happens personally. I realize often people get offended at that, but having infinite patience is very powerful. That doesn't mean for you to bend over backwards, wait around, or allow yourself to be jerked around, but here, I'd just let it go personally.

I've had women re-approach me or run into me in the future after cases like that, they often remember that even when things didn't go my way, I was still simultaneously kind and strong. Women remember that and it is an attractive, powerful trait that a lot of men lack. Don't burn bridges.

Just keep being genuine, it sounds like you're doing well.

You're welcome, have a great weekend!

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jan 11 2019 03:12pm
Jan 11 2019 04:31pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jan 11 2019 03:51pm)
It takes two to tango. There's so much possibly going on, it's impossible to know what is all going on in her life.

Ideally, you want a teammate that will communicate with you when there are issues. If they dont communicate, there's not much you can do. Right now, she's just a potential prospect. You want to explore that potential further, but if she doesn't, that's disappointing but hey, it happens, no worries.

Per the backburner and the possibility of her exploring options, I wouldn't take anything that happens personally. I realize often people get offended at that, but having infinite patience is very powerful. That doesn't mean for you to bend over backwards, wait around, or allow yourself to be jerked around, but here, I'd just let it go personally.

I've had women re-approach me or run into me in the future after cases like that, they often remember that even when things didn't go my way, I was still simultaneously kind and strong. Women remember that and it is an attractive, powerful trait that a lot of men lack. Don't burn bridges.

Just keep being genuine, it sounds like you're doing well.

You're welcome, have a great weekend!

Yes sir, I have tried my best to never burn a bridge because you just never know, and it is the truth that that’s a powerful trait and they are attracted to it.

I guess I just had an initial struggle with wanting to be there for someone who seemed to need somebody to be there for them, to be pushed to the side. I guess it’s just the side of me after being in the military and being a firefighter/EMT for several years. I have accepted over the time since that you can’t help someone or be there for someone who does not want the help or someone there for them. But it still does impact me to this day just don’t let it show to whomever it may be, and whatever they are going through.

My current only struggle is Do I periodically send her a text to see how she is doing? Like here and there week, or two weeks after absolute no contact? I guess I don’t really know how that side of it works. Don’t want her to think I’ve turned my back on her, but also don’t want to be a bother ya know?

Thank you again my friend, have a great weekend as well, mine is about to be spent at work!
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2019 01:16am
Quote (xpixmax @ Jan 11 2019 05:31pm)
Yes sir, I have tried my best to never burn a bridge because you just never know, and it is the truth that that’s a powerful trait and they are attracted to it.

I guess I just had an initial struggle with wanting to be there for someone who seemed to need somebody to be there for them, to be pushed to the side. I guess it’s just the side of me after being in the military and being a firefighter/EMT for several years. I have accepted over the time since that you can’t help someone or be there for someone who does not want the help or someone there for them. But it still does impact me to this day just don’t let it show to whomever it may be, and whatever they are going through.

My current only struggle is Do I periodically send her a text to see how she is doing? Like here and there week, or two weeks after absolute no contact? I guess I don’t really know how that side of it works. Don’t want her to think I’ve turned my back on her, but also don’t want to be a bother ya know?

Thank you again my friend, have a great weekend as well, mine is about to be spent at work!

It happens, the main thing is you show up to give. You jist have to give it your best, and even then sometimes it still won't be enough.

Personally, I would do nothing with this situation. If someone is being wishy washy, I wouldn't keep pursuing. (Reaching out to women via messaging is pursuing). It actually just turns women off because they feel more pressure. Texting in itself is actually really unnecessary for the most part with dating. I often date women with little texting whatsoever, gradually overtime as you keep going on more and more dates, the communication typically just naturally increases and becomes more frequent.

Course early on, there's situations where you will want to say something but don't think you have to ever be in that routine of constant texting with a woman you're dating. Some women can misinterpret things, or overthink things, but when you're always sweet, and playful with them, asking them on dates, it's pretty clear where your headspace is.

Overall. It sounds like you've made it evident that you want to spend time with her. She knows where you stand.

Thank you for your service!

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jan 14 2019 01:19am
Jan 14 2019 09:11pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jan 14 2019 02:16am)
It happens, the main thing is you show up to give. You jist have to give it your best, and even then sometimes it still won't be enough.

Personally, I would do nothing with this situation. If someone is being wishy washy, I wouldn't keep pursuing. (Reaching out to women via messaging is pursuing). It actually just turns women off because they feel more pressure. Texting in itself is actually really unnecessary for the most part with dating. I often date women with little texting whatsoever, gradually overtime as you keep going on more and more dates, the communication typically just naturally increases and becomes more frequent.

Course early on, there's situations where you will want to say something but don't think you have to ever be in that routine of constant texting with a woman you're dating. Some women can misinterpret things, or overthink things, but when you're always sweet, and playful with them, asking them on dates, it's pretty clear where your headspace is.

Overall. It sounds like you've made it evident that you want to spend time with her. She knows where you stand.

Thank you for your service!

Thank you my friend,

Sucks to start to connect with someone, and then all of a sudden it’s like a brick wall. Just hope she is doing okay and things aren’t over burdening her. Hard reality to face is sometimes you can’t help or save everyone
Gold: 17,400.00
Jan 17 2019 05:32am
Honestly if she liked you she would talk to you even while being stressed all the more reason imo. Follow advice that the others have said but me personally i wouldnt hold out for anything and move on. Time is the one thing you cant recover.
Jan 18 2019 07:36pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Jan 17 2019 06:32am)
Honestly if she liked you she would talk to you even while being stressed all the more reason imo. Follow advice that the others have said but me personally i wouldnt hold out for anything and move on. Time is the one thing you cant recover.

Agreeing with you on this.
Burying this one, as much as I don’t want to because she was honestly the first person I enjoyed talking to in years, better off doing so to spare any possible heart ache.
Gold: 0.07
Jan 24 2019 01:39pm
hit, quit, go back to d2 mfin n shit XD
Mar 3 2019 09:13pm
Quote (hdtrue @ Jan 24 2019 02:39pm)
hit, quit, go back to d2 mfin n shit XD

Lol touché
Gold: 575.00
Mar 5 2019 08:05am
my situation was pretty close to yours. Court fucked me up big time with stress, I have custody of my son but I refuse to go back for anything just so I don't have to deal with the BS. I live in Illinois with BS laws. id say don't get to strung over this girl and she ( to me ) seems to have underlying issues. you seem lonely but don't jump into something just cause. PM me if you have any other questions
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll