d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ironman Mode Version 1 > Not Being Able To Join A Group
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.73
Oct 16 2018 06:21am
I'd rather be able to group climb but market and vault are disabled.
Gold: 248,607.40
Oct 16 2018 07:03am
Quote (Bob888 @ 15 Oct 2018 22:25)
Jsp is a dwindling community. It's not as big as it once was. This idea sucks. You're basically asking for a new game.

All sorts of changes can be implemented in the game as is. You don't have to start new cores. Starting a new core would be the same as deleting all the items.

This!! There will not be a resurgence for this site. It was built around a game that is slowly being phased out by newer games. Paul doesnt seem interested in growing the community nor marketing ladderslasher. So basically this game is going to slowly whither away along with the rest of the site. There is no logical reason to divide our tiny player base any further than it already is.
Gold: 26,434.75
Oct 16 2018 07:13am
Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 16 2018 12:25am)
Jsp is a dwindling community. It's not as big as it once was. This idea sucks. You're basically asking for a new game.

All sorts of changes can be implemented in the game as is. You don't have to start new cores. Starting a new core would be the same as deleting all the items.

This idea does not suck just because you fail to see the potential it could provide to the game.

Yeah, this game is dwindling and adding an option to play "single playe or solo mode" or whatever you want to call ...since after you click option you cant join parties or play with others which virtually the same things as adding a new core since either way you cant play parties with the current core.

Gold: 1,470.74
Oct 16 2018 08:16am
Ironman mode could be a strictly LS on device option. Less of an issue with user errors like deleting or shrining items or dying. With no market involved too would be less to deal with.
Gold: 100,160.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 16 2018 11:52am
Quote (iToons @ Oct 16 2018 11:13am)
This idea does not suck just because you fail to see the potential it could provide to the game.

Yeah, this game is dwindling and adding an option to play "single playe or solo mode" or whatever you want to call ...since after you click option you cant join parties or play with others which virtually the same things as adding a new core since either way you cant play parties with the current core.

It is a good idea. It just isn't for this game.

Adding a new core would be fun for everyone for a week and then people would start to get bored and quit and new players wouldn't be joining because it's EXACTLY THE SAME GAME. A new ladder or rest of items isn't going to bring new players. People like Powertripped and you will do 3 ironman climbs and go back to some other game. Then you have people split between cores and no climbs. Allowing people to play single player or multi player has nothing to do with a new core. That is something completely different. It is a terrible idea for this particular game.
Gold: 1,470.74
Oct 16 2018 12:18pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 16 2018 01:52pm)

Adding a new core would be fun for everyone for a week and then people would start to get bored and quit and new players wouldn't be joining because it's EXACTLY THE SAME GAME. A new ladder or rest of items isn't going to bring new players. People like Powertripped and you will do 3 ironman climbs and go back to some other game. Then you have people split between cores and no climbs. Allowing people to play single player or multi player has nothing to do with a new core. That is something completely different. It is a terrible idea for this particular game.

None for me I hate solo as it is and would only Ironman if there was a contest like we used to have yearly. Slim chance I may would play some simplified Ironman version on device. I’d like it that version went retro and was the old original text base one though. Not gonna happen either.
Oct 16 2018 02:27pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 16 2018 01:52pm)

Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 16 2018 12:25am)

Well, Bob888 which one is it please? am I asking for a new game or is it the EXACTLY THE SAME GAME?

I would play more, if I really wanted to throw my girlfriend, job, relationships, and pretty much my entire life away to get 20 prof in 5+ years. So yeah, I dont have much time to play and I hardly play any other game. So dont go throwing that around about how I do so little climbs, I have personal reasons. If this game was more enjoyable I could possibly surrender some more time, but push my time into life.

All I am trying to do is make a game that would be fun. Given time, I would tweak the idea a little more, to make it better (as stated in my first post).

And you talking about how adding another core would ruin the community, as if that is the biggest problem with this game. The original idea in the post would do the same thing, because its giving a huge boost to solo mode and a lot more people with elite gear would solo a lot more, if that is the case, you'd never ever see me in a group unless guild only and we rocking MM.

Gold: 100,160.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 16 2018 04:07pm
Having a new core would be in the same game. It would be exciting for SOME people for a few weeks. It is the same game so there's nothing new there. Wow so now I can solo in solo core more. It's the same thing as asking for characters wipe on reset. You want something new, some new ladder some restrictions. I want more gameplay within the already existing game. If you want to get on the ladder, work for it. If you don't have time to get on the ladder, no problem, it's just a game.

A new core would ruin the game. If I want to play the new core it means I can't play the old so everything I worked toward until now is worth nothing on the new core. Now I can start over, YAY! Let's start glyphing again, and all prof over and all new gear. It was fun on beta for a few days. I don't want to leave behind everything I've done to start something new. Why not put something new in the old :D ?
Gold: 1.93
Oct 16 2018 04:33pm
Quote (iToons @ Oct 16 2018 02:40pm)
Hey Jan!

I have been thinking of something crazy, but call me Rex :)

Why not make a new "core" completely separate from SC/HC, so you cannot bring items to this core.

Items can be bought and traded at will like normal. But only during the season, and items go poof after reset amd start from ground zero again. However, you will keep prof gains.

Little twist, upon a death you are set back one class, you will only get 1 guild point until you are back to your highest class you were at.

Due to this being a slightly harder core, slightly higher guild points for each pass.

And, due to items disappearing after reset, drop rates are significantly higher..talking about alot....like a alot.

Events would come back and be tripled of what they were. Add a little craziness to the core. Spice it up some.

Just throwing it out there. This would solve many of the issues. I think it would keep everybody happy. Brings a new challenge to the game. And doesn't take away from the people that have been collecting gear forever and still can play SC or HC and do their thing.

But eh, I have crazy ideas. But crazy is just what we maybe need.

P.s

This obviously would need more tweaking, but could definitely be a game changer if implemented correctly.

Vote yes for this idea.
Oct 16 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 16 2018 06:07pm)
Having a new core would be in the same game. It would be exciting for SOME people for a few weeks. It is the same game so there's nothing new there. Wow so now I can solo in solo core more. It's the same thing as asking for characters wipe on reset. You want something new, some new ladder some restrictions. I want more gameplay within the already existing game. If you want to get on the ladder, work for it. If you don't have time to get on the ladder, no problem, it's just a game.

A new core would ruin the game. If I want to play the new core it means I can't play the old so everything I worked toward until now is worth nothing on the new core. Now I can start over, YAY! Let's start glyphing again, and all prof over and all new gear. It was fun on beta for a few days. I don't want to leave behind everything I've done to start something new. Why not put something new in the old :D ?

I never suggested it be solo play only. If you dont want to leave you stuff behind, then play the same core you been playing.

My idea was a brief thought that would be tweak for improves among other updates (as I said in every one of my posts?). If I sat down and ironed it all out all the details, it would paint a clearer picture for how everything in the new core works.

Since player base and separating people is seemingly everyone's issues, or the majority of everyone's issues, why not just combine the cores (HC + SC) so that everyone is together and have one core, lets bring everyone together! (Thats what people want right?)

Dont worry Bob888 you'd still be able to flip and overprice 99.9% of your items :thumbsup:

This post was edited by iToons on Oct 16 2018 04:40pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll