d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ironman Mode Version 1 > Not Being Able To Join A Group
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 55,611.80
Oct 14 2018 11:57am
Quote (Bob888 @ Oct 14 2018 09:07am)
This thread is a cry out (*note that I'm not saying cry) thread for give me new content.

Content is exactly what we all need and want. I don't think think restrictive content is good. Having an ironman option would split up the existing small community more than ever. We do need new content so most of the idea in my opinion is great. There should be more rewarding paths. More choices of how to play the game but you should be able to integrate between them at will.

Good point. Especially if hardcore gets a Ironman server as well...
Gold: 248,047.40
Oct 14 2018 12:52pm
Quote (JanMcCrank @ 14 Oct 2018 02:18)
So when it comes to soloing the last levels become a pain in the ass (especially on Robe Chars like Monk/Ninja). But I still want to go solo.

Here is my idea - if you don't like it put me on a pyre.

When creating a new char you shouldn't only be asked if you want to go Softcore or Hardcore. There should be an Option for Ironman.
Checking the Ironman Option won't make you able to join any groups (not even for rerolling the map).

Take in account that the tweaks to Monster Difficulty will on affect the DMG/Life of the Mobs - not the drops (I do not want any changes to the droprate).
And yes - if you do not have Offcast Gear in your vault you will never be able to kill Sneaky.

Please also take in account that this suggestion is for people who like to play solo - if you only do Group whistle Climbs you can Nullvote.

There can be three approaches for that:

Version 1 - Light Version)
Checking the box will make the Char Ironman until the next reroll.

Benefits:
-5 % Monster Difficulty
+ 2.5 % Prof

Version 2 - Medium Version)
Checking the box will make the Char Ironman until you unlock the next class e.g. you have to play the Paladin solo until you unlock Monk.

Benefits:
-7.5 % Monster Difficulty
+ 3.75 % Prof

Verson 3 - Hard Version)
Checking the box will make the Char Ironman for a whole Season (which means till infinity on HC).

Benefits:
- 10 % Monster Difficulty
+ 5 % Prof

These are the first thoughts. Now let me know what you think.

I resent the bolded part :P I will end this HC season

This post was edited by Cheeya on Oct 14 2018 12:52pm
Gold: 431,176.68
Oct 14 2018 03:28pm
Last vote-option is just great, thanks Jan :rofl:
Gold: 20,492.75
Oct 15 2018 09:40pm
Hey Jan!

I have been thinking of something crazy, but call me Rex :)

Why not make a new "core" completely separate from SC/HC, so you cannot bring items to this core.

Items can be bought and traded at will like normal. But only during the season, and items go poof after reset amd start from ground zero again. However, you will keep prof gains.

Little twist, upon a death you are set back one class, you will only get 1 guild point until you are back to your highest class you were at.

Due to this being a slightly harder core, slightly higher guild points for each pass.

And, due to items disappearing after reset, drop rates are significantly higher..talking about alot....like a alot.

Events would come back and be tripled of what they were. Add a little craziness to the core. Spice it up some.

Just throwing it out there. This would solve many of the issues. I think it would keep everybody happy. Brings a new challenge to the game. And doesn't take away from the people that have been collecting gear forever and still can play SC or HC and do their thing.

But eh, I have crazy ideas. But crazy is just what we maybe need.

P.s

This obviously would need more tweaking, but could definitely be a game changer if implemented correctly.
Gold: 79,063.18
Oct 15 2018 09:53pm
Quote (iToons @ Oct 15 2018 11:40pm)

Why not make a new "core" completely separate from SC/HC, so you cannot bring items to this core.

I like the concept; but the worst part is making more divisions in the already small player base
Gold: 20,492.75
Oct 15 2018 09:59pm
Quote (hasteful @ Oct 15 2018 11:53pm)
I like the concept; but the worst part is making more divisions in the already small player base

Given enough time and correct marketing of the game throughout JSP, player base wouldn't be an issue.

I am a mastermind when it comes to certain things and this happens to be one of them :) . Just dont ask me to drive a stick shift :rofl:

This post was edited by iToons on Oct 15 2018 10:01pm
Gold: 50,072.19
Warn: 30%
Oct 15 2018 10:25pm
Quote (iToons @ Oct 16 2018 01:59am)
Given enough time and correct marketing of the game throughout JSP, player base wouldn't be an issue.

I am a mastermind when it comes to certain things and this happens to be one of them :) . Just dont ask me to drive a stick shift :rofl:

Jsp is a dwindling community. It's not as big as it once was. This idea sucks. You're basically asking for a new game.

All sorts of changes can be implemented in the game as is. You don't have to start new cores. Starting a new core would be the same as deleting all the items.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 15 2018 11:21pm
I'd love to see an iron man mode no matter what changes are made with it
Gold: 8,672.68
Oct 15 2018 11:25pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Oct 15 2018 06:57am)
Good point. Especially if hardcore gets a Ironman server as well...

It is a new game mode for both cores... not a server.
I believe JanMcCrank changed it from Ironman to "Singleplayer" on previous page to my settings.

Quote (iToons @ Oct 16 2018 04:40pm)
Hey Jan!

I have been thinking of something crazy, but call me Rex :)

Items can be bought and traded at will like normal. But only during the season, and items go poof after reset amd start from ground zero again. However, you will keep prof gains.

Little twist, upon a death you are set back one class, you will only get 1 guild point until you are back to your highest class you were at.

Due to this being a slightly harder core, slightly higher guild points for each pass.

And, due to items disappearing after reset, drop rates are significantly higher..talking about alot....like a alot.

Events would come back and be tripled of what they were. Add a little craziness to the core. Spice it up some.

Just throwing it out there. This would solve many of the issues. I think it would keep everybody happy. Brings a new challenge to the game. And doesn't take away from the people that have been collecting gear forever and still can play SC or HC and do their thing.

But eh, I have crazy ideas. But crazy is just what we maybe need.

P.s

This obviously would need more tweaking, but could definitely be a game changer if implemented correctly.

Would be decent, but, I would rather he add something similar to "durability" to all items old and new... also, add a skill "Repair" for those that want to repair items at a price, and of course you can just pay an FG fee at the Marketplace to repair your item.
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Oct 16 2018 12:49am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 16 Oct 2018 06:25)
It is a new game mode for both cores... not a server.
I believe JanMcCrank changed it from Ironman to "Singleplayer" on previous page to my settings.

Would be decent, but, I would rather he add something similar to "durability" to all items old and new... also, add a skill "Repair" for those that want to repair items at a price, and of course you can just pay an FG fee at the Marketplace to repair your item.

Point One is totally right.
Not quite sure about the new core tbh
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll