d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Threatens Sauds > For Killing Wash Post Correspondent
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 13 2018 10:54am
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/13/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-turkey-investigation-intl/index.html

US President Donald Trump vowed in a "60 Minutes" interview that the United States would get to the bottom of what happened to a missing Saudi journalist and that there would be "severe punishment" if he was found to have been murdered.

In an excerpt from the interview, released by CBS on Saturday morning, Trump said the case of Jamal Khashoggi was "being looked at very, very strongly" and that his administration "would be very upset and angry" if it turned out that the Saudi government had ordered his killing.
"As of this moment, they deny it and they deny it vehemently. Could it be them? Yes," he said, in what are his strongest comments yet on the matter.
Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post, went into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2 to obtain paperwork that would allow him to marry his Turkish fiancée. He hasn't been seen in public since.

On Friday, a source familiar with the ongoing investigation told CNN that Turkish authorities have audio and visual evidence that showed Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate.

Turkish intelligence reports they have audio/visual data produced by Khashoggi, who turned on his Apple watch prior to going into the consulate because he was scared of what could happen. There was audio of his interrogation, torture, and murder in the Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkey, and Turkish intelligence has this.

It is true that agents in the Middle Eastern nations of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran, Gulf States, etc, play espionage and kill each other's agents, abroad, through extrajudicial assassinations.

Khashoggi was an ally to the United States who was killed for speech. He was not a political agent, just the editor of a Saudi Arabian newspaper that he turned into a voice of the progressives in Saudi society. He was lured in under the guise of getting bureaucratic documents signed....like going to the DMV for a license...and was interrogated, tortured, and murdered. The Saudi Arabian government are being deceptive in the matter.

I'm glad that President Trump is paying attention to this, and I hope he finally does something to let the allies of America in the world know that we actually haven't abandoned them to the illiberal regional superpowers who seek to dominate them.
Gold: 18.00
Oct 13 2018 11:00am
He obviously came out in boxes
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2018 11:10am
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 13 2018 11:17am
Based

Quote (HeLiCaL @ Oct 13 2018 01:10pm)

Basically, minus the racey undertones
Gold: 16,320.00
Oct 13 2018 11:23am
I read some right-wing trash about how the Turks were just trying to cause another conflict to further their Muslim agenda and bring down western influence in Turkey. After living there for two years myself, I can’t disagree more.

I’d really lean towards trusting the Turks on this one and collecting the evidence they are offering.

In all honesty, Trump’s comments and the way he announces shit sounds more like something that would come out of Kim’s or another dictator’s mouth.
This guy has no fucking idea how to handle international conflict.
Gold: 9,276.00
Oct 13 2018 11:34am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 13 2018 09:54am)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/13/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-turkey-investigation-intl/index.html

Turkish intelligence reports they have audio/visual data produced by Khashoggi, who turned on his Apple watch prior to going into the consulate because he was scared of what could happen. There was audio of his interrogation, torture, and murder in the Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkey, and Turkish intelligence has this.

It is true that agents in the Middle Eastern nations of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran, Gulf States, etc, play espionage and kill each other's agents, abroad, through extrajudicial assassinations.

Khashoggi was an ally to the United States who was killed for speech. He was not a political agent, just the editor of a Saudi Arabian newspaper that he turned into a voice of the progressives in Saudi society. He was lured in under the guise of getting bureaucratic documents signed....like going to the DMV for a license...and was interrogated, tortured, and murdered. The Saudi Arabian government are being deceptive in the matter.

I'm glad that President Trump is paying attention to this, and I hope he finally does something to let the allies of America in the world know that we actually haven't abandoned them to the illiberal regional superpowers who seek to dominate them.

Don't see anything big happening, most likely blow over. To me, what's more interesting is why are the Turks blowing them in? They tend to be fairly aligned on the geopolitical front. Both Sunnis, both don't like Iran. To me, this is a signal that there is more divergence in the two countries agendas.
Gold: 945.00
Oct 13 2018 12:01pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 13 2018 06:34pm)
Don't see anything big happening, most likely blow over. To me, what's more interesting is why are the Turks blowing them in? They tend to be fairly aligned on the geopolitical front. Both Sunnis, both don't like Iran. To me, this is a signal that there is more divergence in the two countries agendas.

Seems pretty huge to me, going haywire on social media, the brutality and claimed available evidence is actually influencing corporations in freezing Saudi investments. Trump following suit against Saudi Arabia is unheard of, something the public would have liked to see from western governments for quite some time now. And I actually find myself supporting him in doing so.

Yet, I am hesitant to believe anything substantial on a government level will be accomplished, the trade of oil and warfare is highly profitable, then again, with Trump you never know what you are gonna get.
There is another thought on the issue: if actual repercussions are gonna come from corporations instead of the government. It's gonna at least be extremely awkward, to rely on moral guidance from corporations. Stressing the merit for Trump to actually do something.
Gold: 542.20
Oct 13 2018 12:41pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Oct 13 2018 05:23pm)
I read some right-wing trash about how the Turks were just trying to cause another conflict to further their Muslim agenda and bring down western influence in Turkey. After living there for two years myself, I can’t disagree more.

I’d really lean towards trusting the Turks on this one and collecting the evidence they are offering.

In all honesty, Trump’s comments and the way he announces shit sounds more like something that would come out of Kim’s or another dictator’s mouth.

you have no idea what ur talking about when u speak, do you?
Gold: 16,320.00
Oct 13 2018 12:45pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Oct 13 2018 01:41pm)
you have no idea what ur talking about when u speak, do you?

Are you mad because I have real-world experience?
Who the fuck even are you?
Gold: 1.69
Oct 13 2018 12:47pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ 13 Oct 2018 13:23)

You should stop posting
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll