d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump University > Back By Popular Demand
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Aug 14 2018 09:11pm
Quote (Cambridge @ Aug 14 2018 08:15pm)
Dumb? Not hardly.
Lazy? Most definitely.

College is too much fluff.
Teach me what I need to know, test me to see if I know it. End transaction.
There is no practical use for spending months writing a thirty page paper that’s just going to get thrown in the trash as soon as it’s graded and returned.

Spend two weeks teaching us the same subject, any subject, and I’m willing to bet we get a very similar grade on any exam given, despite the fact that you went home and studied every night and I sat around drinking and building shit in my garage.
Welcome to the real world.

If that was your college experience then you really have nobody to blame but yourself for picking really bad classes or really bad College. My experience was not anything like what you describe.

You would also likely lose that bet, and since you dropped put of school for the military, then dropped out again after the military it's not hard to see that you're too far to the left of the Dunning Krueger curve to accurately assess your abilities.

Also I got out $25,000 in debt with a master's degree in a relevant science field, and I probably could have gotten out with significantly less if I had tried, but again if you're picking a 30k/year school it's on you.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 14 2018 09:12pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 14 2018 09:16pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 14 2018 11:08pm)
They would admit to fraud as their argument? Not likely.

They will argue that lessons they agreed to teach were taught. They will argue that because some students didn't understand what was to be taught, is not the university's fault.
Aug 14 2018 09:19pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 14 2018 09:16pm)
They will argue that lessons they agreed to teach were taught. They will argue that because some students didn't understand what was to be taught, is not the university's fault.

I mean, there's no "would", according to Donald they admitted guilt by settling
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 14 2018 09:22pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 14 2018 11:19pm)
I mean, there's no "would", according to Donald they admitted guilt by settling

Not exactly. They settled, yes. As for admitting guilt...
Aug 14 2018 09:26pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 14 2018 09:22pm)
Not exactly. They settled, yes. As for admitting guilt...

I mean, Trump has said on many occasions that he doesn't settle because it's basically admitting guilt.....
Gold: 0.00
Aug 14 2018 10:14pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 14 Aug 2018 22:11)
If that was your college experience then you really have nobody to blame but yourself for picking really bad classes or really bad College. My experience was not anything like what you describe.

You would also likely lose that bet, and since you dropped put of school for the military, then dropped out again after the military it's not hard to see that you're too far to the left of the Dunning Krueger curve to accurately assess your abilities.

Also I got out $25,000 in debt with a master's degree in a relevant science field, and I probably could have gotten out with significantly less if I had tried, but again if you're picking a 30k/year school it's on you.

Cambridge’s acedemic history, a brief report; (too lazy to punctuate on my phone)

taught myself to read prior to kindergarten by watching my sister who was two years older than me do her homework,
was removed from my first grade class twice a day during reading and math to go solve problems and read books with the third graders,
was the only kid that could NOT write in cursive in second grade because the school I had just moved from handn’t taught it yet and I was too embarrassed to admit I couldn’t so I taught myself using the letters above the board and sneaking peaks at everyone else’s work, third grade was placed in STARS which was that schools equivalent of a talented kids program,
fourth grade moved to yet another new school (my sixth school move since kindergarten, we were poor as shit and kept getting evicted) and they were having a contest to see who could memorize all the Presidents which they had been studying everyday for about three weeks and the contest was ending the day after I showed up so I memorized them all in an evening forward and backward for bonus points and won every spelling bee for the rest of that year, fifth grade I won the spelling bee for my entire grade and then challenged six grade winner and won and was also placed in PACE (this schools talented kids program), sixth grade top of my class in all subjects won the spelling bee for both grades again and went to a district spelling bee and placed second.
I had never gotten anything lower than an A in a class at that point.
Seventh grade moved schools again, was immediately placed in TAG (new schools talented kids program) but was told I couldn’t skip forward any grades for classes because that school didn’t allow it so I stopped turning in assignments because they wouldn’t let me take the courses I wanted and spent my time reading instead working my way through every book in the library marked grades 7-10 that I thought looked interesting, eighth grade still in TAG and they now let me ride the bus to the high school in the mornings with five other middle schoolers to attend advanced math so I start doing work again but the rest of the schedule was boring so I worked my way through all the books marked for grades 11-12 in the middle school library.
Cut to high school, the principal said my grades were shit other than math so despite letters of recommendation from all teachers saying that I was capable and just bored with the courses he wouldn’t let me take AP classes as a freshman and I spent the next three years turning in as little work as possible and skipping so much class that I had my very own truancy officer assigned to track me down when I didn’t show up.
Despite the fact that I never attended class, didn’t study or turn in assignments, and drank almost every single night starting at around 15, I aced every single test that was handed out, scored top three in the school on our graduation tests, got a 33 on my ACT, and scored a 98 on my mandatory ASVAB Junior year while still thoroughly intoxicated from the night before and visibly high from smoking in the parking lot right before class.
Que me going to college expecting things to be challenging for the first time in my life and realizing it was just more remedial bullshit like high school and I have them a big ‘no thanks’.
Worked some shitty factory jobs, taught myself to fix heavy equipment and fix cable and paper press machinery to pay bills, got bored with that after a few years, joined the military.
Graduated my boot camp with a meritorious promotion ahead of peers due to winning an acedemic board (mostly military knowledge and a dog and pony show for higher ups) and was placed in one of the more challenging pipelines for career. Went to first school for electronics, graduated top of my class and class leader and was written letters of recommendationand the only person in our pipeline to get a perfect score on our final exam even though I showed up drunk for the test (yes, I’m aware I drink a lot),went on to secondary school for communications (radio technician, basically) also graduated top of my class and class leader, sent to duty station and was put up on several promotion boards to compete against peers for promotion, won all boards by a landslide and was promoted ahead of peers again, decided to get out because I didn’t like the guys in charge of me or where I got stationed.
Landed a job in gas and oil as an electronics technician, learned more in my first six months ready schematics and equipment spec sheets than the other two junior techs who had been there two years each and was promoted to senior tech and shift lead,
company went bankrupt so in the course of job hunting I lucked into a job in the medical field fixing diagnostic chemistry equipment, knew a lot about fixing shit but nothing about biochemistry so I did some research and taught myself about each assay we were running and what they tested for, and why they were important, all my metrics were above 90%, first in my district, third overall for effectivity (metric for fixing it right the first time and not having to go back for a second repair) in the entire eastern region, moved from that job to take a pay raise within the same industry but I now work on microbiology automation instead of chemistry. I’ve only been with the company since January and engineers that have been doing my job for five plus years call me to answer questions, currently on track to be signed off as a subject matter expert in my first two years and they’re already talking about training me on secondary equipment.

I have a high school diploma and make right around six figures with my limited overtime (my usual work week is 40-50).

How’s that masters degree and $25K of debt treating you?

EDIT: Given that I’ve literally been at the top of every subject, class, or field I’ve ever taken/worked in with very little effort applied I’d say it’s safe to reason that your “he’s too stupid to know he’s stupid” theory is more than a little unsubstantiated, but hey if that’s what you have to tell yourself to get some sleep at night then go rest easy friend.

This post was edited by Cambridge on Aug 14 2018 10:28pm
Gold: 2,420.00
Aug 14 2018 10:48pm
wtf ^
Aug 14 2018 10:55pm
Quote (Cambridge @ Aug 14 2018 10:14pm)
Cambridge’s acedemic history, a brief report; (too lazy to punctuate on my phone)

I have a high school diploma and make right around six figures with my limited overtime (my usual work week is 40-50).

How’s that masters degree and $25K of debt treating you?

EDIT: Given that I’ve literally been at the top of every subject, class, or field I’ve ever taken/worked in with very little effort applied I’d say it’s safe to reason that your “he’s too stupid to know he’s stupid” theory is more than a little unsubstantiated, but hey if that’s what you have to tell yourself to get some sleep at night then go rest easy friend.

Hey, you might have done well for yourself, but you don't need to post a giant wall of lies.

My degree is doing pretty well for me, although I'll be in around 300k debt by the time I'm done.
Gold: 22,720.48
Aug 14 2018 10:57pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 14 2018 10:26pm)
I mean, Trump has said on many occasions that he doesn't settle because it's basically admitting guilt.....

Which is funny given how many lawsuits he has settled over the years.
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 14 2018 10:58pm
Jesus that wall of text makes me cringe.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll