d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Proficiency/gear Optimization Suggestion > A True Meaningful Grind
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
User Poll
Guests cannot vote. Please register or login.
BlastBeat
#1 Jul 8 2018 02:08am
Group: Member
Posts: 4,608
Joined: Mar 9 2015
Gold: 3,079.20
Was looking at a bunch of gear and thought about all the potential magical stats an item can have, mixed in with the already extremely low drop rates; it's hard to find a piece of gear where the stats work together, often lots of wasted side mods.

Ex:

Mystical fire X
Level Req: 35
Spell Damage: 82 to 219
Mana Cost: 77

+129% Enhanced Effect
+61 Max Life
+3 Jubilance
+6% Earth Mastery

Wish that was fire mastery?

What if there was a way to optimize your gear and grind towards re-rolling the stat into fire mastery? Maybe even trade in a fire proficiency to make the fire mastery +1% higher?

I feel like this would be a fun way to grind towards optimizing and personalizing your gear a little more. Just have to make sure it's a long grind so we wouldn't see crazy gg gear all over the place.

Doubt something like this would ever happen, but always fun discussing new ideas to give the game some life.

Ideas? Suggestions?

This post was edited by BlastBeat on Jul 8 2018 02:08am
HylianHero
#2 Jul 8 2018 04:08am
Group: Member
Posts: 13,372
Joined: Oct 17 2004
Gold: 374.31
That was a different idea that I was expecting, but when I think of giving up an ice prof my charms, and knowing it takes 40k prof to get a rank. Yeah, no thanks.
njaguar
#3 Jul 8 2018 07:39am
Group: Admin
Posts: 22,965
Joined: Sep 24 2002
Gold: 50,623.36
Trader: Trusted
You guys are aware that element mastery also gives -damage % to that element, right? If you get over 100% you actually absorb (heal) that element when a mob uses it on you.
Meridius
#4 Jul 8 2018 08:00am
Group: Member
Posts: 17,821
Joined: Aug 21 2007
Gold: 26,775.17
Quote (njaguar @ 8 Jul 2018 15:39)
You guys are aware that element mastery also gives -damage % to that element, right? If you get over 100% you actually absorb (heal) that element when a mob uses it on you.


yeah but that is not possible

you can only get +24% from weap/armor/charm thats 72% total. Even if someone glyphs a 55 item with another 24% you only get to 96%
njaguar
#5 Jul 8 2018 08:01am
Group: Admin
Posts: 22,965
Joined: Sep 24 2002
Gold: 50,623.36
Trader: Trusted
Quote (Meridius @ Jul 8 2018 09:00am)
yeah but that is not possible

you can only get +24% from weap/armor/charm thats 72% total. Even if someone glyphs a 55 item with another 24% you only get to 96%


I'm fairly certain the max is +28% per item.
Meridius
#6 Jul 8 2018 08:06am
Group: Member
Posts: 17,821
Joined: Aug 21 2007
Gold: 26,775.17
Quote (njaguar @ 8 Jul 2018 16:01)
I'm fairly certain the max is +28% per item.


you are right, I had t12 in my mind somehow

so it is possible in theory, but won't happen anytime soon (or late)
BlastBeat
#7 Jul 8 2018 08:06am
Group: Member
Posts: 4,608
Joined: Mar 9 2015
Gold: 3,079.20
Quote (HylianHero @ Jul 8 2018 06:08am)
That was a different idea that I was expecting, but when I think of giving up an ice prof my charms, and knowing it takes 40k prof to get a rank. Yeah, no thanks.


Ya I was wondering about that. Maybe you get more points to put into a certain stat when trading in higher profs
njaguar
#8 Jul 8 2018 08:08am
Group: Admin
Posts: 22,965
Joined: Sep 24 2002
Gold: 50,623.36
Trader: Trusted
Quote (Meridius @ Jul 8 2018 09:06am)
you are right, I had t12 in my mind somehow

so it is possible in theory, but won't happen anytime soon (or late)


https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=547791&p=399799

:)

But yeah, they are rare to spawn at top stat.
hasteful
#9 Jul 8 2018 08:13am
Group: Member
Posts: 11,671
Joined: Feb 11 2007
Gold: 4,661.54
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 10:08am)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=547791&p=399799

:)

But yeah, they are rare to spawn at top stat.



I’m curious if you knew Randy had that charm... or if you could search for it :lol:


Wish I could get a comment on my suggestion :cry:
BlastBeat
#10 Jul 8 2018 08:19am
Group: Member
Posts: 4,608
Joined: Mar 9 2015
Gold: 3,079.20
Quote (hasteful @ Jul 8 2018 10:13am)
I’m curious if you knew Randy had that charm... or if you could search for it :lol:


Wish I could get a comment on my suggestion :cry:


https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77204259&f=272

44 replies!

Guess its not a horrible idea if Paul commented.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll