d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Proficiency/gear Optimization Suggestion > A True Meaningful Grind
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Admin
Gold: 22,279.75
Trader: Trusted
Jul 8 2018 06:32pm
Don't have all max stat items, therefore it's worthless. Got it.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 8 2018 06:34pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 08:32pm)
Don't have all max stat items, therefore it's worthless. Got it.

No but to test the sorbing they’d have to be because the cap is 28? Not arguing about it at all just don’t see any other way to test the sorb aspect since it must be over 100.

It’s possible a tank set up may not even need much ee if the sorbing is pretty crazy, just have no way of knowing.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jul 8 2018 06:35pm
Admin
Gold: 22,279.75
Trader: Trusted
Jul 8 2018 06:37pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jul 8 2018 07:34pm)
No but to test the sorbing they’d have to be because the cap is 28? Not arguing about it at all just don’t see any other way to test the sorb aspect since it must be over 100.

And you would had you (as in the community) kept the hundreds of items that spawned the max stat. See my previous posts explaining this.
Jul 8 2018 06:40pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 08:37pm)
And you would had you (as in the community) kept the hundreds of items that spawned the max stat. See my previous posts explaining this.

Got ya.

So far im at this:

Mythical angelwood club
Level Req: 50
Damage: 35 to 159
+42 Intelligence
+1% Parry
+24% Ice Mastery
+4% Fire Mastery
+3% Lightning Mastery

Mystical focused heal XIV
Level Req: 55
Heals: 84 to 100
Mana Cost: 109
+1 Strength
+50 Max Life
+28% Ice Mastery

would acc slot an ee ice charm to make up the damage. just need a robe with close to max ice mastery and any int at all. would have to try to make up the difference with glyphs
Gold: 134.69
Jul 8 2018 06:58pm
I'll admit it, I throw out all that sidemod junk. I kept a couple prices of heal mastery and even those just gather dust. Tbh even after all this I probly still won't keep side mods cuz space.
Jul 8 2018 07:14pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jul 8 2018 08:58pm)
I'll admit it, I throw out all that sidemod junk. I kept a couple prices of heal mastery and even those just gather dust. Tbh even after all this I probly still won't keep side mods cuz space.

it's difficult. Most of us want to mq in a reasonable amount of time. Some do like to grind and solo and that's great but at some point you must have some ee on there too especially in this current game edition.
Gold: 358.82
Jul 8 2018 07:28pm
I really only meant mastery mods as an example to what you could do with this idea. Maybe you want to grind towards adding some strength to a sword? Or some dex to a dagger? Again, this would have to be a hell of a grind to even add +1 stat

Either way, loving the discussion. Never thought it would get this much heat, even if it did turn in to a mastery discussion
Gold: 100,043.95
Warn: 30%
Jul 8 2018 07:48pm
Semantically speaking I see that there is no such thing as a side mod. They are all mods which each serve a purpose.
Enhanced effect has the most efficient and ample purpose for killing, healing, defending, etc.

Each of the other mods ALL have a purpose no doubt and I actually like the masteries. I like having tons of potential stats that can roll together and make you a unique item. It makes you think about making a special build based on that.
The masteries make you look at monster abilities in a more dynamic way. When I see this mobs I know they attack with wind charms so I know if I have any wind mastery on, (or a glyph with maybe 5% wind mastery) I know that it's reducing my damage taken and I like that.

I know that this guy does "multistrike" ice damage so casters are going to take less damage. It's easy to memorize because he's blue.

I like the new system of ladder slasher with monster abilities. Ladder slasher can be a stress relieving mindless clicking game or it can have large amounts of depth. It depends on how you want to play it.
When hitting large amounts of evil presences, what's fun for me is trying to understand which monster to attack first and why. It's not always as simple as, "that guy stuns". Sometimes there's a multistriker so I know those will do tons of damage on us. Kill those first. Then let's say there's two multistrikers in a group with all warlocks. I'd kill this guy first, because he's gonna hit us harder.
Even with regular monsters I always try to take out the shielders and multistrikers first so progress is swifter. If you do more damge, try to attack the monsters who have full health. If your damage is low, go for the weaker mobs.

Look at a_hotter_otter trying to incorporate quickdraw with int so he can use casting abilities on monk,ninja, etc. Look at Powertripped saving up these %mastery items so he can one day maybe have a set that serves a function. Look at a bunch of people who use magic luck with or without EE.

The point is, what is the objective to the game? There are many, and the mainstream one is guild points / climb the ladder.

Other possible objectives:
Beating records (like highest ladder slasher char ever)
Just have fun zipping around on mini map
Magic finding for items
Skilling for profit
Accumulating proficiency
Collecting/trading items, comfreys, totems, potions
Chatting
Passing time

And the list can go on to more philosophical reasons for playing a video game. The point is most of these things point towards items and climbing to kill monsters. The end-game objective is master quest, lvl 101 or maybe whatever you want it to be but it all points towards ladder reset. If I glyph my ass off, long term I'll have great glyphs I can use in climbs which will increase the speed of my climbs thus potentially resetting the ladder quicker. If I transmute or magic find, I will one day have great items which allow me to kill monsters faster, reach lvl 71 quicker and climb through the ladder quicker.

Having % element mastery along with other mods is great because you know it's giving you innate defense. Having it alone really doesn't give you much to work with in comparison to other mods.
From a theoretical point of view, % mastery is great. In practice as a solo mod, it underperforms.

Maybe one day when perfect sets are put together it can be used for an all melee mirror maze, and players heal themselves by swapping to Mastery gear in the middle of fights to sorb and then swap back to damage gear.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Jul 8 2018 07:51pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll