d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 24 2018 11:15pm
why do movies like this get released?

is it simply a matter of a project gets greenlighted, but the staff half-asses everything and the studio has no choice but to release the finished product anyway?

Or is it a situation where this is EXACTLY the movie they set out to make, and they are just aiming at an audience I can't identify with (China?)

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jul 24 2018 11:17pm
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 25 2018 05:04am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 25 2018 12:15am)
why do movies like this get released?

is it simply a matter of a project gets greenlighted, but the staff half-asses everything and the studio has no choice but to release the finished product anyway?

Or is it a situation where this is EXACTLY the movie they set out to make, and they are just aiming at an audience I can't identify with (China?)

It’s a business. And the goal is to make money. This movie made a shit load of money.
Jul 25 2018 05:30am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 07:04am)
It’s a business. And the goal is to make money. This movie made a shit load of money.

so if everyone in this thread agrees that the movie is terrible, what target audience did the creators have in mind when they wrote it?

14 year olds? foreigners? who walks out of the theater after this and says "I can't wait to buy a ticket to the next predictable cgi actionfest with no character/plot depth"?

is there a bottomless market which will offer decent return on investment for as much budget as studios can pump into releasing these cgi products?

Maybe I'm just running in the wrong circles (i don't hang out with Bulgarian middle schoolers) but I don't know where the market for this type of product is.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jul 25 2018 05:31am
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Jul 25 2018 06:17am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 25 2018 07:30am)
so if everyone in this thread agrees that the movie is terrible, what target audience did the creators have in mind when they wrote it?

14 year olds? foreigners? who walks out of the theater after this and says "I can't wait to buy a ticket to the next predictable cgi actionfest with no character/plot depth"?

is there a bottomless market which will offer decent return on investment for as much budget as studios can pump into releasing these cgi products?

Maybe I'm just running in the wrong circles (i don't hang out with Bulgarian middle schoolers) but I don't know where the market for this type of product is.

Everyone in this world wastes money on things they don't need. Businesses take advantage of that worlds stupidity of this generation.

Don't be like stupidity generation, be better.
Jul 25 2018 06:54am
Quote (D_urRRR @ Jul 25 2018 08:17am)
Everyone in this world wastes money on things they don't need. Businesses take advantage of that worlds stupidity of this generation.

Don't be like stupidity generation, be better.

I'm certainly not surprised that people would spend the money on a ticket. The part I don't understand is why they would want to spend their 2 hours on it.

Wouldn't they rather derp around on youtube or netflix? Or if they wanna go out somewhere, isn't there a wide array of places in their town to shop/eat/drink/socialize? Or if they want to watch a movie, aren't there other selections playing at the theater?

Apparently, millions of people intentionally walked into a theater and bought a ticket for JW. They must have thought it was more enjoyable than whatever else they could be doing. That's the mindset I am unfamiliar with.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jul 25 2018 06:55am
Jul 25 2018 07:14am
Who gives a shit why. The point is with ‘Jurassic’ in the title, it’s an instant green light money maker.

What don’t you understand about that? Same with Star Wars or Fast and Furious, Marvel etc..the studio doesn’t give a shit if it’s bad. Plenty of bad fucking products out there that still make lots of money, they aren’t gonna stop making them because you think they are bad or don’t understand it

This post was edited by EmericAn on Jul 25 2018 07:15am
Jul 25 2018 07:54am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 09:14am)
Who gives a shit why. The point is with ‘Jurassic’ in the title, it’s an instant green light money maker.

What don’t you understand about that? Same with Star Wars or Fast and Furious, Marvel etc..the studio doesn’t give a shit if it’s bad. Plenty of bad fucking products out there that still make lots of money, they aren’t gonna stop making them because you think they are bad or don’t understand it

I am aware that discussion on our random internet forum will have no effect on the behavior of the studios or the movies they make. They aren't interested to know what I am thinking.

But I am interested in using this forum to discuss issues about movies, such as what they are thinking when they make a movie like that. If you aren't interested in that, no one is forcing you to post.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Jul 25 2018 07:56am
Jul 25 2018 07:59am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 25 2018 08:54am)
I am aware that discussion on our random internet forum will have no effect on the behavior of the studios or the movies they make. They aren't interested to know what I am thinking.

But I am interested in using this forum to discuss issues about movies, such as what they are thinking when they make a movie like that. If you aren't interested in that, no one is forcing you to post.

I already explain why............ :wallbash:
Jul 25 2018 08:03am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 09:59am)
I already explain why............ :wallbash:

recap-
Me: Why is this movie profitable?
You: because it makes money.
Me: Who buys it?
You: Who gives a shit? it makes money
Jul 25 2018 08:13am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 08:14am)

There I bolded it for you since you can’t figure it out. And I said ‘who gives a shit’ in response to why people saw it, not to who saw it. But again, your comprehension is low... I should have known I’d have to explain it to you in depth. Maybe pictures will help you next time.

This movie targets children, and then there is a significant amount of adult attendance who want to see it because of Jurassic Park alone. This is pretty damn simple to understand and figure out for yourself.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll