d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 25 2018 08:30am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 10:13am)
This movie targets children, and then there is a significant amount of adult attendance who want to see it because of Jurassic Park alone.

So are you saying that a significant amount of adults will feel obligated to check it out (even though they fully expect it to be bad) simply because it is part of a franchise they remember having a good experience with (original JP)?

If that's what you're saying, then it's possibly a good answer to my question. Thanks for your contribution.
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 25 2018 08:32am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 25 2018 09:30am)
So are you saying that a significant amount of adults will feel obligated to check it out (even though they fully expect it to be bad) simply because it is part of a franchise they remember having a good experience with (original JP)?

If that's what you're saying, then it's possibly a good answer to my question. Thanks for your contribution.

Not obligated, but intrigued.

That’s why I saw it
Gold: 2,211.60
Jul 25 2018 09:54am
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 02:32pm)
Not obligated, but intrigued.

That’s why I saw it

Same here, and I didn't think it was an ok movie, I mean just look at the artwork of it, it's a really great job - even top quality some of it. Even if the movie itself could be much better, less copying of old scenes from previous movies. And I'm above 20/under 30, I think it appeals more to people like half my age...

Another one from the second movie...
"It looks as if a real dino is being faked to be a puppet."

But I asked a question about what else was copied from previous JP's in this movie other than the examples I brought up/what I noticed..

when a high quality copy comes out I'm gonna look at this again.

This post was edited by TidsL on Jul 25 2018 09:57am
Gold: 39,837.69
Jul 25 2018 10:05am
Quote (TidsL @ Jul 25 2018 10:54am)
Same here, and I didn't think it was an ok movie, I mean just look at the artwork of it, it's a really great job - even top quality some of it. Even if the movie itself could be much better, less copying of old scenes from previous movies. And I'm above 20/under 30, I think it appeals more to people like half my age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyfy8rrfOkM
Another one from the second movie...
"It looks as if a real dino is being faked to be a puppet."

But I asked a question about what else was copied from previous JP's in this movie other than the examples I brought up/what I noticed..

when a high quality copy comes out I'm gonna look at this again.

What artwork? The CGI?

Im not really sure what you are saying. Regardless, the storyline is absolutely horrible, who cares if the movie is 'pretty' if the substance/content is dog shit
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 25 2018 12:03pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Jul 25 2018 09:05am)
What artwork? The CGI?

Im not really sure what you are saying. Regardless, the storyline is absolutely horrible,who cares if the movie is 'pretty' if the substance/content is dog shit

This.... It's the Michael Bay mentality. Who gives a fuck about character building, sensible plots, dialogue, getting even mediocre performances from your cast, or anything else when you've got KRAPLOW!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like this is all Fallen Kingdom went for, and I don't know why anyone is defending the steaming pile of shit that it was.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 25 2018 12:04pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2018 03:32pm
STOP GOING BACK TO THE ISLAND
Gold: 542.20
Jul 25 2018 04:21pm
I just cant stand how movie makers or whoever feel the need to add their politicals into a movies like Jurassic park franchise, star wars, resident evil... Its like the completely focus on the wrong thing ( politics and cgi, and completely disregard a decent plot)

LIke the first 5 minutes of the movie, when it is like a BBC broadcast talking about the island, and there is a ticker scrolling the bottom of the screen... Did anyone read that shit?!?!? It read something like global warming rate highest in 1000 years.... and then it was followed by "president not sure if dinosaurs even existed"

It was at that point in the movie that I knew they had fucked up... And the movie was going to be complete trash. When the movie maker felt the need to force their political views upon the viewer of the Jurrasic Park franchise...

It just goes into a pile along with other movies, like the last resident evil they made, star wars the last jedi…. Just add fallen kingdom into that pile which is called trash
Jul 25 2018 05:22pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jul 25 2018 03:21pm)
I just cant stand how movie makers or whoever feel the need to add their politicals into a movies like Jurassic park franchise, star wars, resident evil... Its like the completely focus on the wrong thing ( politics and cgi, and completely disregard a decent plot)

LIke the first 5 minutes of the movie, when it is like a BBC broadcast talking about the island, and there is a ticker scrolling the bottom of the screen... Did anyone read that shit?!?!? It read something like global warming rate highest in 1000 years.... and then it was followed by "president not sure if dinosaurs even existed"

It was at that point in the movie that I knew they had fucked up... And the movie was going to be complete trash. When the movie maker felt the need to force their political views upon the viewer of the Jurrasic Park franchise...

It just goes into a pile along with other movies, like the last resident evil they made, star wars the last jedi…. Just add fallen kingdom into that pile which is called trash

Ya, that's what ruined the movie :rofl:

People like this crack me up. Literally losing his shit and unable to watch a movie over a fact... Oh lord.
Gold: 542.20
Jul 25 2018 05:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 25 2018 11:22pm)
Ya, that's what ruined the movie :rofl:

People like this crack me up. Literally losing his shit and unable to watch a movie over a fact... Oh lord.

over a fact...

k regardless, do you really enjoy seeing political views/ interests tied into a movie like Jurassic Park? Does it really add a lot to the movie that you wanted to go see?

Personally it doesn't do it for me, and kind of takes away from the movie.

Id rather they just put all their effort and energy into making something that is more enjoyable and watchable. And not have to worry about conveying some sort of p/c or political message. But someone calling the shots thought it would be a good idea..

A lot of these big franchises are this way now, im not even sure if I want to continue with the series. It just getting more and more unbearable the crap they are putting out.
Jul 25 2018 06:38pm
I don't care? If it's literally a sliding story at the bottom of a screen for approximately 5-10 seconds, I can ignore it pretty fucking easily and not let it have any impact on my opinion of the movie. It was a fucking awful flick, just like the previous two installments, but a realistic BBC headline scrolling past on a fake BBC channel, isn't what made the movie bad. If it was Fox news and it scrolled past with "Trump voted greatest President and person of all-time", all I'd think is "nice attention to detail", because they're appropriately displaying the network they're pretending to be, that's how fucking fiction works. It's a recreation of something that would be on BBC, they do talk about global warming quite often, as it's a scientifically proven problem, and they do report on President Trump quite often, as he's the President of the United States, and he's constantly saying stupid shit. It fits.... That's not forcing a political opinion down your throat, and to describe it as such just shows how overly sensitive you are about reasonable shit that goes against your impossibly narrow thought process.

e: I don't recall the scene tbh, but if it said exactly what you said, you're upset and saying a movie is terrible because of a scientifically proven fact. The earth is getting warmer/colder, whether it's just the cycle of the planet or man-made is entirely up for debate, but it is happening, and that's not up for debate as it's just a fact. The other part you're mad about is them saying "President" not U.S.A President, not President Trump, just "President not sure if dinosaurs exist" and your own ego thinking IT HAS TO BE ABOUT TRUMP, HOW DARE THEY!!! Which is just hilarious lol.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 25 2018 06:45pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll