d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > American Entitlement System > The Elephant In The Room
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 200.83
Apr 17 2018 04:47pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 17 2018 02:44pm)
No libertarians say they are opposed to slavery but a system where your options are work for just enough to survive or starve to death is slavery.
And this is the system you advocate, end of story, its already happened, thats the problem with your cult, its the exact same as communism, great in theory but you do not bother to take human nature into account.
In the end a system where powerful individuals and corporations are in charge rather than an elected body will always fall into despotism.

communism isn't great in theory
Gold: 7,525.35
Apr 17 2018 04:51pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 17 2018 06:44pm)
No libertarians say they are opposed to slavery but a system where your options are work for just enough to survive or starve to death is slavery.
And this is the system you advocate, end of story, its already happened, thats the problem with your cult, its the exact same as communism, great in theory but you do not bother to take human nature into account.
In the end a system where powerful individuals and corporations are in charge rather than an elected body will always fall into despotism.

>offering someone money in exchange for labor is slavery
>confiscating the fruits of someone else's labor is good tho

0/10

Have you looked around lately?
Are the options just enough to survive or starve to death?
Do you not understand how capitalism has enriched us and offered a standard of living many times greater than past generations and far and away better than communism?

Accusing me of wanting slavery because i support voluntary employment is illogical nonsense.
'do not bother to take human nature into account' is unsubstantiated nonsense. Read a book. I recommend Human Action by Ludwig von Mises.
Then come back and try to say he doesn't take human nature into account. what a bad joke.
Gold: 1.93
Apr 17 2018 04:59pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 18 2018 09:51am)
>offering someone money in exchange for labor is slavery
>confiscating the fruits of someone else's labor is good tho

0/10

Have you looked around lately?
Are the options just enough to survive or starve to death?
Do you not understand how capitalism has enriched us and offered a standard of living many times greater than past generations and far and away better than communism?

Accusing me of wanting slavery because i support voluntary employment is illogical nonsense.
'do not bother to take human nature into account' is unsubstantiated nonsense. Read a book. I recommend Human Action by Ludwig von Mises.
Then come back and try to say he doesn't take human nature into account. what a bad joke.

"The fruits of some one elses labor" owning a coal mine is not labor mate.
Who decides who owns resources? First person to lay claim to them? First person to shoot the first person to lay claim to them?
Ludwig von mises was completely delusional, i honestly have no idea how your brain can be wired in a way that sees him as anything more than a nutjob.
Capitalism was great at a certain point in history, right now it is just holding us back and propping up the wealthy off the backs of the poor.

There is no profit in finding cures, so i am stuck with this fucking man flu.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Apr 17 2018 05:01pm
Apr 17 2018 05:09pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 17 2018 06:59pm)
"The fruits of some one elses labor" owning a coal mine is not labor mate.
Who decides who owns resources? First person to lay claim to them? First person to shoot the first person to lay claim to them?
Ludwig von mises was completely delusional, i honestly have no idea how your brain can be wired in a way that sees him as anything more than a nutjob.
Capitalism was great at a certain point in history, right now it is just holding us back and propping up the wealthy off the backs of the poor.

There is no profit in finding cures, so i am stuck with this fucking man flu.

You haven't bothered to read the basics and think you are qualified to dismiss him as 'completely delusional' and a 'nutjob' after i point out your claims are laughably and demonstrably false.

I wont hold my breath waiting for you to stop being a rabid anti-intellectual and admit you were wrong.

If you were so comprehensively wrong about something important you asserted with confidence, one might wonder what else you could be wrong about.
one who cares about intellectual integrity might even take a step back and think for a minute instead of spouting off insults.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 17 2018 05:12pm
Apr 17 2018 05:13pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 18 2018 10:09am)
You haven't bothered to read the basics and think you are qualified to dismiss him as 'completely delusional' and a 'nutjob' after i point out your claims are laughably and demonstrably false.

I wont hold my breath waiting for you to stop being a rabid anti-intellectual and admit you were wrong.

Again, he can put as many pretty words down as he likes, in the end its just like communism, a few wealthy elites will control anything, if anything it is worse than communism.
Apr 17 2018 05:20pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 17 2018 07:13pm)
Again, he can put as many pretty words down as he likes, in the end its just like communism, a few wealthy elites will control anything, if anything it is worse than communism.

Refusing to read and become informed, making false statements about it from a position of willful ignorance, smearing the author if they disagree with your worldview, and then falsely saying its 'just like communism' doesn't make it accurate and doesn't erase the fact that you were wrong.
Apr 17 2018 05:22pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 18 2018 10:20am)
Refusing to read and become informed, making false statements about it from a position of willful ignorance, smearing the author if they disagree with your worldview, and then falsely saying its 'just like communism' doesn't make it accurate and doesn't erase the fact that you were wrong.

Words in a book and reality are something you have trouble discerning between.
Communism sounds great when you read marx.
Gold: 6.66
Apr 17 2018 05:25pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 17 2018 02:31pm)
You don't have to pay taxes.

Your production is definitely amplified by the actions of a government arrangement as they are the source of the currency you use and trade with, as well as your defense.
You are free to try to find or create an arrangement where your productivity isn't siphoned in your imagination.

A voluntarily established group giving you free admittance and allowing you to leave = forcing you to pay?

It's kind of this bizarre combination of disparaging it in the theoretical realm, but embracing and finding refuge in it in the physical world.
Apr 17 2018 05:26pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 17 2018 07:22pm)
Words in a book and reality are something you have trouble discerning between.
Communism sounds great when you read marx.

You asserted that we dont take human nature into account when core libertarian works go in depth examining human nature and human action. you were unequivocally wrong in your efforts to smear libertarianism. thats the reality of the situation.

When discussing what a philosophy entails, those 'words in a book' actually matter. they are not all the same.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 17 2018 05:38pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 17 2018 08:37pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 17 2018 07:26pm)
You asserted that we dont take human nature into account when core libertarian works go in depth examining human nature and human action. you were unequivocally wrong in your efforts to smear libertarianism. thats the reality of the situation.

When discussing what a philosophy entails, those 'words in a book' actually matter. they are not all the same.

He's intent on proving his beliefs that rich people are hurr durr evil villains.

Evidence won't change his mind either way.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1161718192022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll