d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Official Venom Teaser
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,161.71
Apr 24 2018 09:27am
I don’t see how a venom origin can occur without spidey. That is the core premise of venom and why there symbiotic relationship is so successful. absolute HATRED for both Peter Parker in addition to Spider-Man.

We will see, expectations are low
Gold: 1,107.43
Apr 24 2018 09:27am
Venom (costume) looks and sounds awesome but those are only two things I liked about the trailer.

I don’t like that Eddie Brock’s storyline is completely made up making him look more like an honest, good-hearted person that's trying to blow the whistle on an evil company and gets caught up in a mess that wasn't him.
But that's REALLY not who Eddie is. He's a jerk, a self-centered loser, and someone who doesn't care about killing, with or without the symbiote. They just took some random journalist character and slapped the Eddie Brock name on it. And that's ignoring the character's entire motivation, Spider-Man, who looks absent from this film. Eddie becomes Venom because both he and the symbiote want revenge on Peter Parker for ruining their lives. If peter isn't there, it completely changes the character. I really hope I'm wrong about all this and hope the movie will be awesome nevertheless but based on what I’ve seen in this trailer I’m not so sure that’s gonna be the case sadly.
Still, will definitely watch as soon as it’s out.
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 24 2018 11:13am
I'm much more worried after that trailer
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 24 2018 11:36am
Looks very bad.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 24 2018 12:53pm
Quote (The_Outsider @ Apr 24 2018 08:27am)
Venom (costume) looks and sounds awesome but those are only two things I liked about the trailer.

I don’t like that Eddie Brock’s storyline is completely made up making him look more like an honest, good-hearted person that's trying to blow the whistle on an evil company and gets caught up in a mess that wasn't him.
But that's REALLY not who Eddie is. He's a jerk, a self-centered loser, and someone who doesn't care about killing, with or without the symbiote. They just took some random journalist character and slapped the Eddie Brock name on it. And that's ignoring the character's entire motivation, Spider-Man, who looks absent from this film. Eddie becomes Venom because both he and the symbiote want revenge on Peter Parker for ruining their lives. If peter isn't there, it completely changes the character. I really hope I'm wrong about all this and hope the movie will be awesome nevertheless but based on what I’ve seen in this trailer I’m not so sure that’s gonna be the case sadly.

I'm not bothered by it, but I feel like it would have been more sensible to make this character an entirely new person who combines with the symbiote. Also, was anyone else irritated by the absolutely retarded way they say symbiote in the trailer? Why do you have to make it sound so fucking stupid?
Gold: 1,107.43
Apr 24 2018 03:42pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 24 2018 01:53pm)
Also, was anyone else irritated by the absolutely retarded way they say symbiote in the trailer? Why do you have to make it sound so fucking stupid?

Lol glad you mentioned this. I was afraid I was saying it wrong my whole life xD
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 24 2018 03:50pm
Quote (The_Outsider @ Apr 24 2018 08:27am)

That is a very shallow view of Eddie, and one that has never really been true. But even if you think that is how the character started, that hasn't been his character for a long time.
Gold: 2.70
Apr 24 2018 05:06pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 24 2018 06:53pm)
I'm not bothered by it, but I feel like it would have been more sensible to make this character an entirely new person who combines with the symbiote. Also, was anyone else irritated by the absolutely retarded way they say symbiote in the trailer? Why do you have to make it sound so fucking stupid?

yes, very much yes... i heard it and was like.. wait what.. and went back to listen again

Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 24 2018 09:50pm)
That is a very shallow view of Eddie, and one that has never really been true. But even if you think that is how the character started, that hasn't been his character for a long time.

totally didnt expect kayo to get with hiromi

Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 24 2018 05:56pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ Apr 24 2018 04:06pm)
yes, very much yes... i heard it and was like.. wait what.. and went back to listen again

totally didnt expect kayo to get with hiromi

It's a very bittersweet show, but obviously she can't put her life on hold hoping satoru will come out of his coma. The show hardcore ships them so you feel sad when the end comes.
Gold: 2.70
Apr 24 2018 06:35pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 24 2018 11:56pm)
It's a very bittersweet show, but obviously she can't put her life on hold hoping satoru will come out of his coma. The show hardcore ships them so you feel sad when the end comes.

so true... when i watched that i felt so fucking salty and a sense of betrayal...

but at the same time.. i had a sense the show was gonna pull shit to make satoru and airi end up together

and when it happened.. i was like <_<

but i guess everyones becomes happy.....im still salty tho

This post was edited by Warlock316 on Apr 24 2018 06:37pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll