d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Official Venom Teaser
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.43
Apr 24 2018 07:37pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 24 2018 04:50pm)
That is a very shallow view of Eddie, and one that has never really been true. But even if you think that is how the character started, that hasn't been his character for a long time.

For a long time? We are about to see how it all started for Eddie Brock not where he might be 20 years later and who’ll he join later on,
My point is simple; No spider-man means no Venom. Why? Because Brock thinks Spider-man ruined his career, got him fired and later on divorced ( basically destroyed his life) and that’s the only motive for obsessive hatred he has towards Parker and will do anything to get his revenge. Therefore symbiote picked Brock as a perfect fit.

Since for whatever reason there’s no Spider-man in this movie (hope I’m wrong) we are getting something completely made up and from what can be seen in a trailer I’m not impressed one bit. But like I said I’m very excited nonetheless and hope it turns out great.

This post was edited by The_Outsider on Apr 24 2018 07:56pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 24 2018 07:54pm
Quote (The_Outsider @ Apr 24 2018 06:37pm)
Shallow view? Brock thinks Spider-man ruined his career, got him fired and later on divorced ( basically destroyed his life) and that’s the only motive for obsessive hatred he has towards Parker and will do anything to get his revenge.
But if you prefer the version that can be seen from the trailer that’s great but seems way unoriginal, repetitive and boring imo. Hope I’m wrong.

It is funny that you say them taking the character in a different direction origin wise is "unoriginal" and "repetitive" and complain that they don't use the predetermined 'original' origin that we have seen repeated a bunch of times.

Either way, before Eddie got into shit with Peter he was basically a good person, and he eventually got over his shit with Peter and moved on... Yet Peter still treats him like a villian.

Also I'm not sure we are seeing his actual origin in the trailer. It seems cut strangely out of order. Like the scene where he is in the grocery store, which makes you think that girl is the one that puts him on the trail of getting the symbiote...but he says "we" have a lot of practice hiding or whatever... "we" is something that should only start once he has the symbiote.
Apr 24 2018 08:03pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 24 2018 08:54pm)
It is funny that you say them taking the character in a different direction origin wise is "unoriginal" and "repetitive" and complain that they don't use the predetermined 'original' origin that we have seen repeated a bunch of times.

I ment honest small-time journalist bravely taking on big evil company.
Gold: 797.69
Apr 25 2018 08:41am
i agree that in the beginning brock was kind of agressive but he was not a bad guy he made peace with his demons n then was more friendly

but i agree that in the trailer he seems to much of a nice guy but if spidey is not around, sure he have no real reason to be mad

btw the suits looks awesome

i hope it makes enough for a sequel with CARNAGE :D
Gold: 32,161.71
May 3 2018 06:53am
CGI reminds me of spawn tbh
May 3 2018 12:35pm
Must say fan made looks way better imo

Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 3 2018 04:20pm
Quote (The_Outsider @ May 3 2018 11:35am)

Fan-made shit like this is ALWAYS going to look better.... They take what we're given (after these people work their asses off designing and getting it right), and then add some small variants to make it look a bit better and then talk shit like "Omgggg, it's so easy, the fans can do it". Would love to see whoever did this make something from scratch pre this design coming out, and then make it work in a movie setting vs a single still. They fuck up allllll the time on character design and stuff, but this doesn't seem like one of those times. This Venom looks pretty solid, and people need to chill it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 3 2018 04:25pm
Gold: 10,025.00
May 3 2018 04:54pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 3 2018 03:20pm)
Fan-made shit like this is ALWAYS going to look better.... They take what we're given (after these people work their asses off designing and getting it right), and then add some small variants to make it look a bit better and then talk shit like "Omgggg, it's so easy, the fans can do it". Would love to see whoever did this make something from scratch pre this design coming out, and then make it work in a movie setting vs a single still. They fuck up allllll the time on character design and stuff, but this doesn't seem like one of those times. This Venom looks pretty solid, and people need to chill it.

Honestly, photoshopping an image vs actual digital design for cgi are such vastly different things. Idk why people always compare shit like this.

And other than the eyes, the fan made one looks like shit. The colour and lighting imbalance is really distracting.

E: not to mention venoms design, like those eyes and the spider symbol on his chest are inspired by Spiderman. Without Spiderman being involved in his creation they can't exactly go with the same design.

This post was edited by Blah58 on May 3 2018 05:00pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 3 2018 05:22pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 3 2018 03:54pm)
Honestly, photoshopping an image vs actual digital design for cgi are such vastly different things. Idk why people always compare shit like this.

And other than the eyes, the fan made one looks like shit. The colour and lighting imbalance is really distracting.

E: not to mention venoms design, like those eyes and the spider symbol on his chest are inspired by Spiderman. Without Spiderman being involved in his creation they can't exactly go with the same design.

At least someone gets it lol.
May 3 2018 05:39pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 3 2018 05:20pm)

Who needs to chill? Did you just get upset over a fan made photo?

I think some dude just made some photoshop (or whatever software) re-arrangements for fun and posted it online to see what other people think.
Nobody’s denying that cgi film crew did a great job designing the costume and everything, it’s their (extremely well paid) job after all.
it’s just as soon as I’ve seen those enhanced eyes and more drool added I instantly thought it looks kinda cool and fits the overall costume better.

Quote (Blah58 @ May 3 2018 05:54pm)
Honestly, photoshopping an image vs actual digital design for cgi are such vastly different things.

Thanks for clearing that out.

Quote (Blah58 @ May 3 2018 05:54pm)
Idk why people always compare shit like this.

Ermmm for fun? You look at two photos and express your opinion. You don’t have to if you have beliefs that it’s stupid or pointless.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll