d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Dog Meat Discussion > Is Dogmeat Socially Acceptable
Prev1232425262757Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 10 2018 09:13pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ 6 Apr 2018 22:37)
It’s an animal. I’ve never understood how people are fine with eating beef, lamb, chicken, deer, etc., but god forbid someone eat a cat or a dog. Seriously what the fuck is the difference?

I go the other way with it. I'm morally opposed to eating a dog, but then I question why I am okay with eating a cow.

Sure, one is considered a pet and one is not. There's also social convention and cultural factors. On the other hand, both animals are mammals with basic emotional capabilities.

It appears to me that we have some sort sliding scale intelligence test that we indirectly use in determining which animals we can or cannot eat. Monkey, dog, or dolphin? Too smart to eat. Cows? Generally yes, but perhaps more gray. Chicken or fish? We eatin' dat shit.

I'd argue that mammals are so similar to one another that perhaps we should decide whether it should be morally acceptable to eat them or not. I think it probably isn't, but burgers and bacon just taste so damn good. I really struggle with this.
Gold: 90.58
Jul 10 2018 09:28pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 10 2018 07:13pm)
I go the other way with it. I'm morally opposed to eating a dog, but then I question why I am okay with eating a cow.

Sure, one is considered a pet and one is not. There's also social convention and cultural factors. On the other hand, both animals are mammals with basic emotional capabilities.

It appears to me that we have some sort sliding scale intelligence test that we indirectly use in determining which animals we can or cannot eat. Monkey, dog, or dolphin? Too smart to eat. Cows? Generally yes, but perhaps more gray. Chicken or fish? We eatin' dat shit.

I'd argue that mammals are so similar to one another that perhaps we should decide whether it should be morally acceptable to eat them or not. I think it probably isn't, but burgers and bacon just taste so damn good. I really struggle with this.

I agree. Just to add, my aunt used to be a cattle judge at the King County fair. I got to help her with the cow showings (cleaning manure, feeding, etc). These cows were fucking glorified beyond just a pet. Emotional attachment from the Judges and the owners were very real.

Ironically, when we visited her during Holiday Events for dinner, she'd cook beef. And it was damn good. Cow photos all over the house with her "famous cows" she showed when she was younger, etc. I never really said anything at the time, but now looking back I always found that a bit odd lol

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 10 2018 09:33pm
Gold: 127,000.00
Jul 22 2018 09:19am
bump for the 100 vote
Gold: 0.01
Jul 22 2018 09:40am
Gold: 285.00
Jul 22 2018 09:47am
Yo on Dateline the other night they showed hate crimes
Gave a blood time 'cause he fought with his K9
Beastiality, humane society
Go to China see how they dine, see what they eat
Better yet asks PETA whoever what animal makes suede
If not for suede would you survive the Dark Ages?
Cannibal ways of the anti-caucasians
Slay ya like a steak tartar on pinot noir

Nas - You Can't Stop Us Now

It is strange to me that there are humans in prison for making dogs and chickens fight when wealthy people run the equivalent of Nazi death camps for chickens, cows, and pigs, all over the United States.

In China there is a dog-eating festival where they beat the dogs to death with sticks because they taste better when they die in fear and the meat is more tender if you bruise the shit out of it while it is alive.

Just shows that humans are the worse species of animal that has evolved on this planet. Humans are the most careless defecators in the planet.

Do you think it is wrong? It doesn't matter; there is still going to be roadkill.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 22 2018 09:48am
Jul 22 2018 09:48am
Quote (Skinned @ 23 Jul 2018 01:47)
It is strange to me that there are humans in prison for making dogs and chickens fight when wealthy people run the equivalent of Nazi death camps for chickens, cows, and pigs, all over the United States.

In China there is a dog-eating festival where they beat the dogs to death with sticks because they taste better when they die in fear and the meat is more tender if you bruise the shit out of it while it is alive.

Just shows that humans are the worse species of animal that has evolved on this planet. Humans are the most careless defecators in the planet.

hate to break it to u buddy but there no evolution up in here

god created man and animals whether u like it or not
Gold: 285.00
Jul 22 2018 10:03am
Quote (dos350 @ Jul 22 2018 10:48am)
hate to break it to u buddy but there no evolution up in here

god created man and animals whether u like it or not

Lol

And a dude made a big ass boat and capture a male and female animal of every species and survived a world flood mixing all fresh and salt water into one giant ocean planet and then a giant waterfall poured off into space and continents appeared again and all the world's animals are a result of that one man's bold eugenic's program.

There is the creation museum nearby here. Shits hilarious. It is like collective gas lighting. It is funny because almost all severely schizophrenic people are religiously preoccupied and believe all those children's stories like they're literal truth. Like if you were some poor angel tasked with explaining the miracle of creation and slow process of evolution to a group of misogynistic and ignorant goat herders you probably wouldn't describe an amoeba as the first life form to emerge from primordial soup and through the known process of meiosis it procreated an identical twin from a piece of itself to spread its own genetics. You would probably tell the ignorant fools that there was this dude, and god took his toe, and a female grew from that, and they got busy and made a family, and their kids all fucked each other until there were cousins to all fuck each other until eventually there is all this genetic diversity you see all over the world today.

Honestly your explanation is really weird and perverted. Probably a projection of your inner psyche sister-cousin lust.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 22 2018 10:05am
Gold: 1,495.80
Jul 22 2018 11:52am
There should be no restrictions on what people are allowed to eat

Including other humans
Jul 29 2018 01:17pm
πŸ•πŸ₯©πŸ”₯πŸ΄βœ…πŸ‘ŒπŸΏ
Gold: 107.77
Jul 29 2018 03:54pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 22 2018 11:03am)
Lol

And a dude made a big ass boat and capture a male and female animal of every species and survived a world flood mixing all fresh and salt water into one giant ocean planet and then a giant waterfall poured off into space and continents appeared again and all the world's animals are a result of that one man's bold eugenic's program.

There is the creation museum nearby here. Shits hilarious. It is like collective gas lighting. It is funny because almost all severely schizophrenic people are religiously preoccupied and believe all those children's stories like they're literal truth. Like if you were some poor angel tasked with explaining the miracle of creation and slow process of evolution to a group of misogynistic and ignorant goat herders you probably wouldn't describe an amoeba as the first life form to emerge from primordial soup and through the known process of meiosis it procreated an identical twin from a piece of itself to spread its own genetics. You would probably tell the ignorant fools that there was this dude, and god took his toe, and a female grew from that, and they got busy and made a family, and their kids all fucked each other until there were cousins to all fuck each other until eventually there is all this genetic diversity you see all over the world today.

Honestly your explanation is really weird and perverted. Probably a projection of your inner psyche sister-cousin lust.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1232425262757Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll