d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Level 21 Duels
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 215.80
Oct 15 2017 01:03pm
Quote (bonnerf2 @ Oct 15 2017 10:27am)
Rogues bow on melee as a counter to chargers?

use ur rouges KO>
Gold: 109.50
Oct 15 2017 10:00pm
Quote (VTMatt4960 @ 15 Oct 2017 09:35)
with 2k+ life on a shifter, you can still take several charges without a problem. The list of other weapons with reasonable attack speed is short, and imo, falls short of rogues. Composite Bow is a [-10] base, with 50% IAS, you're not hitting the same IAS breakpoints with any other viable weapon at 21. Additionally, maulers at 21 don't have another source of DS, rogues adds 30%.

A 2h build to counter chargers is counter-intuitive, but Rogues fits the bill perfectly for a mauler with its high attack speed+crit, and its one of the few builds which can take a couple charges without a shield.

I'm not theorycrafting, I've made the build several times :P

Wouldnt Khalim flail be better? You lose the 30 DS but you gain some dmg from shield sockets and ofc you would get the 75 block..

I can see the bow thing kind of working against a shitty 2 handed charger who doesn't know how to play.. but any 1 handed charger (or two handed who knows how to play) would be in and out 3-4 times max and you would be dead without doing more than a hundred damage to him. But to be fair, that would happen to a mauler whether he used a shield or not, just as long as the charger isn't really bad.
Gold: 12,708.89
Oct 15 2017 10:12pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Oct 15 2017 11:00pm)
Wouldnt Khalim flail be better? You lose the 30 DS but you gain some dmg from shield sockets and ofc you would get the 75 block..

I can see the bow thing kind of working against a shitty 2 handed charger who doesn't know how to play.. but any 1 handed charger (or two handed who knows how to play) would be in and out 3-4 times max and you would be dead without doing more than a hundred damage to him. But to be fair, that would happen to a mauler whether he used a shield or not, just as long as the charger isn't really bad.

It's the second best option imo, for the speed alone. You do gain 1-2 sockets overall from the shield (2os rare or 3os white shield, minus 1 because Khalims itself can't be socketed and rogues can). Still looking at a pretty significant damage loss trading 30% DS for those extra jewels though.

I think the main difference however is HC vs SC, in the fact that juvs are fine in HC, and you get crucified for them in SC, because ofc you're right, a SC charger will just hit & run whittle you down while you lumber after them. In HC, chargers can't KO it, and the damage with fully charged maul and a couple DS rolls is usually plenty to catch them off guard. I've made the build probably 4-5x, have yet to get one RIP'd :o
Oct 15 2017 10:18pm
Quote (VTMatt4960 @ 15 Oct 2017 22:12)
It's the second best option imo, for the speed alone. You do gain 1-2 sockets overall from the shield (2os rare or 3os white shield, minus 1 because Khalims itself can't be socketed and rogues can). Still looking at a pretty significant damage loss trading 30% DS for those extra jewels though.

I think the main difference however is HC vs SC, in the fact that juvs are fine in HC, and you get crucified for them in SC, because ofc you're right, a SC charger will just hit & run whittle you down while you lumber after them. In HC, chargers can't KO it, and the damage with fully charged maul and a couple DS rolls is usually plenty to catch them off guard. I've made the build probably 4-5x, have yet to get one RIP'd :o

I have no experience in dueling with rejuvs so I can't say much. But I suppose at that point the duel is literally who runs out of juvs first. Because the charger can juv just the same as you can...

I still think the charger should win every duel. If it were me I would charge in and out, you would for sure need to take one of your juvs every 1-2 times I charged.. whereas since you do less damage, charger would have a shield, plus a good charger would be hit a maximum of one time by you each time he came in for a charge... I would only need to take a juv like... once per minute max. You would run out of juvs before a good charger, that much is for certain, so the more I think about it, the more I think juvs put it even further into the charger's favour. You can't rely on re-shift to stay alive either because once you hit 1 life they will just smite

e/ in HC do you just go to town when you run out of juvs? ..

This post was edited by Belarathon on Oct 15 2017 10:19pm
Gold: 2.00
Oct 16 2017 03:51am
Fyi,
The char iam traying to build is a melee Sin (level 21)
I thought it could be viable.
I aim for level 21 because of :
1- charms
2- claws
3 - +3 skills

Thats about it.
I use tonplay level 30 duels 10 years ago.
But i just came back 2 weeks ago.
Ive seen bugged rw in level 30 duel wich tells me its just like
high level duels now; everybody approx same gear.

Ive also seen level 49 lld. Whats up with that?
Can you guys put light on where the competition is at?
I dont like chargers faggot aswell.
I want to get a skilled lld competition with cool (why not good) gear.

Thanks for your comments so far!

This post was edited by QcCOrado on Oct 16 2017 03:52am
Oct 16 2017 05:24am
Quote (QcCOrado @ 16 Oct 2017 03:51)
Fyi,
The char iam traying to build is a melee Sin (level 21)
I thought it could be viable.
I aim for level 21 because of :
1- charms
2- claws
3 - +3 skills

Thats about it.
I use tonplay level 30 duels 10 years ago.
But i just came back 2 weeks ago.
Ive seen bugged rw in level 30 duel wich tells me its just like
high level duels now; everybody approx same gear.

Thanks for your comments so far!

level 30 is still the best lld dueling, just as long as you can get a legit group of friends who enjoy playing together without the bugged runewords or BM items. Sadly, all ladder player are noobs and little bitches so you likely won't find what you are looking for there.
Gold: 5,495.69
Oct 16 2017 06:19am
Quote (QcCOrado @ Oct 16 2017 10:51am)

!

Lvl 18 is nice for fun duels. If you get a 3v3 or 4v4 with a mix of chars it can be entertaining, but more often than not its just chargers and bowas. If you want to play 18s stick to Eu Nl.

30s sounds like more what you are after. Plenty of duels on Eu Nl and East Nl at the moment. A lot of players have access to chars on both realms nowadays so play wherever your ping is best.

lvl 49 (MLD) - I started off on mld and found it a very steep learning curve. Very high damage to life ratio. Play EUNL if you fancy this, although its quieter than 30s at the moment.
Oct 16 2017 06:23am
Quote (bonnerf2 @ 16 Oct 2017 06:19)
Lvl 18 is nice for fun duels. If you get a 3v3 or 4v4 with a mix of chars it can be entertaining, but more often than not its just chargers and bowas. If you want to play 18s stick to Eu Nl.

30s sounds like more what you are after. Plenty of duels on Eu Nl and East Nl at the moment. A lot of players have access to chars on both realms nowadays so play wherever your ping is best.

lvl 49 (MLD) - I started off on mld and found it a very steep learning curve. Very high damage to life ratio. Play EUNL if you fancy this, although its quieter than 30s at the moment.

You forgot to mention that ladder players are Jerrys and NL players are Ricks. Newly converted lad-->NL players can be Mortys
Gold: 5,495.69
Oct 16 2017 06:41am
Quote (Belarathon @ Oct 16 2017 01:23pm)
You forgot to mention that ladder players are Jerrys and NL players are Ricks. Newly converted lad-->NL players can be Mortys

I don't speak Canadian.
Oct 16 2017 06:45am
Quote (bonnerf2 @ 16 Oct 2017 06:41)
I don't speak Canadian.

I'm sad that you didn't get the reference! Sad in the "I feel bad for you" sense. But it's alright! Life goes on. Time to get back to single player.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic