d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Front Parking Camera?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Aug 31 2017 04:55pm
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Aug 31 2017 03:44pm)
z34
Focus RS
Golf R
BRZ/FRS
WRX

All cars that are in the same price range, are objectively better, and don't have a shitty bowtie on the front lol

Also, buying new is stupid.
Not an investment, waste of money. Buy 2 years old and save 30%.

The z34 is nice I considered it. It's not better, nor is it worse.

The Focus RS starts at over $48,000, that's 18,000 more... idk what you're thinking. It's also a hatchback... looks are questionable. Also a 4 cyl turbo sounds whiney, V6 sounds nice.

The golf R looks like shit and starts at 40,500. Again what r u thinking.

The BRZ was a consideration for all of two seconds. It looks like a suped up 20 year old Honda, and its engine is underwhelming. Not a bad car though depending on expectations. 7.4 second 0-60 is slow.

The Subaru wrx is another turbo engine, 4 cyl, ugly hatchback, lower horsepower, torque curve isn't great. 0-60 is good at 5 seconds but out of a turbo you don't get the same feeling, torque kicks in too late if you're accelerating 0-30 miles per hour.

I'm beginning to think you have no idea what the 6th gen v6 Camaro has in terms of specs and actual performance and feel. I didn't test drive any of the cars you listed, but I did look at the z34 in person as that was the only consideration out of what you listed.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 31 2017 04:57pm
Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Aug 31 2017 05:03pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 31 2017 05:55pm)

The Focus RS starts at over $48,000, that's 18,000 more... idk what you're thinking. It's also a hatchback... looks are questionable. Also a 4 cyl turbo sounds whiney, V6 sounds nice.

The BRZ was a consideration for all of two seconds. It looks like a suped up 20 year old Honda, and its engine is underwhelming. Not a bad car though depending on expectations. 7.4 second 0-60 is slow.

The Subaru wrx is another turbo engine, 4 cyl, ugly hatchback, lower horsepower, torque curve isn't great. 0-60 is good at 5 seconds but out of a turbo you don't get the same feeling, torque kicks in too late if you're accelerating 0-30 miles per hour.

I'm beginning to think you have no idea what the 6th gen v6 Camaro has in terms of specs and actual performance and feel. I didn't test drive any of the cars you listed, but I did look at the z34 in person as that was the only consideration out of what you listed.

The Canadian dollar is fucked.

Also notice how each and every one of your reasonings is an opinion?
Nothing wrong with an opinion, you just said "show me a new car"

And I did, and now you're just throwing excuses out there on why they're not the one.

The Camaro was far from your only option, and that's how you're making it sound.

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. haha

This post was edited by CuttingEdge on Aug 31 2017 05:05pm
Gold: 1,337,200.00
Aug 31 2017 05:05pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 31 2017 05:55pm)

:wacko:
Aug 31 2017 05:07pm
And I also laughed my fucking ass off at
"I'm beginning to think you have no idea what the 6th gen v6 Camaro has in terms of specs and actual performance and feel."

IMMEDIATELY followed by
"I didn't test drive any of the cars you listed"
Aug 31 2017 05:14pm
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Aug 31 2017 04:03pm)
The Canadian dollar is fucked.

Also notice how each and every one of your reasonings is an opinion?
Nothing wrong with an opinion, you just said "show me a new car"

And I did, and now you're just throwing excuses out there on why they're not the one.

The Camaro was far from your only option, and that's how you're making it sound.

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. haha

No, I didn't say "show me a new car". I said show me a comparable new car at the 30k price point. Half the cars you shows me were at a higher price point, and only one car was really comparable at the price point.

Quote (CuttingEdge @ Aug 31 2017 04:07pm)
And I also laughed my fucking ass off at
"I'm beginning to think you have no idea what the 6th gen v6 Camaro has in terms of specs and actual performance and feel."

IMMEDIATELY followed by
"I didn't test drive any of the cars you listed"

Fair enough. But the point is I'm hearing "the v6 Camaro isn't great value for the dollar", and I'm being thrown a list of every car under the sun that is apparently better than it? Not so sure about that.

You'd be surprised trying the car out. My dad is shopping around for a car in the 50-60 range, and he loves mine -- he wouldn't buy the Camaro though, not his aesthetic preference, and not enough seating or storage. Point being, cars he's looking at, at twice the price, aren't wowing him any more in terms of handling -- some have more torque and hp and are more impressive that way, but he's looking at v6 stuff, tesla 3, not v8+ and turbo stuff.

No, I'm not saying I got more for my money than I paid.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 31 2017 05:19pm
Aug 31 2017 07:47pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 31 2017 06:14pm)
No, I didn't say "show me a new car". I said show me a comparable new car at the 30k price point. Half the cars you shows me were at a higher price point, and only one car was really comparable at the price point.

Fair enough. But the point is I'm hearing "the v6 Camaro isn't great value for the dollar", and I'm being thrown a list of every car under the sun that is apparently better than it? Not so sure about that.

You'd be surprised trying the car out. My dad is shopping around for a car in the 50-60 range, and he loves mine -- he wouldn't buy the Camaro though, not his aesthetic preference, and not enough seating or storage. Point being, cars he's looking at, at twice the price, aren't wowing him any more in terms of handling -- some have more torque and hp and are more impressive that way, but he's looking at v6 stuff, tesla 3, not v8+ and turbo stuff.

No, I'm not saying I got more for my money than I paid.

I've driven new v6 camaros, and the LS v8.

And while it's not a bad car, it's nothing like what you're describing.
Aug 31 2017 07:58pm
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Aug 31 2017 06:47pm)
I've driven new v6 camaros, and the LS v8.

And while it's not a bad car, it's nothing like what you're describing.

You get past the shitty electronic gas pedal? Have to compensate for that to get proper response.

Idk, I really enjoy the car. Reviews corroborate how impressive it is at its price. Yes, other stuff exists. Nissan is a great competitor, except no back seats which is worse than two shitty backseats. The v6 2017 mustang isn't bad, probably more desirable if I went manual.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 7 2017 05:41am
well for starters congrats on your new boat!
after around 15,000 miles of driving you will get use to it, i got use to it in my low ass miata.
for the love of god though dont try to race your stock car, it probably wont even be able to take on a 1.4L Built engine.
and finally the last thing i can tell ya is, if you hurt your care who cares? you can always fix it and always make it beautiful again! thats the sweet thing about owning a ride is there fixable!
Sep 7 2017 10:49am
Quote (oFrost @ Sep 7 2017 04:41am)
well for starters congrats on your new boat!
after around 15,000 miles of driving you will get use to it, i got use to it in my low ass miata.
for the love of god though dont try to race your stock car, it probably wont even be able to take on a 1.4L Built engine.
and finally the last thing i can tell ya is, if you hurt your care who cares? you can always fix it and always make it beautiful again! thats the sweet thing about owning a ride is there fixable!

Yeah still getting used to it that's for sure.

Only weird finicky thing is downshifting to gear 2 on this 8-speed automatic. I can't use gear 2 to break, only to accelerate. When I switch to gear 2 if I'm slowing down it'll jerk the car (only if I'm not already in gear 2, otherwise if I stay in gear 2 I can use it to break).

I am not into racing. If I were, I'd have saved my pennies and looked to the 1SS v8 Camaro, and done aftermarket work to it. I'm not into racing at all though.

Granted, a 5.1 second 0-60 is nothing to scoff at: 335HP with 284 lb-ft torque (and a fairly even torque curve across the rpm range)... that's pretty good. The torque isn't 1:1 with hp like some more expensive v6 engines, but considering what I paid, it's a ton of fun.

Wish my backseats were usable for adults though. Shame on Chevy, they could've added 4 inches of headroom easily without compromising aesthetics, that's the big issue. Sure if the backseats can't seat someone 6 feet tall and over, whatever, but 5'11" and down should be accomodated as a minimum.
Gold: 484.02
Sep 7 2017 05:22pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Sep 7 2017 11:49am)
Yeah still getting used to it that's for sure.

Only weird finicky thing is downshifting to gear 2 on this 8-speed automatic. I can't use gear 2 to break, only to accelerate. When I switch to gear 2 if I'm slowing down it'll jerk the car (only if I'm not already in gear 2, otherwise if I stay in gear 2 I can use it to break).

I am not into racing. If I were, I'd have saved my pennies and looked to the 1SS v8 Camaro, and done aftermarket work to it. I'm not into racing at all though.

Granted, a 5.1 second 0-60 is nothing to scoff at: 335HP with 284 lb-ft torque (and a fairly even torque curve across the rpm range)... that's pretty good. The torque isn't 1:1 with hp like some more expensive v6 engines, but considering what I paid, it's a ton of fun.

Wish my backseats were usable for adults though. Shame on Chevy, they could've added 4 inches of headroom easily without compromising aesthetics, that's the big issue. Sure if the backseats can't seat someone 6 feet tall and over, whatever, but 5'11" and down should be accomodated as a minimum.

Leave the mother fucker in D.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll