d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Front Parking Camera?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,535.00
Aug 22 2017 11:36am
if you need a camera to park, you shouldnt be driving
Gold: 125.00
Aug 22 2017 01:16pm
Quote (KoJ @ Aug 22 2017 10:36am)

Yeah well, I'm getting used to the car, and I like features that I don't need. I don't need CarPlay by USB for music, can connect a 3.5mm cable or use Bluetooth to play music that way. I don't need tire pressure sensors, I can check that manually. I don't need an automatic, manual would be just fine and more fun half the time. I don't need a fun fast car.

Right now I'm still really nervous taking a right when the curb is close and abrupt. Example, turning into parking lot off of street. A car is waiting to leave the parking lot, blocking ability to take a wide turn. My car comes so close to scraping the side against the curb on the turn it's sweat inducing. This car is longer than my previous one, plus lower, plus the front is proportionately longer as well. A truck is easy to drive, so are many other cars and suv's, but this Camaro requires a little getting used to when it comes to driving close to dividers/concrete stuff/parked cars.

Same thing with parking. Sometimes I start parking and forget to check where the concrete stopper is. It comes out of view, so I have to back up to see where it is again. Or I get to work and I want to park quickly, and I can be a bit tired and one little oops bump might mean a crack, scrape, dint.

Yeah I don't need it. Just figured a setup might be nice.

I see there's a front and back license plate gofundme project for a sensor that connects to your phone. Looks like it never launched. But something wireless like that would be cool -- aftermarket and cheap, but reliable (reliable and cheap don't go together in most cases).

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Aug 22 2017 01:18pm
Aug 22 2017 01:19pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 22 2017 12:16pm)
Yeah well, I'm getting used to the car, and I like features that I don't need. I don't need CarPlay by USB for music, can connect a 3.5mm cable or use Bluetooth to play music that way. I don't need tire pressure sensors, I can check that manually. I don't need an automatic, manual would be just fine and more fun half the time. I don't need a fun fast car.

Right now I'm still really nervous taking a right when the curb is close and abrupt. Example, turning into parking lot off of street. A car is waiting to leave the parking lot, blocking ability to take a wide turn. Car comes so close to scraping the side against the curb on the turn it's sweat inducing.

Same thing with parking. Sometimes I start parking and forget to check where the concrete stopper is. It comes out of view, so I have to back up to see where it is again. Or I get to work and I want to park quickly, and I can be a bit tired and one little oops bump might mean a crack, scrape, dint.

Yeah I don't need it. Just figured a setup might be nice.

I see there's a front and back license plate gofundme project for a sensor that connects to your phone. Looks like it never launched. But something wireless like that would be cool -- aftermarket and cheap, but reliable (reliable and cheap don't go together in most cases).

Gold: 125.00
Aug 22 2017 01:28pm
Quote (KoJ @ Aug 22 2017 12:19pm)

Hey I don't like standing and holding a baby. I know I'm not going to drop it, but I don't like the thought of messing up.

My car is my most expensive tangible possession currently. I don't make enough bank to be able to say "oh well I'll get it fixed" or "if insurance doesn't cover me in full I'll just get a new one." Yeah I've never been in an accident in my ten years of driving. Yeah, I have scraped my old car parking in a rush for an exam 7 years ago. Yeah I have bumped a couple cars parallel parking, not leaving any damage as it was 0.1km/h parking speed. Yeah I need to get better at visualizing where my car is when I get into tight spaces.
Gold: 103.00
Aug 22 2017 03:07pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Aug 22 2017 03:28pm)
Hey I don't like standing and holding a baby. I know I'm not going to drop it, but I don't like the thought of messing up.

My car is my most expensive tangible possession currently. I don't make enough bank to be able to say "oh well I'll get it fixed" or "if insurance doesn't cover me in full I'll just get a new one." Yeah I've never been in an accident in my ten years of driving. Yeah, I have scraped my old car parking in a rush for an exam 7 years ago. Yeah I have bumped a couple cars parallel parking, not leaving any damage as it was 0.1km/h parking speed. Yeah I need to get better at visualizing where my car is when I get into tight spaces.

you'll get used to it, I think you're overreacting right now

or like I previously said, park in reverse
Gold: 13,003.50
Aug 22 2017 08:29pm
Quote (KoJ @ Aug 22 2017 12:36pm)

A lot of people that drive shouldn't be driving...

Wanting a little extra insurance that you dont bump a curb doesnt mean you cant drive. Not everyone is driving the same shaped car or is the same height and has the same visibility.
Id much rather glance at a camera each time I park than accidentally crack a carbon fiber bumper and have to deal with that. Plus if you have spent your entire life driving SUVs or something its not exactly something you are trained to think about.
Aug 22 2017 08:37pm
i will put my bumper under the guy in front of me at 90 mph through the corner on a rutted up hammer down dirt track and never touch him i dont need a bumper camera

also i wouldnt be street driving anything id worry about the bumper getting smashed up on, just not my style

car control baby....
Gold: 116.08
Aug 24 2017 02:51pm
Quote (KoJ @ Aug 22 2017 01:36pm)

this
Gold: 1,630.00
Aug 27 2017 10:48pm
Quote (KoJ @ Aug 22 2017 10:36am)

Its not about not being able to park , Its just to enhance features, and also im sure the angle gauge, and the AUTO break when your going to hit something. But , I agree, If anyone rely's on that screen and camera to back up .... Then start learning the basics firsts,
Gold: 6.66
Aug 29 2017 06:48am
put a after market back up camara in the front grill
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll