d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > New Sin Build Vs All > Out Of The Meta
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Apr 18 2017 03:14pm
Here is something that started as a joke.
It turned out to be quite powerful... against any class
I wanted a fun character, able to be played as a caster and as a melee with gear switch.
I first built it with very cheap gear, to realize that I was winning so easily vs even the best high end unlimited budget classes.
Take some time to read, it will all make sense at the end ;)

Class : Sin

STR : Enough for gear
DEX : Max block
VITA : All
ENE : None

Skills :
20 Claw Mastery / Shadow Master / Venom
17 Fade (reach lvl50 with prebuff for 50% DR)
13 MB (reach max stun duration with Caster Gear)
Remaining points in Blade Shield (up to 11 at lvl99)

Prebuff Gear

+3 SD amy
+3 SD magic circ, 2os -> 2x +5/-x psn facet
Bramble +50%
Trang gloves (already equiped in caster form)
2x magic claws +3 SD (bonus for +x to venom, shadow master, blade shield, fade) 2os -> 2x +5/-x psn facet
2x soj/bk
Arach (already equiped in caster form)
+2 SD Shadowdancer (already equiped in caster form)
9x SD skill Gcs (alreadry equiped in both forms)
Rand Spirit Mon
6bo Cta
Demonlimb
Rand Beast (used to transform in bear with melee form setup)

This prebuff will allow you to reach 3.5k venom dmg, and up to lvl 59 shadow master
The shadow master base skills lvl = SM lvl divided by 2, +1
So your SM has a base lvl 30 to all skills (base skill means his synergies are very high), without his high ilvl rare gear
With Fade on, your SM is 100% immune to elemental dmg (which is nice since you use this setup vs casters)
SM's dex and str = his skill lvl *10 -> Your SM has 590 base str and dex, both enhancing (A LOT) his kicks and melee attacks
At this lvl, your SM becomes a killing machine. His traps are as strong as a real trapper, his melee form with kicks/bladeshield/high venom deliver devastating blows (often 1-hit-kills casters), his assistance with farcast MB helps a lot.

Caster Form / Master of Shadows

Weapon : Hoto 40res
Armor : Enigma
Helm : 2sin, 20fcr rare circ (bonus for res, life, 2os, str, dex)
Shield : 35fcr Spirit Mon
Rings : 2x 10fcr rings (bonus for res, life, str, dex, life rep)
Amy : 19+ fcr 2sin crafted caster amy (bonus for res, life, str, dex, life rep)
Belt : Arach
Boots : Shadowdancer +2 SD
Gloves : Trang's

Notes :
This build allow you to reach 174% fcr (max), while also focusing on defensive stats.
That was originaly designed to easily achieve a 100% win rate in caster vs caster duel.
You're basically a tank with max fcr, and all you need to do is stun lock your opponent with a flurry of mind blast (you can also use WoF like ghost sins).
Like I said above, your shadow master will explode any opponent, while also being a nice meat shield with 100% immunities

Tactics : Well, in most case you can simply chase them and they're dead once you MB.
Vs very good opponents abusing of weapon switch glitch, you can keep some distance, set WoF, let your shadow master farcast MB...
I havn't lost to anything yet (melee included) using that kind of defensive approach.

Melee Form / Shadow of the Beast

(Don't laugh until you see notes)

Mandatory Weapon : Magic Runic Talon with Artisan (3os) and Quickness (40ias) -> Put 3x Shael in it, nothing else (see notes)
Armor : Duress (great defensive stats, mostly used for high % chance of crushing blow and open wounds, 40%fhr)
Helm : Guillaum's shael'd (50%fhr, 35% CB)
Shield : Witstand's Guard (40% fbr is the breakpoint you need in bearform, 92% chance to block = less dex needed = more vita, +35 life partial set bonus with helm) -> socket it with Jah or Sol (you already have 50% DR with fade, -7dmg makes a huge difference vs WW, Zeal, Fury, and anything that is not a physical nuke like a full glass canon charger)
Rings/amy : Angelic set (1 raven frost if the enemy has any way to freeze you)
Belt : 2x Up'd Bladebuckle /or crafted blood belt with 24fhr, 10% OW, life, str
Boots : Gores (we need the extra OW and CB)
Gloves : Crafted 10% CB gloves (bonus for life, str, dex... ias is useless, you dont want knockback or any % chance to cast)

Notes :
There is a special IAS breakpoint the assassin can reach in bear form. The only way to reach it is using a -30 base speed claw (GT/Runic talon) with extra 100ias on weapon (not from gear).
The weapon listed above is the only way to reach this breakpoint.
This allow you to reach a 3 fpa, that's 8.33 attacks per second (much faster than the popular fireclaw druid with 6.25 attacks/sec)
Add an extra attack/sec with your bladeshield.
Your base physical dmg is irrelevant (around 50 per hit after pvp reduction).
But you have 75% chance of crushing blow, with 9.33 attacks per sec
The 1st 3/4 of your opponent's life should be gone in under a second, no matter how tanky he is.
You then have 43-53% chance of open wounds, as well as 3.5k venom dmg (see prebuff above), both constantly applied with so many hits delivered.
My average killing time is around 0.5 sec vs anything that is not a tank, and around 3 sec vs the most tanky char in the game.
Why is it so strong?
With 9.33 attacks per sec, any class in the game will be perma locked in either a block frame, a hit recovery, or a dodge (zons).
This build is entirely focused on defensive stats since all your dmg comes from prebuff/OW/CB, so not only you're a killing machine, but you easily reach 152% fhr, max block with high FBR, 50% DR and -dmg, very high defence and 8K ++ life
Also builds using holy freeze and decrepify won't affect you since those only reduce ias form gear/skills, but not base weapon speed (which is all we are using here)

Tactic vs any melee : Click lock in and enjoy a 100% win rate. (and it's just a question of positioning vs WW)

Inventory in both forms is obviously the highest torch/anni you can get your hands on, and 10x 20life/5res scs or mods like fhr if you need more to reach your breakpoints
You keep the 9x shadow gcs in both form and for prebuff

Pros :
Both forms are very fun to play
Can be built with under 2k fgs budget and still easily win vs 20k++ fgs builds
Very fun to surprise your opponents in a BO5 with a sudden switch from one form to an other between duels
All prebuffs and switch of forms can be done instantly if you script it, from a single click
6.25 attacks/sec on a bear druid already looks bugged, but it's nothing compared to 8.33 (looks like you're tea bagging your ennemies while they can't move XD)

Cons :
If you enjoy loosing, you'll be sad

This post was edited by DayAsNight on Apr 18 2017 03:36pm
Gold: 5,338.88
Apr 18 2017 03:56pm
sounds interesting. do you have any pvp videos? I'd like to see your bear sin in action!
Gold: 8.73
Apr 18 2017 03:57pm
Can you explain how you kill people with no offensive or defensive strengths?

Edited.

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Apr 18 2017 03:59pm
Apr 18 2017 04:06pm
To clarify my question:

Your first form deals no damage at all, your second form is a non-tele range 1 melee with low ar and only 20% frw. Your physical damage is zero and once the mindblast wears off you have close to 0% chance to cause hit recovery since you do no damage.

Any opponent can just wait a short time for either your bearform or your battle orders to wear off since it doesn't look like you carry both sticks on you at the same time. Then you're either a 3k life mindblaster with no fcr or a 3k life bear with no movespeed.

And before you throw out the reply this subforum loves so much, I have tried the build.
Apr 18 2017 04:07pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Apr 18 2017 05:57pm)
Can you explain how you kill people with no offensive or defensive strengths?

Edited.

Bear form : 75% crushing blow with 9.33 attacks per sec, with a permanent open wound (quite potent in pvp, even more against very low hp opponents due to your CB) and 3.5k venom
No defensive strenght you say? Every single piece of gear is defensive. You don't need dmg reduction from gear, your prebuffed Fade gives you 50% DR already, so you can aim for life/fhr/fbr etc instead of loosing a lot of defensive stats for offensive and DR and stuff like that.

Caster form : Like I said, the dmg is your shadow master. He got lvl30 base to all skills (that's the equivalent of a trap sin with lvl 45 with +skills, since she gets much more synergy bonuses)
Her kicks and claws attacks are also just ridiculous with 590 base str and dex (both enhance the dmg from claws and kicks). She also often gets extra skills and nice stats from randomly generated gear according to her lvl.
Apr 18 2017 04:08pm
So how do you duel against, for example, a Necro?
Gold: 175.01
Apr 18 2017 04:12pm
hypothetically, couldn't someone equip a 3os/25 dr helm against your bearsin and become impossible to kill?
Apr 18 2017 04:12pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Apr 18 2017 06:06pm)
To clarify my question:

Your first form deals no damage at all, your second form is a non-tele range 1 melee with low ar and only 20% frw. Your physical damage is zero and once the mindblast wears off you have close to 0% chance to cause hit recovery since you do no damage.

Any opponent can just wait a short time for either your bearform or your battle orders to wear off since it doesn't look like you carry both sticks on you at the same time. Then you're either a 3k life mindblaster with no fcr or a 3k life bear with no movespeed.

And before you throw out the reply this subforum loves so much, I have tried the build.

Well, I can easily spot the lies here since if you had tried it you would realize that all your conclusions are wrong.

In caster form, you keep cta on you, so you just recast if they keep delaying the fight. If you think it deals no dmg, read my other post above. You have no reason to lose fcr mid fight, I think you don't understand, you're not switching gear mid fight... it's only an option between each duels...

And about your concerns of low frw on bear form, that's why this setup is only used in melee vs melee. Anything hard to catch you just use the other setup, it's that simple.
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Apr 18 2017 04:14pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ 19 Apr 2017 00:08)
So how do you duel against, for example, a Necro?

Shadow master :bonk:
Apr 18 2017 04:15pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Apr 18 2017 06:12pm)
hypothetically, couldn't someone equip a 3os/25 dr helm against your bearsin and become impossible to kill?

Not at all, like I said your base physical dmg is irrelevant... He can't reduce crushing blow, he can't reduce open wounds, and no matter how much you reduce venom, it's still enough to deliver the killing blow
A 8k life baba with max block, 95% psn res and -75% reduce psn lenght still dies under 4 sec
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll