d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > War With North Korea
Prev1678910199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Apr 16 2017 12:03pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 16 2017 08:08am)
It's still better to be in good terms with them, and a war in the korean peninsula would certainly ruin it.

I just don't see how the US would benefit from this. In fact I think they are better off having one of their biggest competitors in the technological industry threatened by NK. Even after the unfortunate exploding Samsung incident, the south korean industry is still very strong and in a good positon to threaten the american one. Imagine if SK had millions of north koreans working to make better cars, smart phones, tvs, etc, and could spend on further development and investigation much of the budget they now spend on defense.

I don't think it would ruin our relationship. China is getting pretty sick our NK's shenanigans.

North Koreans don't get education, they could only be used for manual labor. A million unskilled workers to farm fields maybe, but that's about it. They would never be used for technologically advanced jobs.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 16 2017 12:03pm
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 16 2017 12:16pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 16 Apr 2017 20:03)
I don't think it would ruin our relationship. China is getting pretty sick our NK's shenanigans.

North Koreans don't get education, they could only be used for manual labor. A million unskilled workers to farm fields maybe, but that's about it. They would never be used for technologically advanced jobs.

Cheap manual labour will greatly benefit SK's industry. And NKs do get education... much like in the USSR, the country is full of well prepared scientists and engineers that just don't have the means to be productive.

And China being sick is one thing, but them accepting to have another superpower like the US start a war with their nuclear powered neighbour is a completely different story. Not to mention that a more influential and powerful SK is something they don't want either.

Quote (ampoo @ 16 Apr 2017 17:56)
i am a big fan of the south korean development as well, but its not as easy
the german unification is the best example, we are still working on it and it has cost over 1 trillion
now compare that with north korea that is 100 times the shithole the former eastern german state was

i dont know how koreans think about it, but i would rather keep my hands away and go with the status quo
cant say i take north korea seriously, they wouldnt last a month in a serious confrontation

Well there are different proposals about Korean reunification, but in any case it will certainly not be caried out in the same way as in Germany. It's a different country and a different culture. There's also a compeltely different historical and political scenario (it's not the end of the Cold War and the priority isn't to emphasize on how capitalism beats communism) and there isn't a EU with it's regulations and standards (East Germany not only reunited with the West, but also with the EU).
Gold: 2.70
Apr 16 2017 12:18pm
war should just start!

my guns are getting restless
Gold: 253.00
Apr 16 2017 01:03pm
It would not go well for the current North Korean government. After a war things would get significantly better for North Korean citizens.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 16 2017 02:50pm

Quote (tman65ky @ 16 Apr 2017 20:03)
It would not go well for the current North Korean government. After a war things would get significantly better for North Korean citizens.

So you are suggesting usa attack north korea ? nice idea

Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 16 2017 03:43pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Apr 16 2017 12:41pm)
Lold at 2013 copyright

Was a dead joke at that time too

I didn't post that pic to get a laugh.
I posted it because it's an accurate representation of the current state of affairs, between NK and the US.

The NK is trying to scare other countries around them into giving NK ...political/economic/strategic bonuses.
When the NK disobeys the UN and DOES develop nuclear weapons and delivery systems, they KNOW that someone will move defensive forces near NK.
THEN, Kim Jong can accuse those someones ...of planning to attack NK, and hope to get sympathy from idiots.

What Kim does NOT realize, is that, even though citizens of NK are only allowed to learn what Kim wants them to learn....the majority of the rest of the world, does not operate that way.

The rest of the world can EASILY see what he is up to...with his grade school mentality.

Neither the US or Russia wants war with NK. mainly because the rest of the world will look on it as the big guys picking on the little guy.
No one wants anything NK has, either.

This is all just a case of Kim Jong-un, thinking that the rest of the world are idiots, and will fall for his attempts at grade school manipulations.

I do not understand why this is so hard (for some) to see.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2017 04:23pm
Quote (Ghot @ 16 Apr 2017 21:43)
I didn't post that pic to get a laugh.
I posted it because it's an accurate representation of the current state of affairs, between NK and the US.

The NK is trying to scare other countries around them into giving NK ...political/economic/strategic bonuses.
When the NK disobeys the UN and DOES develop nuclear weapons and delivery systems, they KNOW that someone will move defensive forces near NK.
THEN, Kim Jong can accuse those someones ...of planning to attack NK, and hope to get sympathy from idiots.

What Kim does NOT realize, is that, even though citizens of NK are only allowed to learn what Kim wants them to learn....the majority of the rest of the world, does not operate that way.

The rest of the world can EASILY see what he is up to...with his grade school mentality.

Neither the US or Russia wants war with NK. mainly because the rest of the world will look on it as the big guys picking on the little guy.
No one wants anything NK has, either.

This is all just a case of Kim Jong-un, thinking that the rest of the world are idiots, and will fall for his attempts at grade school manipulations.

I do not understand why this is so hard (for some) to see.

Perhaps because some people operate on evidence not just what they feel is probably true. You have no means by which to measure Kim's mentality. Again with the superiority complex and blind assertions.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 16 2017 04:31pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 16 2017 05:23pm)
Perhaps because some people operate on evidence not just what they feel is probably true. You have no means by which to measure Kim's mentality. Again with the superiority complex and blind assertions.

I would think you would easily be able to gauge his mentality.
The UN told North Korea (about 8 years ago) absolutely no nuclear testing or delivery system testing.

Again, what is so hard to see or understand? <--- Rhetorical question.
Gold: 9.00
Apr 16 2017 04:42pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 17 2017 12:23am)

Yep because a man who lets himself be worshipped as a god is totally normal.

This post was edited by Tjo on Apr 16 2017 04:45pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2017 05:32pm
Quote (Tjo @ 16 Apr 2017 22:42)
Yep because a man who lets himself be worshipped as a god is totally normal.

Normal if he's been brought up to believe he deserves to be.

But even if he's not normal. Not normal =/= stupid. Quite the reverse tbh.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678910199Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll