d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1336337338339340445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 475.46
Dec 18 2018 01:09pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 18 2018 12:03pm)
Once again flaunting that you don't understand statistics or a bell curve.

Im not looking for statistics, I lived it. Correct me if im wrong but it seems like what you said was if someone isnt god fearing they cant have morals.
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 18 2018 01:11pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 18 2018 03:00pm)
- 99% of people criticizing this judge or law enforcement are doing so because they are partisan hacks.. after this investigation is over they'll go back to not caring about what happens in our justice system every day
- the judge wanted the 302 released not because Republicans demanded it, but because he wanted to fully understand what nonsense Flynn's lawyers were spouting in the memo
- the executive's prerogative over foreign policy was intruded upon by the transition team, which the judge noted
- it's the FBI's job to suss out foreign influence on our politics
- the 302 makes clear that Flynn understood what the FBI was coming over for, but he chose to lie multiple times anyway

I think this investigation shows that the system was and is working... FBI and DOJ officials were doing their jobs while a corrupt campaign and transition team were moving in. I said this before... the Hannity spin might matter in opinion polls, but judges aren't buying it.

The 302 was written by Peter Strzok who was fired from the FBI for bias, dishonesty, and incompetence...
Gold: 22,189.49
Dec 18 2018 01:14pm
The judge could have reviewed the 302 under seal. I haven't bothered looking into the exacts, but I assume he did that prior to making it public?

The transition team were the members of an incoming executive who had an election mandate prior to inauguration. While the role is not official until the president is sworn in, there is a long history of incoming administrations setting up diplomatic contacts. The slapfight over russian foreign policy and other domestic issues between Obama and Trump in that span might be unprecedented- I can't think of any other transition having such a public spat as the outgoing president radically alters his policies and the incoming one tries to fend them off. Its pointless to go back and forth on who is undermining and sabotaging who, who has the authority and who is abusing it. What matters in this context is that the FBI intruded into that political tussle and took the authority for themselves.

Once again you're arguing from a presupposed point of assuming that because you take axiomatically that Trump & Co are inherently corrupt, any actions taken against them can be handwaved no matter how flawed. And I simply state that everyone involved is flawed. You can point to Flynn's lies, but I can point to McCabe's lies. And if a judge takes a side, is the judge infallible? Clearly not in this case.

Russians were the monsters on Elm Street in this story. A few hacked emails and $4000 on facebook advertising were boogeymen enough to spark a Red Scare 3.0 over their interference in elections, while we just dismiss the FBI's interference in the election, the wrongdoing by everyone else and breakdown of the boundaries of good faith jurisdiction that had been precedented for decades. I've read a lot of stories about how IC pissing contests between bureaus led to breakdowns in communications that let terrorists slip through our fingers prior to their attacks, am I supposed to feel America is safer when the FBI is more vested in creating a crime to prosecute the National Security Director?

When an outgoing president and incoming president have a sore loser / presumptuous winner slapfight in the aftermath of an election, it undermines the legitimacy of our democracy. When the democrats cry foul and say the election was cheated, it does everything they were accusing Trump of being about to do when he would refuse to acknowledge his loss- which we'll never know. And Obama proverbially removing the 'w' from every keyboard with his executive orders and diplomatic poison pills on the way out the door was doing more damage behind the scenes than the democrats were doing in public. But that faith in democracy can't be restored by rounding up everyone you don't like and putting them against the wall. The only solution would be for everyone to bury their hatchet and return to normalcy and reconcile, not to pull teeth. I said it at the time that Trump's first great move was to betray his own base and say Hillary was 'free to go'.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 18 2018 01:19pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 18 2018 01:14pm
So i had a confusion on the guy name for around 2 seconds

Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 18 2018 01:51pm
I'll reply more in depth later, but I think Goom is representing what the end point of the cult's argument will be. They have to turn typical FBI and Justice operating as corrupt wrongdoing. Then they have to minimize certain crimes. Then they have to question the legitimacy of the American criminal justice system entirely, because judges take those "not really crimes lulz" seriously.

It's beautiful to watch how Trump has managed to mindfuck so many people.
Dec 18 2018 01:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 18 2018 03:51pm)
I'll reply more in depth later, but I think Goom is representing what the end point of the cult's argument will be. They have to turn typical FBI and Justice operating as corrupt wrongdoing. Then they have to minimize certain crimes. Then they have to question the legitimacy of the American criminal justice system entirely, because judges take those "not really crimes lulz" seriously.

It's beautiful to watch how Trump has managed to mindfuck so many people.

Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 18 2018 03:15pm
So if a 302 is filed by a guy who, later mind you, is shown to be biased u can lie to the FBI?

i can tell you guys are really running low on gas here, you're now advocating open law breaking to combat your "bias" boogeyman.

First it was Trump can lie with impunity, because the media is biased against him. Even when he contradicts himself or gets caught with his pants down we hear "4d chess". i swear whenever you idiots are taught a new word it gets beaten to death faster than a guy who forgets to turn off his cell phone in Papua New Guinea.

I've even heard hack pundits suggest we need to change how law enforcement works to follow a strict path along the lines of the "original direction of an investigation".

It's fun to watch the right expose themselves as liars time and again. you never cared about law and order like you never cared about truth, justice, and honesty. you want the people you want punished and prosecuted, that's it. none of you are men or morals, you're all weak betas who just want to have a little sissy fight with all the other weak directionless betas on the other side of the aisle. fake Christians, fake economists, fake conservatives, fake law and order, etc. that's all you all are. liars.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 18 2018 03:16pm
Gold: 24.06
Dec 18 2018 03:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 18 2018 02:15pm)
So if a 302 is filed by a guy who, later mind you, is shown to be biased u can lie to the FBI?

i can tell you guys are really running low on gas here, you're now advocating open law breaking to combat your "bias" boogeyman.

First it was Trump can lie with impunity, because the media is biased against him. Even when he contradicts himself or gets caught with his pants down we hear "4d chess". i swear whenever you idiots are taught a new word it gets beaten to death faster than a guy who forgets to turn off his cell phone in Papua New Guinea.

I've even heard hack pundits suggest we need to change how law enforcement works to follow a strict path along the lines of the "original direction of an investigation".

It's fun to watch the right expose themselves as liars time and again. you never cared about law and order like you never cared about truth, justice, and honesty. you want the people you want punished and prosecuted, that's it. none of you are men or morals, you're all weak betas who just want to have a little sissy fight with all the other weak directionless betas on the other side of the aisle. fake Christians, fake economists, fake conservatives, fake law and order, etc. that's all you all are. liars.

lmao at thinking either side isn't fake. fake out cry, fake justice, fake sympathy, bunch of damn liars to hold the high road...must be christians.
Dec 18 2018 03:34pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 18 2018 05:15pm)

Only snipa's navel gazing is tr00
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1336337338339340445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll