d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ladder Slasher Events > Do You Like Them?
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Feb 10 2017 06:54pm
Quote (Spankyhaze @ 11 Feb 2017 01:08)
Take out the events so i dont have to log on to see/hear ppl crying about how much they hate it.

E: But i myself like the events no matter what they are.
Altho the shrine really needs to be fixed we shouldnt need a event just to make it usefull.

You werent complaining about this before and it has been doubled after the events started
That's just a lame fucking excuse.

Back in the days "when it was fun" Regen was one of the biggest parts of the game. Ppl didnt complain about that either
But once you get a slice of the good cake it's easy to get greedy and want the whole cake.

It's mostly the HC-ppl crying about these events, cause it gets harder for them to solo (since no1 really plays groups over there)

Quote (Paparick @ 11 Feb 2017 01:37)
My wish:
Move the well back to town and make it a one-on-one scenario
The well in catacombs is ridiculous - up to 5 players against a poor solo mob - he does not stand a chance

Besides -- even in solo mode, you have the opportunity to go to town to heal, and the mob patiently waits for you to return
Old school - if you ran away, the mob poofed, and if you died, he ran off laughing at you

Yeah but also back then everyone wasnt able to well, he wanted to give everyone an equal chance to actually complete it
However why he put it in the catacomb i have no clue about ^^

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Feb 10 2017 06:55pm
Gold: 321.95
Feb 10 2017 07:02pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Feb 10 2017 06:54pm)
You werent complaining about this before and it has been doubled after the events started
That's just a lame fucking excuse.

Back in the days "when it was fun" Regen was one of the biggest parts of the game. Ppl didnt complain about that either
But once you get a slice of the good cake it's easy to get greedy and want the whole cake.

It's mostly the HC-ppl crying about these events, cause it gets harder for them to solo (since no1 really plays groups over there)

I personally dont care about shrining as i use my regen gear if i need to heal.
I am not complaining about it at all, most of the time i dont even need to shrine or regen anyways.
I have had np with any event and soloing, it has not changed anything... +15% monster diff is not shit and does not slow me down.

But when you throw a arcane+ lvl 20 items in the shrine and dont even get 1k mana thats pretty bad.
Im not saying make it a couple t1 full regen just make it a bit more usefull.

This post was edited by Spankyhaze on Feb 10 2017 07:03pm
Gold: 67.00
Feb 10 2017 07:13pm
Quote (Dante @ Feb 10 2017 09:56am)
the yes option is only a half truth.
I enjoy any positive change made to the game, however, it sucks when things are permanently degraded / devalued, such as :
  • Removal of no maze
  • Removal of arena
  • Life steal nerf
  • lpk nerf
  • heal mastery nerf into oblivion

not one of these killed the game as effectively as did the muting as proficiency change. this single change completely destroyed the game by removing the ability to play it as a new player or stand alone game. without new players every game is destined to dwindle. who wants to play a game that u cant even effectively play starting out, without having to invest in something gear wise without any roi to hope for. the ability to play a game slowly working your way up grinding the game to build wealth and improve your character, skills, fun is a basically fundamental to a game. losing the ability to sell mutes destroyed this.

that was ~ 9 years ago? the only time i have seen a single update make any notable improvements to this game/dream destroying heroin level nostalgia sickness update was when he changed the level caps and for ~ten days people were finding gear once again. then he adjusted some values and was even worse than before.
Gold: 74,290.21
Feb 10 2017 09:46pm
Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ Feb 10 2017 07:13pm)
not one of these killed the game as effectively as did the muting as proficiency change. this single change completely destroyed the game by removing the ability to play it as a new player or stand alone game. without new players every game is destined to dwindle. who wants to play a game that u cant even effectively play starting out, without having to invest in something gear wise without any roi to hope for. the ability to play a game slowly working your way up grinding the game to build wealth and improve your character, skills, fun is a basically fundamental to a game. losing the ability to sell mutes destroyed this.

that was ~ 9 years ago? the only time i have seen a single update make any notable improvements to this game/dream destroying heroin level nostalgia sickness update was when he changed the level caps and for ~ten days people were finding gear once again. then he adjusted some values and was even worse than before.

There has never been a post in this forums that I have agreed with more then this. The point of jsp, is to play other games and transfer wealth between them to whichever you are enjoying the most currently. There is no reason to play ls, when you will pretty much never be able to transfer wealth out. You are either a diehard and sink 100% of your fg with negligible return, or you basically don't start. Anymore. It's truly a shame because I love the idea of ls, I always have. the simplicity, the clicking, even the exploring. But.... "shrug"
Gold: 1,470.74
Feb 10 2017 10:18pm
Events were just for appeasement and to cut down on the whining. Now it's and endless circle of the same stuff again. Which isn't altogether bad but gets old fast. Since mm won't be changed it would be nice to add something very challenging to the game again that's hard but rewarding. Something that isn't solely point related that brings some sort of competition again.
Gold: 62,048.76
Feb 11 2017 03:38am
make solo great again.
Gold: 105,555.55
Feb 11 2017 06:47am
Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ 11 Feb 2017 02:13)

I never meant destroying it, but making it all worse with every step
you and I are both high ranked muters and while I kind of agree with what you said, I think since it takes such a long time to get to the higher ranks, I believe that there should at least be a better chance to get something proper out of muting.
I mean come on, I am rank 47, (I know, you're way higher), I've done literally tens of thousands of mutes and I haven't seen a single item over 140 ee. It's not only an fg sink, but also a time sink with (possibly) no rewards.
Gold: 76,760.63
Warn: 30%
Feb 11 2017 09:32am
Quote (Spankyhaze @ Feb 10 2017 07:08pm)
Take out the events so i dont have to log on to see/hear ppl crying about how much they hate it.

E: But i myself like the events no matter what they are.
Altho the shrine really needs to be fixed we shouldnt need a event just to make it usefull.

You like the events but are sick of people crying about them?

Why are there so many people voting no? Nowadays people have warped sense of going against the flow. Sometimes it`s ok to with the mainstream!
Let`s just click no because others don`t like it even though I do.

Nothing against you ofc :). Your choice is your choice. I just want more content. I like what we got and I like events. GIb Gib more.
Gold: 67.00
Feb 11 2017 11:51am
Quote (Dante @ Feb 11 2017 07:47am)
I never meant destroying it, but making it all worse with every step
you and I are both high ranked muters and while I kind of agree with what you said, I think since it takes such a long time to get to the higher ranks, I believe that there should at least be a better chance to get something proper out of muting.
I mean come on, I am rank 47, (I know, you're way higher), I've done literally tens of thousands of mutes and I haven't seen a single item over 140 ee. It's not only an fg sink, but also a time sink with (possibly) no rewards.

new muting system ive only have 2 over 140 1 over 200. id be fine with losing my muting prof and reverting the whole thing. player need to be able to incrementally build up characters by find things of lower value to trade sell up.

This post was edited by GunslingerOfOld on Feb 11 2017 11:52am
Gold: 437.64
Feb 11 2017 02:33pm
No (I'd rather get a real update instead of temporary events)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll