d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1229322942295229622972971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,000.00
May 22 2020 09:07pm
Im trying to buy stocks here and the government's just bailing everyone out left right and centre
Gold: 17,801.00
May 22 2020 09:21pm
Quote (badasses @ May 22 2020 08:07pm)
Im trying to buy stocks here and the government's just bailing everyone out left right and centre

I am going to wait for a bit.

Pessimistic the markets will drop further. Stocks with higher than average dividend yields is what I will be targeting. Our dollar is shit so I feel like I am limited to stick largely to Canadian exchanges.

I am thinking consumer debt levels are too high and once waves of people start running out of credit there is going to be a significant drop in consumer purchasing power.

A large segment of consumers not giving a shit about interest rates or simply not being able to grasp the concept has kept the economy propped but if that debt load is not stabilized the shit is going to really hit the fan.

I can't believe how many continue to take on debt for non essential material purchases in a time like this. In general interest rates are low.... but not for credit cards. Eventually the banks are going to tighten the leash. Maybe I am wrong but that is the way I see it.

As for bailouts.... I am aggravated but not surprised. Corporations churn out lobbyists one after the next to influence politicians and lawmakers. Furthermore a corporation can get to a point where it is so large it turns into a black hole situation if it is allowed to fail without intervention.

I hate the tactic, but they play both sides of the coin and it works really well. The little guys like us are just pawns. It really pisses me off that the average Joe is expected to be responsible, to save for a rainy day, to live within their means... Big business does not have to always follow those rules to survive. We do.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 22 2020 09:24pm
Gold: 345.69
May 22 2020 09:31pm
day trade
Gold: 8,732.50
May 22 2020 10:03pm
won ez with disney and cn
Gold: 2,000.00
May 22 2020 10:07pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 22 2020 09:21pm)
I am going to wait for a bit.

Pessimistic the markets will drop further. Stocks with higher than average dividend yields is what I will be targeting. Our dollar is shit so I feel like I am limited to stick largely to Canadian exchanges.

I am thinking consumer debt levels are too high and once waves of people start running out of credit there is going to be a significant drop in consumer purchasing power.

A large segment of consumers not giving a shit about interest rates or simply not being able to grasp the concept has kept the economy propped but if that debt load is not stabilized the shit is going to really hit the fan.

I can't believe how many continue to take on debt for non essential material purchases in a time like this. In general interest rates are low.... but not for credit cards. Eventually the banks are going to tighten the leash. Maybe I am wrong but that is the way I see it.

As for bailouts.... I am aggravated but not surprised. Corporations churn out lobbyists one after the next to influence politicians and lawmakers. Furthermore a corporation can get to a point where it is so large it turns into a black hole situation if it is allowed to fail without intervention.

I hate the tactic, but they play both sides of the coin and it works really well. The little guys like us are just pawns. It really pisses me off that the average Joe is expected to be responsible, to save for a rainy day, to live within their means... Big business does not have to always follow those rules to survive. We do.

perfect example for this is bombardier lol i remember a ceo of an investment firm said this on bnn : this company has been a disaster my whole career, and i'm almost ready to retire

constant bailouts by the taxpayer, the worst one when they didn't ask for one and trudeau gave them 500 million, and then they moved production out of canada

i'm just scared about the inflation that will follow with all the money being printed to prop people up, either the government prints unlimited money, or it all comes crashing down at some point
Gold: 4,600.00
May 22 2020 10:20pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 22 2020 10:03pm)
won ez with disney and cn

BYND was sweet too
Gold: 8,732.50
May 22 2020 11:24pm
Quote (StayPositive @ 22 May 2020 21:20)
BYND was sweet too

Ye moderna for vaccine too

Gold: 2,647.74
May 22 2020 11:38pm
Quote (badasses @ May 22 2020 09:07pm)
perfect example for this is bombardier lol i remember a ceo of an investment firm said this on bnn : this company has been a disaster my whole career, and i'm almost ready to retire

constant bailouts by the taxpayer, the worst one when they didn't ask for one and trudeau gave them 500 million, and then they moved production out of canada

i'm just scared about the inflation that will follow with all the money being printed to prop people up, either the government prints unlimited money, or it all comes crashing down at some point

Think what will happen is that lending rules will get way tighter and the feds will download expenses to the provinces in the forming of cutting health and education transfers. Axe will also fall on the public service eventually.

The CDN isn't worth much right now so printing too much will destroy the exchange rate, it will only be a partial tool.

Imo we'll see the economy shrink 5-7% and meander for a long time, as the successive measures to keep up the economy have their bills due at different points in time.

We're not gonna get to end of 2019 real income levels for many years.

This post was edited by Hizkuntza on May 22 2020 11:40pm
Gold: 2,647.74
May 23 2020 12:49am
I'm also gonna add that if we see interest rates rise to 90's levels well good fucking bye this country because everyone's up their asses with mortgage debt.
Gold: 17,801.00
May 23 2020 09:55am
Quote (badasses @ May 22 2020 09:07pm)

Ya that is a good example..... What a tire fire.

I worry about that too. It is funny how much times have changed. Decades ago you could buy Government backed bonds/Gic's with 18% interest rate! Now you are lucky if you get 2%.

That will not even cover inflation.

Interest rates are very low at the moment and that is not even spurring economic growth. Not a good sign, coupled with all the money being handed out.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on May 23 2020 09:57am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1229322942295229622972971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll