d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1191192193194195298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 3 2018 09:51pm
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Jan 3 2018 11:22pm)
So you worship the bible because Hitler?
It's no wonder you openly hate fags and jews so much. :rofl:

The bible doesn't reference the year 1948 a single time.

How ironic is it that God used Hitler for his will to be done?

Once Scaly replies then I will post it but I want to know why you worship God?

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 3 2018 11:35pm)
I'd love to see you prove it was predicted in the specific year, especially after your crashing and burning with our other convo

Nah, you have yet to reply to my previous post. Besides it is obvious that you still can't grasp how there is God's will and our free will. They both intertwine because God's will be done. He can use our free will for his will.

Something so simple yet so complicated. You are the perfect example of somebody who can't quite grasp how it works.
Jan 3 2018 10:22pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 3 Jan 2018 12:24)
What if I told you that the Bible made a prediction that was fulfilled in 1948? Not only was it fulfilled in 1948 but it the event was predicted to happen in 1948, which it did.

Considering that the Bible has been around for much longer than that, what would you do or think if you found out that the event that happened in 1948 was foretold in the Bible and that it can be proven? Not only foretold and proven but predicted to happen that exact year?

Would that at the very, very least separate Christianity from all other Religions in that it accurately predicts the future unlike the rest?

OK. So what specific event was foretold by the Bible? Also - why can't you just answer a fucking question instead of posting vagueries and allusions?
Gold: 260.11
Jan 3 2018 10:55pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 3 2018 09:51pm)

Nah, you have yet to reply to my previous post. Besides it is obvious that you still can't grasp how there is God's will and our free will. They both intertwine because God's will be done. He can use our free will for his will.

Something so simple yet so complicated. You are the perfect example of somebody who can't quite grasp how it works.

Was it possible for God to make a different world than the one we currently live in?
Jan 4 2018 12:16am
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 4 2018 02:22pm)
OK. So what specific event was foretold by the Bible? Also - why can't you just answer a fucking question instead of posting vagueries and allusions?

14th May 1948, Israel declared independence. Within hours of the declaration of independence, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon invaded Israel. Bear in mind this is three years after the holocaust. As such, they were outnumbered 20 million to 1 million. Yet Israel not only won the war but expanded the size of their borders by 50 percent.

That is all well and good until you discover that the Bible foretold this. In fact, there were 10 Prophecies fulfilled in 1948.

• 1 - The descendants of Jacob would regain control of Israel

Amos 9:14-15 I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

Written: about 750 BC

Amos says that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would once again have Israel as their own land and not only that but they would never be uprooted again.

• 2 - Israel would be brought back to life

Ezekiel 37:10-14 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

Written: Sometime between 593-571 BC

The Prophet Ezekiel receives a vision where Israel is seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. God tells Ezekiel that the bones would be brought back to life. The Jews have been brought back to the land, and the country of Israel has been brought back to life as they have re-established sovereignty in 1948, merely three years after the end of the holocaust.

• 3 - Israel being reborn in a single day

Isaiah 66:7-8 - “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.”

Written: between 701-681 BC

Isaiah prophesies the re-birth of Israel in 1948. The description is like a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This is exactly what happened on 14th May 1948 when Israel declared independence as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in over 2900 years.

A movement called Zionism began in the 1800s to encourage Israel worldwide to move to Israel, which was called Palestine at that time. Within hours of the declaration of independence, Israel was attacked by Egypt, Jordan, Syria, lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

• 4 - Israel would be re-established as a united nation

Ezekiel 37:21-22 - and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

Written: between 593-571 BC

The Sovereign Lord says that he will take the Israelites out of the nations and gather them from all around the world, bring them back into their own land and make them one nation in the land. At that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms and many were forced into exile by foreign invaders. There is no doubt that this would have been a shock for Ezekiel.

• 5 - The second Israel would be more impressive than the first

Jeremiah 16:14-15 - “However, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when men will no longer say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,’ but they will say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.’ For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

Written: Between 626-586 BC

Jeremiah prophesies that the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt. The second time Israel was established was after they were scattered far and wide for a few thousand years.

• 6 - Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established

Ezekiel 4:3-6 - Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. “Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. “After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

Written 593-571 BC

Ezekiel told the Israelites, who had lost control of their homeland, that they would be punished for 430 years. It is from this that we can pinpoint 1948, the rebirth of Israel. Grant R. Jeffrey explains it further.

1 - Ezekiel said Israel would be punished for 430 years because they turned away from God. Israel lost control of their homeland to Babylon.
    2 - Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed Israel to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland but only a small number returned. This return took place around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.
    3- Because most of the exiles chose to stay in Babylon rather than returning to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The book of Leviticus explains why.

Leviticus 26:18 - "If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over."
    Leviticus 26:21 - "If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve."
    Leviticus 26:24 - "I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over."
    Leviticus 26:28 - "then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over."

So from here we need to do some Mathematics. 360 * 7 = 2520 years. However, these years are based on a 360-day lunar calendar because that's how they worked out years in the Bible. What we need to do now is convert that to a modern day calendar of 365.25 so let's do it.

2520 * 360 = 907,200
    907,200 / 365.25 = 2,483.8 (round .77 to .8)

So now we add 2483.8 to 536.4 BC.
    -536.4 + 2483.8 = 1947.4.
    However, since there is no year between 1BC and 1AD (No zero) We add +1 to make up for that!
    1947.4 + 1 = 1948.4!

Israel was proclaimed as a nation on 14th may 1948.

• 7 - The people of Israel would return to "their own land"

Ezekiel 34:13 - I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

Ezekiel says that God would gather the people of Israel scattered throughout the world and bring them into their own land. Millions of Israel returned after they declared independence in 1948. So millions of exiles returned to their ancient homeland which was now truly their own land in the sense that it is now a sovereign Jewish state.

• 8 - God will watch over the people of Israel

Jeremiah 31:10 - “Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: ‘He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’

The LORD declares that he would one day gather all of Israel and that he would watch over them like a Shepherd does his sheep. There is evidence that God has indeed watched over re-established nation of Israel. Mere hours after Israel declared independence in 1948, the surrounding countries attacked. Israel was outnumbered but Israel prevailed in the war and were able to capture additional land. Not only that but Israel prevailed in two other major wars that followed.

• 9 - Israel's army would be disproportionately powerful

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8 - “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, ... You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.”

Written: about 1400 BC

If the people of Israel are obedient to The LORD then the Bible says that 5 of them would be able to chase away 100 people and that 100 would be able to chase away 10,000. Is there any proof of this? Let's look at three examples.

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, they were attacked by Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. The combined population was at least 20 million whereas Israel had fewer than 1 million in population. Israel won the war and expanded the size of their borders by 50 percent.

Example 2: In 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in over 2000 years. Not only did they seize additional territory but the war only lasted 6 days.

Example 3: On 6th October 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack but Israel were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.

• 10 - The fortunes of the people of Israel would be restored

Deuteronomy 30:3-5 - then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

The Bible says that Israel would be scattered worldwide and later return to their homeland and have their fortunes restored. Many of the Israelites returned to Israel from as far as China, United States, Russia and South Africa. Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries.

There is the full list for you to ponder. If all this does not convince you then I don't know what will.

Oh and ofcourse I will list my references for you.

http://watchmanbiblestudy.com/articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.html
http://www.grantjeffrey.com/pdf/JeffBIBLE-EzekVision2.pdf
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/history-07.htm
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/arab-israeli-war
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/six-day-war-ends
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/10/arab-israeli-war-of-1973-what-happened-171005105247349.html
Jan 4 2018 12:21am
That's some really intense reaching. God you really have to shut down all critical faculties to be a fundamentalist.
Jan 4 2018 01:40am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 4 2018 02:55pm)
Was it possible for God to make a different world than the one we currently live in?

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 4 2018 04:21pm)
That's some really intense reaching. God you really have to shut down all critical faculties to be a fundamentalist.

As for you, Jeremiah 32:27 - "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"
Jan 4 2018 07:03am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 4 2018 01:40am)
As for you, Jeremiah 32:27 - "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

A simple unambiguous yes or no will suffice
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 4 2018 09:41am
Quote (CPK001 @ 4 Jan 2018 09:16)
14th May 1948, Israel declared independence. Within hours of the declaration of independence, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon invaded Israel. Bear in mind this is three years after the holocaust. As such, they were outnumbered 20 million to 1 million. Yet Israel not only won the war but expanded the size of their borders by 50 percent.

That is all well and good until you discover that the Bible foretold this. In fact, there were 10 Prophecies fulfilled in 1948.

• 1 - The descendants of Jacob would regain control of Israel

Amos 9:14-15 I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

Written: about 750 BC

Amos says that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would once again have Israel as their own land and not only that but they would never be uprooted again.
  • 2 - Israel would be brought back to life

Ezekiel 37:10-14 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

Written: Sometime between 593-571 BC

The Prophet Ezekiel receives a vision where Israel is seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. God tells Ezekiel that the bones would be brought back to life. The Jews have been brought back to the land, and the country of Israel has been brought back to life as they have re-established sovereignty in 1948, merely three years after the end of the holocaust.
  • 3 - Israel being reborn in a single day

Isaiah 66:7-8 - “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.”

Written: between 701-681 BC

Isaiah prophesies the re-birth of Israel in 1948. The description is like a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This is exactly what happened on 14th May 1948 when Israel declared independence as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in over 2900 years.

A movement called Zionism began in the 1800s to encourage Israel worldwide to move to Israel, which was called Palestine at that time. Within hours of the declaration of independence, Israel was attacked by Egypt, Jordan, Syria, lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
  • 4 - Israel would be re-established as a united nation

Ezekiel 37:21-22 - and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

The Sovereign Lord says that he will take the Israelites out of the nations and gather them from all around the world, bring them back into their own land and make them one nation in the land. At that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms and many were forced into exile by foreign invaders. There is no doubt that this would have been a shock for Ezekiel.
  • 5 - The second Israel would be more impressive than the first

Jeremiah 16:14-15 - “However, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when men will no longer say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,’ but they will say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.’ For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

Jeremiah prophesies that the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt. The second time Israel was established was after they were scattered far and wide for a few thousand years.
  • 6 - Ezekiel predicted whenIsrael would be re-established

Ezekiel 4:3-6 - Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. “Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. “After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

Written 593-571 BC

Ezekiel told the Israelites, who had lost control of their homeland, that they would be punished for 430 years. It is from this that we can pinpoint 1948, the rebirth of Israel. Grant R. Jeffrey explains it further.

1 - Ezekiel said Israel would be punished for 430 years because they turned away from God. Israel lost control of their homeland to Babylon.
    2 - Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed Israel to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland but only a small number returned. This return took place around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.
    3- Because most of the exiles chose to stay in Babylon rather than returning to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The book of Leviticus explains why.

Leviticus 26:18 - "If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over."
    Leviticus 26:21 - "If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve."
    Leviticus 26:24 - "I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over."
    Leviticus 26:28 - "then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over."

So from here we need to do some Mathematics. 360 * 7 = 2520 years. However, these years are based on a 360-day lunar calendar because that's how they worked out years in the Bible. What we need to do now is convert that to a modern day calendar of 365.25 so let's do it.

2520 * 360 = 907,200
    907,200 / 365.25 = 2,483.8 (round .77 to .8)

So now we add 2483.8 to 536.4 BC.
    -536.4 + 2483.8 = 1947.4.
    However, since there is no year between 1BC and 1AD (No zero) We add +1 to make up for that!
    1947.4 + 1 = 1948.4!

Israel was proclaimed as a nation on 14th may 1948.
  • 7 - The people of Israel would return to "their own land"

Ezekiel 34:13 - I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

Ezekiel says that God would gather the people of Israel scattered throughout the world and bring them into their own land. Millions of Israel returned after they declared independence in 1948. So millions of exiles returned to their ancient homeland which was now truly their own land in the sense that it is now a sovereign Jewish state.
  • 8 - God will watch over the people of Israel

Jeremiah 31:10 - “Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: ‘He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’

The LORD declares that he would one day gather all of Israel and that he would watch over them like a Shepherd does his sheep. There is evidence that God has indeed watched over re-established nation of Israel. Mere hours after Israel declared independence in 1948, the surrounding countries attacked. Israel was outnumbered but Israel prevailed in the war and were able to capture additional land. Not only that but Israel prevailed in two other major wars that followed.
  • 9 - Israel's army would be disproportionately powerful

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8 - “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, ... You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.”

If the people of Israel are obedient to The LORD then the Bible says that 5 of them would be able to chase away 100 people and that 100 would be able to chase away 10,000. Is there any proof of this? Let's look at three examples.

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, they were attacked by Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. The combined population was at least 20 million whereas Israel had fewer than 1 million in population. Israel won the war and expanded the size of their borders by 50 percent.

Example 2: In 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in over 2000 years. Not only did they seize additional territory but the war only lasted 6 days.

Example 3: On 6th October 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack but Israel were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.
  • 10 - The fortunes of the people of Israel would be restored

Deuteronomy 30:3-5 - then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

The Bible says that Israel would be scattered worldwide and later return to their homeland and have their fortunes restored. Many of the Israelites returned to Israel from as far as China, United States, Russia and South Africa. Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries.

There is the full list for you to ponder. If all this does not convince you then I don't know what will.

Oh and ofcourse I will list my references for you.

http://watchmanbiblestudy.com/articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.html
http://www.grantjeffrey.com/pdf/JeffBIBLE-EzekVision2.pdf
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/history-07.htm
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/arab-israeli-war
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/six-day-war-ends
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/10/arab-israeli-war-of-1973-what-happened-171005105247349.html

didn't read
Jan 4 2018 06:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 4 2018 11:03pm)
A simple unambiguous yes or no will suffice

Yes.

Quote (the_rest @ Jan 5 2018 01:41am)
didn't read

That's part of the problem. How do I condense all of that down to a shorter post and yet include all of the key points?

If I make a simple paragraph then it won't be very convincing and yet if I make it very convincing then it won't be read.

I guess all I can do is tell you to go to the references at the bottom of that post. The first two should suffice. If not then there are more which, historically, go into more detail about the arab-israeli war.
Jan 4 2018 06:36pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 4 2018 06:12pm)
Yes.

Are there any external factors that can change a decision made by God? It would seem a logical conclusion that God cannot be changed by anything since he knows everything that will happen in advance.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1191192193194195298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll