d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1275276277278279298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 607.00
Aug 9 2018 01:36pm
Honestly, I am going to have a woman worship my rooster until I get there..
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2018 04:20pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 9 2018 09:38pm)
Comparing slavery with a career is both ignorant and offensive to those who have suffered under the practices condoned by your holy text, and you should feel embarrassed for trying to equate them.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

I wonder why slavery among the Israelites wasn’t allowed? Just another example of selective morality and racial superiority :lol:

I know that it is hard for you to accept that slavery takes different forms in this day and age. So you get offended. I do not feel embarrassed for I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

You want to go down that path? Then let's do it. The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery, it gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1). It does not outlaw slavery altogether. However, slavery in biblical times is very different from slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The difference is that slavery was not based exclusively on race. Slavery was based more on economics; a matter of social status. People sold themselves into slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. Some people chose to be slaves to have their needs provided.

Slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. The Bible does condemn race-based slavery as it teaches that all men are created by God and made in His image (Genesis 1:27). The Bible allowed for economic-based slavery and regulated it. The key issue is that slavery in The Bible in no way resembles racial slavery in the past few centuries. The Bible does condemn the practice of "man-stealing". This is what happened in Africa in the 16th to 19th centuries. Africans were rounded up, sold to be slaves and were brought to the New World to work on plantations and farms. This is abhorrent to God. The penalty for such crime is death (Exodus 21:16). Similarly, the New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are ungodly and sinful (1 Timothy 1:8-10).

Another key point is the purpose of The Bible, to point to the way of salvation and not to reform society. The Bible approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He will see, with Paul, that a slave can be “a brother in the Lord” (Philemon 1:16). A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html

Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 10 2018 02:19am)
Is there anything I can't claim is true based on "life experience"?

For instance I know several people who claim black people are inferior based on life experience.

Romans 1:22-25 - Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

From what I've seen, you have never taken the time to sit down and study The Bible and apply it to your daily living. Do you go to Church every week? Perhaps a Bible study group? Have you ever approached The Bible with an open mind? Can you find any discussion here where scripture has answered your questions satisfactorily? No, from what I have seen you disregard every scripture that has been posted in order to answer your questions.

For some strange reason, whenever any of you has a question then you first post it here. Then I go and find the results on the very first link in Google. It becomes painfully obvious that people do not do their research. Whenever I had a question or did not understand, I first go and see what I can find and perhaps ask my pastor if I can't find anything. Yet for the most part, it is all there online. Why not go to https://www.gotquestions.org/ to see if that answers your questions?

If you truly wanted to know and were actually interested in finding out more then you would do so. Only as a last resort would you post here asking for clarity. Yet that's not what happens is it? You actually do not care for the answer as you are not in search of it. Instead what actually happens is you ask a question, I answer it but then you try to find some lame excuse as to why that doesn't answer your question. I am not responsible for how you interpret the answer.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 9 2018 04:26pm
Doesn't answer my question.

You always run away from the question when you are afraid of the answer.

Is there anything I can't justify with a claim of "personal experience"?

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 9 2018 04:26pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 9 2018 04:27pm
The Looooooord bless William Joseph Simmons........
Gold: 0.00
Aug 10 2018 04:04pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 10 2018 08:26am)

Let's go by your logic then. You weren't there so you obviously know a lot more than me who was actually there and experienced the whole thing. You have some questions to answer.

Why, after wandering around aimlessly for at least half an hour, did I find my way back the moment after I started to pray? Since I'm not anything like the Drowning Man, I saw in that moment that God cared for me.

Does praying actually work? Should we keep praying as it seemed to work the last time I prayed?

How did creation come into being as I also took the time to sit back and admire nature. Romans 1:20 - For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Why are you so dense whenever the blessing doesn't come in the form you expect or want? I have a message for you: Isaiah 6:9-10 - He said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”
Gold: 186.16
Aug 10 2018 04:10pm
:unsure:
Aug 10 2018 04:12pm
I'm not claiming any knowledge about your situation. I'm asking how you know it was God.

Maybe it was, but you haven't given me a good reason why you think it was, so I may never know.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 10 2018 04:12pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 10 2018 05:02pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2018 06:26pm)

Humans are animals governed by desires. That is the only thing ever ruling them.
Aug 10 2018 05:04pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 10 2018 05:02pm)
Humans are animals governed by desires. That is the only thing ever ruling them.

your mom rules me ;)
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 10 2018 05:10pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 10 2018 07:04pm)
your mom rules me ;)

Shes a firebreather, she might break you
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1275276277278279298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll