d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New England Patriots Fan Thread
Prev15575585595605611153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 24 2017 11:06am
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 08:57am)
it's a shame he got hurt after his best game of the season, he played man coverage on Mike Evans and held him to under 50 yards all game, than he got concussed in practice or something lol.

Butler has been great, if it weren't for him we could've definitely lost to the Jets.

Butler is hit or miss. He does look mostly great, but like I said, when he gets burnt, he gets burnt fucking bad. He plays super tight, and dives a lot, and puts himself out there completely. It's great and all, but a lot of the time he does that with no help anywhere near from the top, and if he misses, that guy is fucking gone. We've seen it happen quite a few times this year, I think NE is still allowing more 40+, 50+, 60+ and 70+ yard plays than ANYONE in the league lol, which is pretty fucking pathetic for a team who preaches to not lose games on mistakes, which is exactly what plays like that are, mistakes. Gilmore really seemed to finally be figuring out his role and to be clicking with the rest of the team, and then BAM, out for a few weeks. Hopefully he's been taking this time to study, study, and study some fucking more. That's what he should be doing anyways. If he's been working hard, he could come back even better than hew as in that TB game and we could have a complete secondary finally. Still, we're going to have problems with the worst pass rush in the NFL. No matter how good your secondary is, you can't allow QBs all day to throw, and that's exactly what we're doing. I know we needed to get rid of Jones/Collins, but could you fucking imagine how good this team would be right now with them rushing whoever the fuck is unfortunate enough to be behind center? Guaranteed we're 7-0 right now and looking unstoppable as fuck. Well, not guaranteed, since anything can fucking happen, but seeing as that's BY FAR our biggest problem, it hurts knowing we gave away two fucking monsters where we need it most.

I couldn't find his 3rd down stats, but it does seem like Dola has been pretty good when Brady looks his way, but unfortunately, he still doesn't look his way very often, and when he does, he's usually covered pretty tight. He still seems to be worse than Hogan, and much worse than Edelman, which is sad considering that it was he who was suppose to replace Welker, and now he's the fourth option at WR, trailing FAR behind the top 3 in Cooks/Edelman/Gronk. I'm glad we still have him, and I'm glad he's stepped up at crucial times, but he'll just never ever live up to expectations with the shoes he had to fill.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Oct 24 2017 11:25am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 01:06pm)
Butler is hit or miss. He does look mostly great, but like I said, when he gets burnt, he gets burnt fucking bad. He plays super tight, and dives a lot, and puts himself out there completely. It's great and all, but a lot of the time he does that with no help anywhere near from the top, and if he misses, that guy is fucking gone. We've seen it happen quite a few times this year, I think NE is still allowing more 40+, 50+, 60+ and 70+ yard plays than ANYONE in the league lol, which is pretty fucking pathetic for a team who preaches to not lose games on mistakes, which is exactly what plays like that are, mistakes. Gilmore really seemed to finally be figuring out his role and to be clicking with the rest of the team, and then BAM, out for a few weeks. Hopefully he's been taking this time to study, study, and study some fucking more. That's what he should be doing anyways. If he's been working hard, he could come back even better than hew as in that TB game and we could have a complete secondary finally. Still, we're going to have problems with the worst pass rush in the NFL. No matter how good your secondary is, you can't allow QBs all day to throw, and that's exactly what we're doing. I know we needed to get rid of Jones/Collins, but could you fucking imagine how good this team would be right now with them rushing whoever the fuck is unfortunate enough to be behind center? Guaranteed we're 7-0 right now and looking unstoppable as fuck. Well, not guaranteed, since anything can fucking happen, but seeing as that's BY FAR our biggest problem, it hurts knowing we gave away two fucking monsters where we need it most.

I couldn't find his 3rd down stats, but it does seem like Dola has been pretty good when Brady looks his way, but unfortunately, he still doesn't look his way very often, and when he does, he's usually covered pretty tight. He still seems to be worse than Hogan, and much worse than Edelman, which is sad considering that it was he who was suppose to replace Welker, and now he's the fourth option at WR, trailing FAR behind the top 3 in Cooks/Edelman/Gronk. I'm glad we still have him, and I'm glad he's stepped up at crucial times, but he'll just never ever live up to expectations with the shoes he had to fill.

I'm in the super minority opinion on Dola i guess, I love him. He doesn't ask for much (has taken at least 2 paycuts), seems like a great teammate, makes clutch plays constantly, the only knock on him i guess is he never lived up to his first contract and is oft injured, but this year he's been a pleasant surprise with staying healthy.

3. Danny Amendola is second in the NFL in first-down catches on third down with nine. Keenan Allen is first with 15.

Oct 24 2017 11:57am
listening to Belichick talking (yesterday) about the Chargers (our next opponent): "they could easily be 6-1"

lol

Oct 24 2017 12:02pm
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 09:57am)
listening to Belichick talking (yesterday) about the Chargers (our next opponent): "they could easily be 6-1"

lol

He always says every team is the best and we're just a team who needs to be better.This is just one of the many many reasons I love BB though, he's my spirit animal.

That's fucking crazy about Amendola, because you know that 9 catches is almost 1/3 of his total catches on the year right? That's pretty fucking funny. 9 of 29 of his catches are third down for 1st downs lol. Good shit Dola.
Gold: 3,500.80
Oct 24 2017 12:20pm
Randy and I were listening to WEEI and I heard that Brady is goat and Gronk could be the next Antonio Gates.
Oct 24 2017 12:27pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 24 2017 10:20am)
Randy and I were listening to WEEI and I heard that Brady is goat and Gronk could be the next Antonio Gates.

Sounds like you heard some facts.
Oct 24 2017 12:34pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 24 2017 02:20pm)

Gronk > Gates

I still have Tony Gonzalez as the number 1 TE of all time though. He was like Gronk but with durability and longevity.

Oct 24 2017 12:36pm
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 10:34am)
Gronk > Gates

I still have Tony Gonzalez as the number 1 TE of all time though. He was like Gronk but with durability and longevity.

If only Gronk could finish his career with like 4 to 6 healthy seasons, he'd probably for sure be the #1

Won't happen though. I just hope he stays a Pat his whole career.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 24 2017 12:36pm
Oct 24 2017 12:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 02:36pm)
If only Gronk could finish his career with like 4 to 6 healthy seasons, he'd probably for sure be the #1

agreed, Gronk will be extremely lucky if he's able to play until his mid 30s with his history

Gates is definitely an all time best TE, but he had the bad luck of playing for the chargers all of his career, not a knock on Rivers, just the rest of the team/franchise.

Gold: 3,500.80
Oct 24 2017 12:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 12:36pm)

First we took Marty, next we take Gronk.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev15575585595605611153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll