d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New England Patriots Fan Thread
Prev15565575585595601153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Oct 24 2017 10:22am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 12:11pm)
Ya, I know the Bears aren't that bad, but Carolina always gets for w/e fucking reason, more help than God from the zebras when they come to NE, it's been two times in a row now where the refs have handed the fucking game to Cam. Ya, we fucked up with the hands to the face that would have ended the game, but they NEVER get holding calls when Cam runs, and their grabs our guys by their necks, and our receivers can't run a pick or touch anyone without picking up an OPI, but their guys can knock our players off their routes or trip defensive players with no penalties ever getting thrown. I fucking hate Carolina. They're not a good team imo. Steelers v KC was close, but that's ALWAYS a close game man, those teams battle the fuck out of each other. We just shit stomp Steelers, and they have been falling apart in the playoffs for the past decade, where I think the Eagles + KC are going to go on a roll this year vs whoever they play to start. Hoping we start with a bye and homefield. I know the Steelers won less than a decade ago, but they really haven't looked all that great since then, and they're totally wasting one of the best offensive duo talents we've seen in history. Ben seems like he's just not himself anymore, but still, with those kind of threats, and even their 2nd tier receiver would be god tier in NE. They've got some serious fiewpoer to be having close games with the bengals/browns.

yeah we should've won that panthers game this year, I'm not gonna blame the refs even though they were bad. ticky tack hands to the face penalties like you said.

yeah, really hope we get that first round bye. I like our chances. One thing i'm psyched about it looks like we more than likely won't have to worry about a playoff game on the road in Denver this year, which is usually our downfall. I think we could win on the road in KC if push comes to shove. Sure it'll be loud, but no high elevation.
Gold: 83,390.89
Oct 24 2017 10:34am
Steelers are getting hot right now and their defense is clean

>.<

E/ Josh you gotta remember those close games ate division rivals, I watch almost every Steelers game bc of my sister and division games are just tricky to judge.

They're so reminiscent of how the jets give us problems

This post was edited by Flopps on Oct 24 2017 10:36am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 24 2017 10:34am
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 08:22am)
yeah we should've won that panthers game this year, I'm not gonna blame the refs even though they were bad. ticky tack hands to the face penalties like you said.

yeah, really hope we get that first round bye. I like our chances. One thing i'm psyched about it looks like we more than likely won't have to worry about a playoff game on the road in Denver this year, which is usually our downfall. I think we could win on the road in KC if push comes to shove. Sure it'll be loud, but no high elevation.

We just play bad vs Denver. One of the only teams that has our number. Historically though, what we've been weakest against during the entire BB/Brady era, is a GREAT front 4, which KC has. I don't want to play them at all. I'm hoping someone else knocks them out, because I'm not confident we can win. We don't have enough speed in our secondary to cover Hill, even if their other options aren't that great. We usually do well eliminating Kelce, because we know how devastating TEs can be better than anyone, but Hill has insane speed, and maybe if he doubled every single time with Gilmore or Butler (rather have GIlmore, when butler gets burnt, he gets burnt for 70), and McCourty on him all game. It does seem like we've VASTLY improved our run defense, and Hunt shouldn't go absolutely ham again, but I'm not confident we can stop him on screens, I think we'd eliminate the rush attack, probably let him average 3-3.5 a carry, but those screens, that's where we fail and where he'd feast. Our line is improved from last year, but Brady is still taking an absolute fucking beating, and not having Edelman is hurting A LOT more than it should, he can't get separation, and the refs apparently had a meeting about not letting Gronk play football, since he gets OPI anytime he barely touches anyone. Cooks is looking better and him and Brady are starting to click, Hogan continues to be a consistent third down weapon when we need him, but he's still no Edelman and it takes him an extra second or two to get that separation, which can make the difference vs an insane defense like KC. We'll see man, but right now, from what I've seen, I feel my list is 100% accurate, I think we could beat anyone, but I think we'd be underdogs against KC/Philly and that we'd need to step up and win the turnover battle or play better than we have all year to come out with a W.

Lots of football left and NE continues to look better and better, but we've got a long road to #6. KC is the team I fear the most in the AFC, with the second being a toss-up between Houston/Oakland. Mobile QBs shred us, and if Watson continues to develop and play better, he could pose some serious problems for us. Hopefully he'll bomb in the playoffs vs us like rookies usually do. Oakland is terrifying if they play on, but they've just been insanely inconsistent. Once again though, lots of football left and they've got enough time to get fully healthy and to go on a serious run that could put them in a position to upset us at home. No one else even remotely worries me in the AFC right now. Jags would be my third biggest fear. I just can't get worried about the Steelers anymore, no idea why, I shouldn't let history decide how I feel, but it honestly does seem like they can't plan for us, for w/e reason. As far as the NFC goes, Philly is the big one, but we could potentially lose to Minnesota, Seattle or LA with how good they look defensively. Seattle is the lesser of the three teams imo, but once again, mobile QBs have consistently been a huge problem for NE.

I'm excited to watch the rest of the season though and Sunday felt sooooo fucking good. First real win we've had since week 2 lol.
Oct 24 2017 10:39am
^ yeah man last game was sweet

We're like

Finally beginning to look like a football team rather than 11 players on the field lol
Oct 24 2017 10:46am
Quote (Flopps @ Oct 24 2017 08:39am)
^ yeah man last game was sweet

We're like

Finally beginning to look like a football team rather than 11 players on the field lol

I'm still in shock man. My buddy who's a pretty emotionless guy had this shit-eating grin on his face. Just looked at him and was like "man, that's not how I saw this going" and he's all "FUCK no, you kidding me? I thought we were both going to be stressing hard again."

Last few games have been bad, he's always physically calm, but dying on the inside and you can see it if you know him. I'm the opposite, I'll be pacing back and forth like crazy, running my hands through my hair and shaking it up, or all sorts of other random shit lol. I've been a complete fucking mess for 5 of our 7 games this season, only NO + ATL have been games I've been able to relax somewhat, but even when we're up, I'm still a very animated person. I love my team A LOT.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 24 2017 10:48am
Gold: 17.00
Oct 24 2017 10:49am
I'm hopin this next man up stuff lights a fire under gilmore now. dudes got paid for fuck all. At least Butler is starting to play better.
Oct 24 2017 10:49am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 12:46pm)
I'm still in shock man. My buddy who's a pretty emotionless guy had this shit-eating grin on his face. Just looked at him and was like "man, that's not how I saw this going" and he's all "FUCK no, you kidding me? I thought we were both going to be stressing hard again."

Last few games have been bad, he's always physically calm, but dying on the inside and you can see it if you know him. I'm the opposite, I'll be pacing back and forth like crazy, running my hands through my hair and shaking it up, or all sorts of other random shit lol. I've been a complete fucking mess for 5 of our 7 games this season, only NO + ATL have been games I've been able to relax somewhat, but even when we're up, I'm still a very animated person. I love my team A LOT.

<3
Oct 24 2017 10:50am
Quote (Flopps @ Oct 24 2017 08:49am)
<3

Right back at you big sexy <3
Oct 24 2017 10:55am
Quote (Flopps @ Oct 24 2017 12:34pm)
Steelers are getting hot right now and their defense is clean

>.<

E/ Josh you gotta remember those close games ate division rivals,
I watch almost every Steelers game bc of my sister and division games are just tricky to judge.

They're so reminiscent of how the jets give us problems

exactly.

@jadeoshbogosh, (couldn't quote you because post length lol)

it's funny because we couldnever seem to slow down Denvers running game, first it was Knowsean Moreno and Ronnie Hillman, then it was Montee Ball and (mostly) C.J. Anderson... C.J. anderson specifically gives us nightmares. For some reason the thought of playing a playoff game there is just nerve racking. lol. glad we don't have to deal with that this year (we play them in the regular season but highly unlikely we play them in the playoffs). Steelers, Chiefs and Raiders are really the only teams that concern me in the AFC. Not really scared of any team in the AFC south, we already beat the texans and the jags are too inconsistent. Ravens are dogshit this year, so no worries there either, their offense is probaby the worst i've seen it since they drafted Flacco. Bills are a wild card, figuratively and possibly literally lol. I'm guilty of not having watched a Bills game yet this year but I've heard good things about their defense and their offense doesn't make a lot of mistakes, we'll know more once we play them.

you forgot to mention the 'Dola, one of the best 3rd down WRs in the NFL this year (only behind Keenan Allen), I posted a stat/fun fact about him on the last page.

Oct 24 2017 10:57am
Quote (biznatch112 @ Oct 24 2017 12:49pm)
I'm hopin this next man up stuff lights a fire under gilmore now. dudes got paid for fuck all. At least Butler is starting to play better.

it's a shame he got hurt after his best game of the season, he played man coverage on Mike Evans and held him to under 50 yards all game, than he got concussed in practice or something lol.

Butler has been great, if it weren't for him we could've definitely lost to the Jets.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev15565575585595601153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll