d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official New England Patriots Fan Thread
Prev15555565575585591153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 147,365.89
Oct 23 2017 10:10pm
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 23 2017 11:20am)
both, Atlanta blowing a 17 pt lead or w/e to Miami last weekend says it all. this atlanta team is SHOOK. Our defense will still struggle vs a few remaining opponents, wait til we play Pittsburgh IN Pitt. Oakland in Mexico could be tough too. We just have to take care of our divisional games and we walk into the playoffs. Hopefully go 5-1 in the division (prob lose to the Bills or Dolphins once).

we may be getting tickets to the pitt one >.>
Gold: 1.01
Warn: 10%
Oct 24 2017 02:41am
apparently everyone missed the patriots equipment people buying 328 fog machines at party city on friday
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Oct 24 2017 03:17am
Quote (BobScacamano @ Oct 24 2017 04:41am)
apparently everyone missed the patriots equipment people buying 328 fog machines at party city on friday

Lol
Gold: 250.00
Oct 24 2017 09:40am
Soooo, are these ranking sites retarded, or what?

ESPN has us at #1, which I don't get, because we trashed a team who's obviously struggling, they've lost 3 in a fucking row to the AFCE, and then NFL has us at 5th, behind Eagles, LA, Steelers, KC, in that order? This is the same site that had us at 6th last week, with the fucking Panthers in 5th, who dropped to fucking 16 after one loss.

#1 is way to high, #5 is actually fine, but Steelers/Rams better than us? What? I honestly have us at 3rd-4th, pretty close. You know what, fuck it, I'm doing a comprehensive top 10 list. I might do the rest later, but this will be good for now.

#1 - Philadelphia Eagles - Pretty obvious why, they look great on both sides of the ball, Wentz looks like a different guy, and even with no huge name weapons, he's outproducing everyone, this kid could be the real deal. We'll see how he fairs in the playoffs, congrats to Eagles fans, I think it's finally time they finish with a 1st round bye and the #1 or #2 seed. Lots of football left, but they look completely dominant in the NFC.

#2 Kansas City Chiefs - Lost two in a row, but this week we know that they lost with a little bit of bullshit. Yes, all the calls at the end of the game were legit, but there was plenty of wrong before that and KC ALWAYS struggles in OAK, they always will probably. Chiefs only real concern is their aggressiveness. They need to chill the fuck out and stop committing so many penalties, if they can get that under control, they're easily the #1 team again.

#3 New England Patriots - This team always gets better as the season progresses. Run defense has looked stacked now for 3 weeks in a row, Martin had a decent day, but once again, NE has suffered with letting off 1-5 big plays every game, something that was finally eliminated against the most explosive offense we've seen (maybe not this year, but they have the potential to be). Secondary still had lots of issues, dropped passes and overthrown balls helped NE run away with this one, not great defensive plays, although, we did make some great plays here and there.

#4 Minnesota Vikings - This team continues to impress me on both sides of the ball. Rushing attack looks stellar, Keenum is being an effective manager with other options being out. should have another easy win this week to heal up a bit more before they face some stiff competition.

#5 Pittsburgh Steelers - With wins over two of the teams listed above the Steelers, it's understandable that people could believe they deserve to be higher. Lets not forget that they lost to the Bears, got blown out by the Jags and barely beat the Browns (which is what really hurts them).

#6 Los Angeles Rams - Did anyone see this coming? 5-2 fucking LA Rams? I sure as fuck didn't lol. It's hard to be sold on a team who's struggled against other +2 teams, but it's hard to argue how great they've looked defensively the last two weeks. Near loses to the Skins/Niners/Cowboys lowers that a bit behind the Steelers, but the win on the road in Jacksonville by double digits was home, followed by doing what a good team should do, shutting out and shit stomping a bad team.

#7 Seattle Seahawks - Seattle has looked hit and miss, and while they looked impressive over their win against the Giants, there's nothing to be too proud of here. Anything other than a big victory going against a team with an already struggling offense who's now missing their 1,2 and 3rd ranked WRs is nothing to be all that proud of. Playing good football though and I look forward to seeing what they can do next week with Houston coming to town, should be an interesting matchup and a great chance to see how good Seattle's secondary is.

#8 New Orleans Saints - The Saints have won four in a row after a depressingly bad 0-2 start. However, their two loses did come to two of the teams currently in my top 5. They've looked impressive four weeks in a row now. While I'll admit, I missed this most recent game against GB, and had no desire to watch a GB team without Rodgers (too painful for me), another win helps sure up their position as a top 10 team at this point in the season.

#9 Buffalo Bills - It's hard to know how good this team really is with who they've played so far. Originally, this looked like the beginning of the season was going to be their toughest stretch, with Atlanta, Carolina, and Denver, unfortunately, all of those teams have been woefully inconsistent and are all short of our top 10. Both loses the Bills have suffered this year were one score loses and. That being said, their largest winning differential is only 10 points, and they haven't looked like a force to be reckoned with in many of their outings. We'll see how they do down the stretch with two matches against Brady and Bellichick and against Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

#10 Jacksonville Jaguars - This was a hard one, I looked at a lot of different options, and finally have settled on the Jags for my #10 spot. In every single one of their wins, the Jags have completely dismantled the opposing team from start to finish and never once gave their opponents a glimpse at victory, effectively killing their momentum and hope. This team has been frustrating though, even though they've looked amazing in four of their outings, the only impressive team they've beaten thus far is the Steelers. They had a convincing win over Houston, who just barely missed the top 10, but that was pre-Watson and they were garbage without him at the helm. Regardless of the inconsistent level of play on offense, there's one insane standout when looking at this team, and that's the entire fucking defense. 10 sacks in two different games now? Are you out of your mind Jacksonville? Campbell is currently #1 league for sacks in the league, and they've still got Ngakoue at #9. Kind of hard to count out Jacksonville when they've got two players on the top 10 list for sacks, and 33 combined team sacks in 7 games.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Oct 24 2017 09:50am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 11:40am)
Soooo, are these ranking sites retarded, or what?

ESPN has us at #1, which I don't get, because we trashed a team who's obviously struggling, they've lost 3 in a fucking row to the AFCE, and then NFL has us at 5th, behind Eagles, LA, Steelers, KC, in that order? This is the same site that had us at 6th last week, with the fucking Panthers in 5th, who dropped to fucking 16 after one loss.

#1 is way to high, #5 is actually fine, but Steelers/Rams better than us? What? I honestly have us at 3rd-4th, pretty close. You know what, fuck it, I'm doing a comprehensive top 10 list. I might do the rest later, but this will be good for now.

#1 - Philadelphia Eagles

#2 Kansas City Chiefs

#3 New England Patriots

#4 Minnesota Vikings

#6 Los Angeles Rams

#7 Seattle Seahawks

#8 New Orleans Saints

#10 Jacksonville Jaguars

I've found Vegas is more accurate than these random Power rankings sites (NFL, ESPN, SI, etc)... If vegas odds for SB favorite were power rankings, it would be 1. Patriots 2. Steelers 3. Eagles/Chiefs (tie), which I think is pretty accurate.

NFL.com having the Rams that high is kind of a joke. Also ESPN having the Vikings that high is kind of dumb too. You shouldn't be that high on the power rankings when your QB is Jared Goff or Case Keenum.

Just my opinion feel free to disagree. I do believe the patriots are the best team in the NFL, but not by a big margin or anything, chiefs and steelers are right there with us IMO. vegas agrees, call me a homer, w/e i don't give a fuck.
Oct 24 2017 09:55am
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 07:50am)
I've found Vegas is more accurate than these random Power rankings sites (NFL, ESPN, SI, etc)... If vegas odds for SB favorite were power rankings, it would be 1. Patriots 2. Steelers 3. Eagles/Chiefs (tie), which I think is pretty accurate.

NFL.com having the Rams that high is kind of a joke. Also ESPN having the Vikings that high is kind of dumb too. You shouldn't be that high on the power rankings when your QB is Jared Goff or Case Keenum.

Just my opinion feel free to disagree. I do believe the patriots are the best team in the NFL, but not by a big margin or anything, chiefs and steelers are right there with us IMO. vegas agrees, call me a homer, w/e i don't give a fuck.

It's not that we're the "best" team, it's that we have the best odds to win the SB, which we do every single year, because BB/Brady have continued proving it over and over again that we can win every single fucking year. We've been to 6 AFC championships in a row, and 3 SBs during that time, 2 of which we won. Ofc they're the most favored money-wise against a team with zero playoff experience, and a team with bad playoff experience. Same reason they've got Steelers above Eagles/KC, since they value SB experience/wins over how a good team actually is, because experience does play a huge factor in big games. The question is who is the best team right now though, how would you stack them up, that's how rankings work. Vegas future odds like you're looking at is who will be the best team by the end of the year, who has the best chance of winning the SB, and A LOT of that is influenced by how people bet, where the money is coming in.

You really think the Steelers who lost to Chicago and almost the Browns are better than the Eagles/KC who have looked insane?
Oct 24 2017 09:56am
oh those are your power rankings? oh. lol, idk how you can put the vikings over the steelers... other than that, good list, don't have a problem with the rest. Top 4 teams have to NE, KC, Pitt, Philly, in whatever order IMO. Had Rodgers not got injured I'd have GB at 5 or maybe higher.
Oct 24 2017 09:58am
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 07:56am)
oh those are your power rankings? oh. lol, idk how you can put the vikings over the steelers... other than that, good list, don't have a problem with the rest. Top 4 teams have to NE, KC, Pitt, Philly, in whatever order IMO. Had Rodgers not got injured I'd have GB at 5 or maybe higher.

GB with Rodgers is always top 5 or at worst, top 8 lol. No rodgers, no top 10 though. Would be hard justifying putting them in the top 15. That team is injured to all fucking hell and literally the only thing that still made them a contender was that they had the unquestioned best QB in the game behind center. Brady > Rodgers career, but right now, no one throws, stays calms, runs when necessary, launches it 70 fucking yards like Rodgers does. The man is a God.
Oct 24 2017 10:01am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 24 2017 11:55am)

You really think the Steelers who lost to Chicago and almost the Browns are better than the Eagles/KC who have looked insane?

I think the Steelers are equal with Eagles/KC, not necessarily better. I watched the entire KC vs Pitt game, Pitt made KC's defense looked pedestrian and held Alex Smith & that offense to like 20 yards of total offense in the first half. Just my opinion, my point about Vegas was they know who the good teams are lol. like you said, it's influenced by $$$.

Chicago isn't terrible, they just raped the Panthers who beat us... lol...

Browns are ass though I'll chalk that up to a fluke game (didn't watch that one).

Just my two cents
Oct 24 2017 10:11am
Quote (AmineA @ Oct 24 2017 08:01am)
I think the Steelers are equal with Eagles/KC, not necessarily better. I watched the entire KC vs Pitt game, Pitt made KC's defense looked pedestrian and held Alex Smith & that offense to like 20 yards of total offense in the first half. Just my opinion, my point about Vegas was they know who the good teams are lol. like you said, it's influenced by $$$.

Chicago isn't terrible, they just raped the Panthers who beat us... lol...

Browns are ass though I'll chalk that up to a fluke game (didn't watch that one).

Just my two cents

Ya, I know the Bears aren't that bad, but Carolina always gets for w/e fucking reason, more help than God from the zebras when they come to NE, it's been two times in a row now where the refs have handed the fucking game to Cam. Ya, we fucked up with the hands to the face that would have ended the game, but they NEVER get holding calls when Cam runs, and their grabs our guys by their necks, and our receivers can't run a pick or touch anyone without picking up an OPI, but their guys can knock our players off their routes or trip defensive players with no penalties ever getting thrown. I fucking hate Carolina. They're not a good team imo. Steelers v KC was close, but that's ALWAYS a close game man, those teams battle the fuck out of each other. We just shit stomp Steelers, and they have been falling apart in the playoffs for the past decade, where I think the Eagles + KC are going to go on a roll this year vs whoever they play to start. Hoping we start with a bye and homefield. I know the Steelers won less than a decade ago, but they really haven't looked all that great since then, and they're totally wasting one of the best offensive duo talents we've seen in history. Ben seems like he's just not himself anymore, but still, with those kind of threats, and even their 2nd tier receiver would be god tier in NE. They've got some serious fiewpoer to be having close games with the bengals/browns.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev15555565575585591153Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll