d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1292929302931293229333169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 03:40pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 17 2019 02:46pm)
Stolen wages, stolen labor value, stolen land, stolen resources. Society has already paid for it. There's no reason to enrich someone else anymore. It's not stealing. It's taking it back.

Thanks Jimmy.

wait. so if someone has no job and is incredibly impoverished they deserve food that their not providing labor to society for?

i think you'd have a point, albeit one i'd disagree with, that the working class deserves free stuff to compensate the unpaid value of their labor. but this seems geared towards the destitute.
Gold: 10.77
Apr 17 2019 03:43pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 02:40pm)
wait. so if someone has no job and is incredibly impoverished they deserve food that their not providing labor to society for?

i think you'd have a point, albeit one i'd disagree with, that the working class deserves free stuff to compensate the unpaid value of their labor. but this seems geared towards the destitute.

• Yes, that is my point

• to that secondary point, can you first explain to me how someone, on average, ends up in a state of destitution and joblessness? Then we can discuss the merits of their continued starvation vs mutual aid.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Apr 17 2019 03:44pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 03:51pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 17 2019 03:43pm)
• Yes, that is my point

• to that secondary point, can you first explain to me how someone, on average, ends up in a state of destitution and joblessness? Then we can discuss the merits of their continued starvation vs mutual aid.

obviously laziness and bad bloodline.

but for real tho if i had to bet i'd guess the group of people hypothetically taking advantage of this (and that's assuming there's even an increase in crime) would be the serially unemployed. all im saying is that if a person is unpaid for their labor, fine, but that means this law should only apply to people who've been consistently employed, and there's no way that's the case. the opposite i'd bet is reality.

on the whole i'm a BIG prosecutorial discretion guy, but i need to see some serious plans for deferred judgement here. community service, something.
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 17 2019 04:37pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 17 Apr 2019 05:28)
We shouldn't risk our blood and treasure on the KSA's behalf to fight their proxy war for them, but that's no reason to stop supplying them and staying in the air. Crushing the Houthis should be a priority now that ISIS is gone. Its one war we lose nothing from dragging on, theres no troops dying to IEDs, no migrant crisis, just more dead America/Israel/Jew hating Shia radicals

Plus the Saudis being overextended has always geopolitically played to our favor and given us leverage. Why stop the two sides from weakening each other? Israel only exists on the principle of divide and conquer

I gotta disagree emphatically on this one. Sure, fuck the America/Israel/Jew hating Shia radicals. They are scum, they are our enemies, I wont shed a tear for them. But Sunni radicals are just as bad, and perhaps even more dangerous because they have larger funds and a larger pool of potential soldiers at their disposal. And those Sunni radicals are, essentially, sitting in the Saudi leadership. Not necessarily MBS (who is a scumbag and imho one of the most dangerous persons on the planet, but not a religious fanatic), but other members of the Saudi royal family; and/or rich businessmen from KSA. The Saudis, as well as other Gulf monarchies, have been funding literal terrorists like Al Quaida, ISIS and others for decades, and they have been trying to spread their medieval interpretation of Islam around the world, particularly in Europe and SE Asia.

At the end of the day, both Sunni and Shia radicals are our enemies, and one side getting the upper hand is not in our best interest. Moreover, the completely impoverished people of Yemen are largely not Houthis, they are innocent victims suffering needlessly from the brutal attacks that the Saudi forces are launching with superior technology (which the West has provided them). So even if this war was a geostrategical boon (a view that I am not sold on), the civilian casualties and suffering, the humanitarian crisis, would still make for a compelling argument against this war.

Apr 17 2019 04:38pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 02:51pm)
obviously laziness and bad bloodline.

but for real tho if i had to bet i'd guess the group of people hypothetically taking advantage of this (and that's assuming there's even an increase in crime) would be the serially unemployed. all im saying is that if a person is unpaid for their labor, fine, but that means this law should only apply to people who've been consistently employed, and there's no way that's the case. the opposite i'd bet is reality.

on the whole i'm a BIG prosecutorial discretion guy, but i need to see some serious plans for deferred judgement here. community service, something.

Let's get to my question: who are the serially unemployed?
Gold: 285.00
Apr 17 2019 04:47pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 17 2019 05:38pm)
Let's get to my question: who are the serially unemployed?

A lot of hillbillies and ghetto dwellers. Families that are triple OG in the welfare game. They know the system better than us social workers. They would make great case managers. I would be a great professional patient if I ever became antisocial and became serially unemployed. I broke my neck in the army and am already receiving a pension I could just quit and get a handout from the state if I wanted to live as a parasite.

Third level of the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness: Weapons, wood working, and welfare avoidance. I am great at all three.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 17 2019 04:48pm
Apr 17 2019 04:51pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 17 2019 03:47pm)
A lot of hillbillies and ghetto dwellers. Families that are triple OG in the welfare game. They know the system better than us social workers. They would make great case managers. I would be a great professional patient if I ever became antisocial and became serially unemployed. I broke my neck in the army and am already receiving a pension I could just quit and get a handout from the state if I wanted to live as a parasite.

Third level of the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness: Weapons, wood working, and welfare avoidance. I am great at all three.

So there's one example. You sacrificed your body to defend and expand corporate wealth. It wouldn't be stealing.

Other examples?
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 17 2019 04:54pm

Apr 17 2019 04:59pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 03:54pm)

The people who work hardest are the people who are paid least.
Gold: 1,307.69
Apr 17 2019 05:02pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 17 2019 06:59pm)
The people who work hardest are the people who are paid least.

The people who work hardest usually get decent wages. Dumb kids messing up orders at Burger King don’t work hard.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1292929302931293229333169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll