d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1292829292930293129323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,189.49
Apr 17 2019 11:11am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 11:03am)
is it free? not sarcastic, i'm not sure of the cost/benefit relationship between us and the Saudis in all of this. I would think surveilance and bombing runs are costing us, if we're the ones doing them. but iunno

Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 11:06am)
Other than minimal surveillance, I thought we were just selling arms to them?

I'm not sure. I'm assuming its a net positive financial gain for us even in terms of primary costs/benefits (they buy more weapons than support we provide).
iirc the main support the US was providing was 'selling weapons', 'providing intelligence' and 'refueling airplanes in mid-air'

But its definitely a net positive when you factor in the impact on oil prices.
Geopolitical relationships are complicated and US politicians don't fall into any sort of absolutism, so even when Obama was attempting to realign the US to have a relationship with Iran, he was still invested in the war in Yemen on MBS's behalf. It should show that some interventions are agreed upon by both sides, but politically toxic, and we wind up with nonsense like this veto.

Its pretty absurd to see the tears being shed for the Houthis on social media though.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 17 2019 11:12am
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 11:16am
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 17 2019 11:11am)
I'm not sure. I'm assuming its a net positive financial gain for us even in terms of primary costs/benefits (they buy more weapons than support we provide).
iirc the main support the US was providing was 'selling weapons', 'providing intelligence' and 'refueling airplanes in mid-air'

But its definitely a net positive when you factor in the impact on oil prices.
Geopolitical relationships are complicated and US politicians don't fall into any sort of absolutism, so even when Obama was attempting to realign the US to have a relationship with Iran, he was still invested in the war in Yemen on MBS's behalf. It should show that some interventions are agreed upon by both sides, but politically toxic, and we wind up with nonsense like this veto.

Its pretty absurd to see the tears being shed for the Houthis on social media though.

https://www.albawaba.com/sites/default/files/im/Jordan_2017/houthi_flag.JPG

this makes up the entirety of my guess. nominal gain or nominal loss on transactions, marginal to substantial gain when oil prices are factored in.

If i was the saudis i'd kill Elon Musk any way possible, once we get nearer sustainability off US reserves or even Venezuela stabilizes they might just be fucked. no more POTUS crawling over to hold the glowing orb. just a f you and good luck like the Soviets gave the Afghans.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 17 2019 11:41am
keep our promise to the kurds, literally the only middle eastern major faction worth supporting?

nah, we immediately need to retreat from a region that russia and also turkey have a vested interest in.

keep supporting the most radical and oppressive theocracy there is, help them commit genocide in yemen? continue this unimaginable man-made humanitarian crisis?

yes, that's something worth defying congress for, after all 'we don't lose anything' if we support a murderous government killing tens of thousands of brown women and children.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 17 2019 12:18pm
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mikegiglio/inside-wagner-mercenaries-russia-ukraine-syria-prighozhin

Good(and long) article on the Wagner Group, a Russian mercenary army that has operated in Ukraine, Syria, and Africa. They're the guys we bombed a year or so ago in Syria.
Gold: 22,189.49
Apr 17 2019 01:06pm
http://www.fox4news.com/news/business-owners-have-mixed-reactions-to-dallas-county-das-new-policies

New Dallas D.A. has unveiled a decriminalization policy that says they will no longer prosecute a list of crimes, including "theft of necessary items up to $750."

Cody Ellison and his business partner own three shops in the Bishop Arts District. The DA's letter to the people of Dallas County does not sit well with him.
“To have the thought of someone being able to come in and steal $750 from us and there be no consequence is unfathomable to me,” Ellison said.
The DA’s letter says: "Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community’s health and safety. For that reason, this office will not prosecute theft of personal items less than $750 unless the evidence shows that the alleged theft was for economic gain."
“They say essentials,” Ellison said. “For us, essentials are clothing. People have to have clothing.”
Ellison questions why the DA set such a high dollar amount for prosecution.
“This is not a victimless crime,” he said.
The district attorney tried to clarify his new policy.
“Maybe I should say consumption items. Maybe we should have put that word in there,” Creuzot said. “We're talking about food and formula that people need to live. Maybe I didn't put enough words in when I said personal items. Maybe I should have said personal consumption items.”

So in Dallas, you can literally walk into a supermarket, steal a few hundred dollars of groceries, and walk out. If they try to stop you, say you're stealing to feed your kids.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 01:18pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 17 2019 01:06pm)
http://www.fox4news.com/news/business-owners-have-mixed-reactions-to-dallas-county-das-new-policies

New Dallas D.A. has unveiled a decriminalization policy that says they will no longer prosecute a list of crimes, including "theft of necessary items up to $750."

So in Dallas, you can literally walk into a supermarket, steal a few hundred dollars of groceries, and walk out. If they try to stop you, say you're stealing to feed your kids.

hey Texans of PARD. I "need" a PS4, and I "want" it about 100$ shipped worth.
Apr 17 2019 01:18pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 17 2019 02:06pm)

Gold: 1.69
Apr 17 2019 02:42pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 16 Apr 2019 23:05)
afaik, the fans of wwe skew towards minorities and poor people - both demographics which lean democratic.

this
Gold: 10.77
Apr 17 2019 02:46pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 17 2019 12:06pm)

Stolen wages, stolen labor value, stolen land, stolen resources. Society has already paid for it. There's no reason to enrich someone else anymore. It's not stealing. It's taking it back.

Thanks Jimmy.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1292829292930293129323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll