d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Challenging Uber Tristram Runs > No More Easy Mode Smiters
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2014 01:04pm
Quote (jas2 @ Jun 19 2014 05:38pm)
(...)as far as I'm aware, I don't think anyone has done it with a non-summoner necro, so that would be cool, other than that, I think everything else has been done.

and yet, I know someone who did it with a level 30 paladin...

and another fool did it with an unskilled char - who could as well have been a necromancer (was a sorc actually, with lower breakpoints than necro) !

and I've heard about people doing it naked (a team work) :huh:

Gold: 3,134.00
Jun 19 2014 01:17pm
Quote (feanur @ 19 Jun 2014 19:04)

and another fool did it with an unskilled char - who could as well have been a necromancer (was a sorc actually, with lower breakpoints than necro) !

and I've heard about people doing it naked (a team work)  :huh:

:thumbsup:
Gold: 109.01
Jun 20 2014 01:29pm
Quote (Agguh @ Jun 19 2014 11:55am)
Thanks, yes I don't like act 2 merc anymore..

right here, bowazon will be my 2nd or 3rd character ;)

Dont forget your mask of horrors for the flee (or rattlecage) , that mod will keep thespawn crap off your bowzon :) . Also due to the next delay for strafe being 4fpa on single targets, your better off slowing down your attack to gain moar (max speed strafe being 3fpa means you'd hit every 6 seconds. (if they dont block ar is good enough) damage. Look at a ias calc before you finalize your gear. THis play I look forward to seeing.

Nice job on the barb. :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Jun 20 2014 01:30pm
Gold: 21.00
Jun 20 2014 04:53pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ Jun 20 2014 09:29pm)
Dont forget your mask of horrors for the flee (or rattlecage) , that mod will keep thespawn  crap off your bowzon :) . Also due to the next delay for strafe being 4fpa on single targets, your better off slowing down your attack to gain moar  (max speed strafe being 3fpa means you'd hit every 6 seconds. (if they dont block ar is good enough)  damage.  Look at a ias calc before you finalize your gear. THis play I look forward to seeing.

Nice job on the barb.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for advices, don't think that I will be at risk of attacking too fast with my gear though :)
Also I've been thinking about using guided arrow as well, not sure yet, have never really used it.
Gold: 555.91
Jun 20 2014 06:07pm
Quote (feanur @ 19 Jun 2014 21:04)

and I've heard about people doing it naked (a team work)  :huh:

wow naked chars doing uber-runs, thats actually a worthy and pretty fun challenge :thumbsup:
could be fun to see such challenges actually.
Jun 21 2014 04:22am
Quote (Shadowfaxe24 @ Jun 21 2014 02:07am)
wow naked chars doing uber-runs, thats actually a worthy and pretty fun challenge  :thumbsup:
could be fun to see such challenges actually.

If someone hasn't seen it yet:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=33952107&f=102
Gold: 11,211.00
Jun 21 2014 04:46am
Yeah I saw it time ago :-p itwas amazing
Jun 26 2014 05:31pm
The time has come to announce my next Uber Tristram character, without further ado, I would like to introduce:

DagguhAgguh - Trang-Oul's Summon Necromancer

I love this set, and the vampire form looks very cool, I love the way people shoot at me or get freaked out in public games and I have never seen a freaking vampire do the ubers, so this is something I really wanted to try.
To be honest, having watched some uber runs with a necromancer I expected this to be by far the easiest character from what I have planned to do, but I turned out to be wrong.
I have already 'done' 2 ubers runs with him that failed completely.
Doing this reminded of my naked summoner walkthrough, where the kill speed got pathetic in hell. Then I've learnt that a fallen from bloodmoor with only 1 point into revives is much stronger than 20/20 skeletons, so I had some concerns going to ubers without all this godly gear that everyone is using..
First my run I had MAJOR problems killing every single uber, even Izual and Duriel, just because of their regen, few skeleton mages I had were getting focused immedeately so there was not much I could do. After about 1.5 hour long fight we've managed to kill 5 ubers, but baal with his huge defence was too much.
For the second time I was disappointed with my skeletons performance, so I respeced for poison with maxed revives, socketed my mercs weapon with an um, first 3 ubers were killed very easily, we managed to kill Izual even without using any urdars, however, this time poison immune Mephisto was too much.
I got him down to like 2% of health once, but then OW didn't proc, and he regenerated his health back and I had to admit one more failure.
Now I think I have learnt my lessons and for the third time we will be successful.

This is my final set up:
Full Trang-Oul's set, shield socketed with an um.
Arm of King Leoric
Wizzardspike on switch with one more Trang-Oul's shield (for Mephisto)
Marrowalks +2
15 all res ring
Random ring with 40 life, lightning and cold res
(I've been trying to get bk rings for 3 days but without using jsp it was just impossible)
Teleport charges amulet with +2 curses and some insignificant mod
Inventory filled with fhr, resist and life charms.
Fhr is very important for this build because the set gives 0 and the breakpoints in vampire form are just terrible.

Act 2 Might mercenary using this:
Tomb Reaver (um+amn)
Upped Shaftstop
Guillaume's face
Ummed Kira's Guardian (for Mephisto)
Upped Crow Caw(for Mephisto and maybe Lilith)

My skill set up:
Max raise skeleton, skeleton mastery, revives
1 point into poison nova
1 point in all needed curses, clay golem, golem mastery, summon resist
remaining 18 points into bone armor synergy (since I'm planning to do it alone eventually)

The amount of planning and preparation I have already put into this character is huge.
Also you should not forget huge cost of repairing my amulet which is about 1 million gold for 1 uber run, but I think I am fully prepared now.
Stay tuned for updates and (I am sure) a successful run video. :)
Jun 28 2014 02:38pm
Success!!!!
Trang-Oul's Summon Necromancer Uber Trist Run (with Peco):
http://www.twitch.tv/agguh/c/4555561

Feel free to skip army summoning parts if the video is too long for you.
One crazy close call at 32:50, forgot to switch to wizzy and was reading twitch chat when I saw the lightning drop my health almost to 0, other than that the run went very well.
Been saving the urdars for Lilith, that's why I fought Izual and Duriel with some random mobs. For uber trist I got some crazy urdar packs so it was very good.

Doing it solo will be very hard. Howl and bo helps so much for this build.. And I rely on mercenary to kill Mephisto and I don't think I will be able to keep him alive even with um'ed kiras, but we'll see :)
Gold: 321.01
Warn: 30%
Jun 28 2014 06:04pm
Quote (Agguh @ Jun 28 2014 09:38pm)
Success!!!!
Trang-Oul's Summon Necromancer Uber Trist Run (with Peco):
[URL=http://www.twitch.tv/agguh/c/4555561]http://www.twitch.tv/agguh/c/4555561[/URL]

Feel free to skip army summoning parts if the video is too long for you.
One crazy close call at 32:50, forgot to switch to wizzy and was reading twitch chat when I saw the lightning drop my health almost to 0, other than that the run went very well.
Been saving the urdars for Lilith, that's why I fought Izual and Duriel with some random mobs. For uber trist I got some crazy urdar packs so it was very good.

Doing it solo will be very hard. Howl and bo helps so much for this build.. And I rely on mercenary to kill Mephisto and I don't think I will be able to keep him alive even with um'ed kiras, but we'll see :)

yeah as you already highlighted, it will be a completely different story when you try it solo. You wanted challenging UT runs and this is taking the easy way out. far too easy with a barb supporting you howling and stunning and giving shout & bo. Nice start though.

post the vid when you do UT and the mini-ubers solo, should be fun.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll