d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1363336343635363636375001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 27 2020 03:28pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 04:11pm)
You can also suck this big baguette, if you know what baguette really means in french.

"Le Petit Pain"
Warn: 30%
Mar 27 2020 03:33pm
Quote (IceMage @ 27 Mar 2020 22:13)
Again, more of your "let me burn any bridges that appear in the world". I can't believe a supporter of Bernie Sanders has this sort of attitude. :rolleyes:

People under 18 who are useful to political interests get taken advantage of. Regardless of the merits, kids shouldn't be held up by politicians as pawns in the game of politics. It's gross. They don't have the intelligence or independence to make these decisions for themselves... they can't consent to being used this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-VzZ45MwI

sorry to tell you, but pard is not "the world", and again, it really reveals more about you than about me if you consider a simple disagreement as 'burning bridges'. i'm here to discuss politics, not to compromise my views for the sake of being e-buddies with some rand from across the globe. if you have good arguments, present them, i will happily read and think about them, but if they don't convince me i won't tip toe around your feelings, just to keep my fanclub of butthurt idiots small.

back to topic, i think there is a difference between someone who's genuinely passionate about something, and someone who has clearly just been indoctrinated by their parents / teachers, and you generally get a pretty good sense where they are coming from when you listen to them dealing with critical questions concerning their cause / passion. i generally agree that using kids as political props is gross, no matter if you support or reject the cause, but again, it's important to distinguish if that is actually the case, or just an excuse to dismiss something you simply don't like to be confronted with.

i could say that this kind of unreflected and arrogant dismissal of something that doesn't fit your narrative is typical of a biden supporter who thinks they are entitled to something they have no credibility on, but that would probably be to broad (and petty) of a statement...
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 27 2020 03:39pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 04:11pm)
You can also suck this big baguette, if you know what baguette really means in french.

Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 27 2020 04:28pm)
"Le Petit Pain"

LMAO!
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 27 2020 03:40pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 27 2020 02:13pm)
Again, more of your "let me burn any bridges that appear in the world". I can't believe a supporter of Bernie Sanders has this sort of attitude. :rolleyes:

People under 18 who are useful to political interests get taken advantage of. Regardless of the merits, kids shouldn't be held up by politicians or activists as pawns in the game of politics. It's gross. They don't have the intelligence or independence to make these decisions for themselves... they can't consent to being used this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu-VzZ45MwI

God I love my Senator. For someone who leans right, Feinstein is about as good as it gets for California. We could do SO much worse.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 27 2020 03:42pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 27 2020 05:33pm)
sorry to tell you, but pard is not "the world", and again, it really reveals more about you than about me if you consider a simple disagreement as 'burning bridges'. i'm here to discuss politics, not to compromise my views for the sake of being e-buddies with some rand from across the globe. if you have good arguments, present them, i will happily read and think about them, but if they don't convince me i won't tip toe around your feelings, just to keep my fanclub of butthurt idiots small.

back to topic, i think there is a difference between someone who's genuinely passionate about something, and someone who has clearly just been indoctrinated by their parents / teachers, and you generally get a pretty good sense where they are coming from when you listen to them dealing with critical questions concerning their cause / passion. i generally agree that using kids as political props is gross, no matter if you support or reject the cause, but again, it's important to distinguish if that is actually the case, or just an excuse to dismiss something you simply don't like to be confronted with.

i could say that this kind of unreflected and arrogant dismissal of something that doesn't fit your narrative is typical of a biden supporter who thinks they are entitled to something they have no credibility on, but that would probably be to broad (and petty) of a statement...

You can do whatever, there's just usually a sense of decorum among people. Perhaps a degree of "picking your battles". If the person who you argue with all the time posts something you basically agree with, you can nitpick the point of disagreement, or just focus on others. I get it though, you've shown yourself to be incapable of this sort of thing. That's fine with me.

And... the rest of your post just shows how silly and petty you are. At this point in my reply I'm wondering why I ever bothered to try to discuss issues with you in good faith. I thought all the regulars were just trolling you because you're abrasive and arrogant... now I'm thinking it's more than that.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 27 2020 03:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 27 2020 04:42pm)
You can do whatever, there's just usually a sense of decorum among people. Perhaps a degree of "picking your battles". If the person who you argue with all the time posts something you basically agree with, you can nitpick the point of disagreement, or just focus on others. I get it though, you've shown yourself to be incapable of this sort of thing. That's fine with me.

And... the rest of your post just shows how silly and petty you are. At this point in my reply I'm wondering why I ever bothered to try to discuss issues with you in good faith. I thought all the regulars were just trolling you because you're abrasive and arrogant... now I'm thinking it's more than that.

Welcome to the "butthurt idiots." Fanclub +1
Mar 27 2020 03:48pm
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 27 2020 05:40pm)
God I love my Senator. For someone who leans right, Feinstein is about as good as it gets for California. We could do SO much worse.

It's sort of amazing. The Republican party controls the White House and Senate... they call climate change a hoax. And progressives wonder why a Democratic senator isn't supporting a 50+ trillion dollar climate change bill.
Mar 27 2020 03:55pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 27 2020 05:45pm)
Welcome to the "butthurt idiots." Fanclub +1

Compromise is sacrilege among Trump and Bernie supporters... it would mean giving up the fight for a little while. Agreeing with the enemy is betrayal.
Warn: 30%
Mar 27 2020 04:07pm
Quote (IceMage @ 27 Mar 2020 22:42)

let me remind you that you were the one abandoning good faith, apparently based on the assumption that i wouldn't disagree with something just because i obviously agree with the other part of your post. again, it was entirely your choice to make this personal - my reply was entirely on topic, inquiring about the worldview underlying your assumptions.

it was also entirely your choice to completely ignore the actual issue (the question if greta thunberg is just a political pawn, as right wing propaganda suggests to dismiss her message, or if she fights for genuinely held and critically questioned beliefs) entirely, and exclusively focus on petty squabbling, acting entitled to having disagreements ignored for the sake of 'compromise', just so you won't join the circlejerk of butthurt idiots, who value their feelings over facts. sorry, but a fragile ego doesn't become a less pathetic reason to abandon debate just because others paved that way already...

Quote (IceMage @ 27 Mar 2020 22:55)
Compromise is sacrilege among Trump and Bernie supporters... it would mean giving up the fight for a little while. Agreeing with the enemy is betrayal.

and that post is the perfect example for my last point: the problem was never 'disagreeing for the sake of it' - that's a completely fabricated narrative that doesn't even remotely characterise the issue. as you yourself pointed out, we actually ARE in agreement about a significant portion of your post, so that whole statement you just made is pure ego protection.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 27 2020 04:22pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 27 Mar 2020 22:28)
"Le Petit Pain"

stick on this stick babe
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1363336343635363636375001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll