d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Diablo 3 Low Level Dueling > American Server
Prev1215216217218219221Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 733.00
Dec 13 2013 09:02am
Quote (Ir0nside @ Dec 13 2013 10:03am)
My barb goes 50/50 with the top geared WD's.

I agree monks get raped by barbs, haven't lots to one.

Demon hunters turrets are fine. DH's have no innate defense, if u catch them. U win, if u dont catch them, the turrets work u down.

Honestly, the issue is not balance. The dueling itself is fun. We just need objectives, and 2v2, if we had that it would probably be hella popular. Neways none of this really matters because after they swap the gear systems, no1 will be able to gear up an LLD to the standards of the current LLDs because 30 gear will be almost impossible to get.

And also, monks are really good, they are just extremely gear dependent. There's a monk on NA, who can kill every WD but wolfs, consistently. He's also insanely gear but, that's just the way it is with monks. We can always hope that blizz will give us a guy in town to talk to u stop exp, i think thats kinda a dream tho. Neways guys. Was fun. Hopefully we can keep doing it in the expo, If not well. :( Guess we will level 70 pvp.. . . . ... . . O.O

you know it wouldnt be a stretch to imagine them giving us a way to stop exp; they did it in WoW, and from the looks of it, theyre bringing alot of wow aspects in d3.

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Dec 13 2013 09:14am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 13 2013 12:58pm
This sounds kinda funny! Could someone link someones LLD char? Just wanna see what category of item-cost it has.
I'd like to try this, but can't afford too much..
// Gerner
Dec 16 2013 09:47am
Quote (Orvar @ Dec 13 2013 09:50am)
Hello, you lost to me, remember? :bonk:

Or wasn't that you? I think it was :o

I lost to ur WD and DH? (Only lost to ur DH with hota spec on having fun, beat u everytime i used rend spec) I didnt lose 1 round to ur monk or your barb. Also when that happened i had 1/3 of the gear i have now. If that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FknWizard-1925/hero/23827819

Thats the most geared monk i have ever seen, for sure has more gear that any1's monk has so far, He cannot take a round off my barb, can barely get my barb below 40% health. He even has 20+ regen bracers.

This post was edited by Ir0nside on Dec 16 2013 09:53am
Gold: 60,500.00
Dec 16 2013 11:17am
Quote (Ir0nside @ Dec 16 2013 04:47pm)
I lost to ur WD and DH? (Only lost to ur DH with hota spec on having fun, beat u everytime i used rend spec) I didnt lose 1 round to ur monk or your barb. Also when that happened i had 1/3 of the gear i have now. If that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FknWizard-1925/hero/23827819

Thats the most geared monk i have ever seen, for sure has more gear that any1's monk has so far, He cannot take a round off my barb, can barely get my barb below 40% health. He even has 20+ regen bracers.

You sure? I believe I got you with the inner sanctuary thing, so I could kinda make you waste your wrath of the berserker

Dec 29 2013 04:32am
something cute i just found out.

saw a youtube video of a guy using the enchanter. apparently, replacing an affix of a lvl 54 rare item only costs 3 tears, 3 shimmering essences and 10k gold. some of those affixes can roll -levels.from what it looks like, seems like enchanting stuff is essentially free. lets hope they release a no-experience-gain method :O

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Dec 29 2013 04:33am
Gold: 242.00
Dec 31 2013 06:38am
I'm interested in this LLD thing. I have always been under the assumption that D3 just didn't reel in the LLD crowd, but I guess I was wrong.

Let me know how I can get involved.

My opinion on the whole "Restrictions" topic

I think restrictions should be minimal until there's a unanimous decision made AFTER dueling has been extensively tested.

You guys jumped the gun to ban Markie/RS Jools before you even had a chance to see how it would play out to allow them.
I do agree with banning Spectrum just do the fact that it would become a standard to use it on just about every dueler... but in terms of Jools, they still allow flexibility.
Sure, it will become standard to use Markies or RS's, but D2 was no different with PSpirits, Robo Nagas, 3/xx/xx scs's, etc.
I think the D2 LLD model is something that should be mirrored because it was extremely successful and extremely fun.

Another perspective to put this in is... to me... LLD isn't just dueling 30's against 30's. To me, half the fun [In Diablo II] was pitting my 30 against 80's and 90's and winning.
If you ban Markies and RS's, this will be a lot harder and will limit LLD to just 30vs30.

Just my opinion. I mean, if you want these strict limitations for tourney duels only, that's perfectly fine... but casual LLD should not ban Markies & RS's.
Again, half the fun to me is being able to build a lvl 30 that is comparable to the average high level character.
Dec 31 2013 10:59pm
Quote (Blockinlick @ Dec 31 2013 08:38am)
I'm interested in this LLD thing. I have always been under the assumption that D3 just didn't reel in the LLD crowd, but I guess I was wrong.

Let me know how I can get involved.

My opinion on the whole "Restrictions" topic

I think restrictions should be minimal until there's a unanimous decision made AFTER dueling has been extensively tested. 

You guys jumped the gun to ban Markie/RS Jools before you even had a chance to see how it would play out to allow them.
I do agree with banning Spectrum just do the fact that it would become a standard to use it on just about every dueler... but in terms of Jools, they still allow flexibility.
Sure, it will become standard to use Markies or RS's, but D2 was no different with PSpirits, Robo Nagas, 3/xx/xx scs's, etc.
I think the D2 LLD model is something that should be mirrored because it was extremely successful and extremely fun.

Another perspective to put this in is... to me... LLD isn't just dueling 30's against 30's. To me, half the fun [In Diablo II] was pitting my 30 against 80's and 90's and winning.
If you ban Markies and RS's, this will be a lot harder and will limit LLD to just 30vs30.

Just my opinion. I mean, if you want these strict limitations for tourney duels only, that's perfectly fine... but casual LLD should not ban Markies & RS's.
Again, half the fun to me is being able to build a lvl 30 that is comparable to the average high level character.

This would be fine and dandy and lots of fun. Only 1 thing. NO level 30 character, (Or even level 48 Character which can use all the same gear as a level 60 character) Can ever, possibly, stand a chance in a duel. Not only because of the amount of skills u dont have / passives for the skills, but also because of the simple stats u gain thru leveling. A naked level 60 Can basically stomp the most geared level 30 character with full max level gems. And if u use max level gems in a 30 vs 30 duel, it COMPLETELY negates any of the gear you have gotten, because your basically 2 shotting eachother.

Also I've tested all the levels of gems, at least for level 30 dueling so im not sure where the notion it wasnt tested at all came from. We basically said that High level dueling 42 - 48 or w/e was pointless because of the testing we did. Controllers level 48 Geared out monk, couldnt kill my level 60 barb while naked. Red gems of max level in weapons at level 30 make it a 2 shot duel, 3 if both are geared out.

Neways yeah we tested the gems, theres no other option really. Sorry to disappoint.
Jan 2 2014 02:29pm
Quote (Ir0nside @ Dec 31 2013 11:59pm)
This would be fine and dandy and lots of fun. Only 1 thing. NO level 30 character, (Or even level 48 Character which can use all the same gear as a level 60 character) Can ever, possibly, stand a chance in a duel. Not only because of the amount of skills u dont have / passives for the skills, but also because of the simple stats u gain thru leveling. A naked level 60 Can basically stomp the most geared level 30 character with full max level gems. And if u use max level gems in a 30 vs 30 duel, it COMPLETELY negates any of the gear you have gotten, because your basically 2 shotting eachother.

Also I've tested all the levels of gems, at least for level 30 dueling so im not sure where the notion it wasnt tested at all came from. We basically said that High level dueling 42 - 48 or w/e was pointless because of the testing we did. Controllers level 48 Geared out monk, couldnt kill my level 60 barb while naked. Red gems of max level in weapons at level 30 make it a 2 shot duel, 3 if both are geared out.

Neways yeah we tested the gems, theres no other option really. Sorry to disappoint.

I see your point. Naked level 60's are still doing damage in the K's.
That kinda sucks tbh.

I'm still interested though. Someone who's involved with this shoot me a PM for add so I can get in on it when my 30 is done.
I'll follow the rules lol... until someone badmouths or BM's me, then I'll have an RS'ed weapon in stash for them lol.
Jan 3 2014 12:59am
Quote (Blockinlick @ Jan 2 2014 08:29pm)
I see your point. Naked level 60's are still doing damage in the K's.
That kinda sucks tbh.

I'm still interested though. Someone who's involved with this shoot me a PM for add so I can get in on it when my 30 is done.
I'll follow the rules lol... until someone  badmouths or BM's me, then I'll have an RS'ed weapon in stash for them lol.

also, the dueler with a higher level will be ignoring the lower levels armor and resist, meaning its damage wont be mitigated. basically a naked character doing 500 dmg will be doing a pure 500 to your face on each of its attacks while your 2.5k dmg will be reduced to probably something like 150

dueling a higher character in d3 isnt the same as in d2. so unless you plan to duel other people the same level as you, theres no point in making a lower level character, and seeing how reaper of souls will be changed, theres no point in starting a new character NOW when the format is on the verge of dying.

This post was edited by WereWolf12345 on Jan 3 2014 01:01am
Jan 3 2014 07:46am
when the format is on the verge of dying.

How so?
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev1215216217218219221Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll