d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1300301302303304340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Jul 24 2021 10:06pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jul 24 2021 11:00pm)
most of the people i see thinking this is a bad trade are big stat guys because his stats in buffalo are terrible
and will the flyers overpay him? the guy might be happy to be on a playoff team he might want to stick around and do so for a fair amount and hes 26 even if they give him term hes not 30+

but most of the stat guys are like look at his stats and that hell the same guys are saying ghost had better stats then him terrible trade rah rah
but you dont think risto on the flyers on a 2nd pair vs the sabers 1st pair isnt going to get better looking stats? how do you think ghosts stats would be on the sabers 1st pair?

im not that worried if that many gms were offering 1st rounder+ for him clearly they think hes a pretty good player and id say multiple nhl gms and their staff know better then some random athletic stats guys

Id say 10 or so gms are pretty fucking clueless on player values. Risto may not be as bad as advanced analytics dictate, but giving up 1st and 2nd for one year of a 2nd pairing dman is an overpay no matter how you look at it, and there's a chance he's worse than that.

Let's put it this way. Ellis cost less and hes a much better dman than risto.

This post was edited by 696969696969696969696969696969 on Jul 24 2021 10:07pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Jul 24 2021 10:14pm
proof they value size still lol
Gold: 10,995.01
Jul 24 2021 11:10pm
Quote (696969696969696969696969696969 @ Jul 25 2021 12:06am)
Id say 10 or so gms are pretty fucking clueless on player values. Risto may not be as bad as advanced analytics dictate, but giving up 1st and 2nd for one year of a 2nd pairing dman is an overpay no matter how you look at it, and there's a chance he's worse than that.

Let's put it this way. Ellis cost less and hes a much better dman than risto.

we dont know if its overpay or not those prospects might turn out straight ass and until he walks you cant really say just 1 year of him but its always a possibility
ellis cost less because hes 30 with like 6 years left on his contract that could turn out pretty bad in the later years and the players have potential if patrick can ever get his shit straight hes going to be one hell of a player

Quote (Secksii @ Jul 25 2021 12:14am)
proof they value size still lol

have you seen the flyers? they lack size their biggest players are couts and hayes and they arent exactly the most physical guys no shit the value size and physicality its something the team desperately needs not sure why your acting like this teams built like a goon squad
you know how shitty it is watching a team like the isles push around your roster cause they have big physical players and you dont? now we do we have risto and likely sign morin to stick around and have d men that can match that

as a flyers fan i think risto is going to be a great fit no hes not the best player does he check like 4 boxes for the flyers needs? fuck yeah he does

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jul 24 2021 11:20pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Jul 24 2021 11:18pm
Ye nhl still values huge dmen, even if smaller players with skill are a lot more accepted
Jul 24 2021 11:31pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jul 25 2021 01:18am)
Ye nhl still values huge dmen, even if smaller players with skill are a lot more accepted

i mean a big tough guy thats good is damn tough to play against its hard to ignore the value of a guy like chara in his rime hell even not in his prime

and yeah we got ellis whos on the smaller side so between him and provy those bigger power forward lines could be a bit tough but maybe a line like sanheim and risto can take them if thats the case
but we can use provy and ellis vs lines like crosby ovechkin kuznetsov ect ect lines that arent all big ass dudes but got skill but not be vulnerable to a team like the isles who are built differently

flyers got a pretty tough division with the caps pens and isles and we get a lot of bruins and tampa too those are tough teams and you gotta be able to defend vs them all and its not a one size fits all
there was so many times we would beat a team like tampa or the caps then go lose like 2-1 1-0 to the isles and it would be guys like martin or clutteruck getting some dirty ass crash the net 4th line grindy goals we could generally deal with barzal

idk maybe we overpaid idgaf as long as he extends for a reasonable amount i think hes going to be a great fit for what we need him for and leaving a place like buffalo is only done good things for players
giroux is UFA after this season and hes 33 we gotta be in win now mode or hes going to bail hes getting at that age you want to be on only contending teams to win it all or retire

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jul 24 2021 11:57pm
Jul 26 2021 11:30am
The Flyers announced today they have signed defenseman Samuel Morin to a one-year contract extension with an AAV of $750,000.
nice iwanted them to keep him around and figured they would and 750k is a good amount
solid 6-7 d man for us with some size and you know the guys got some fight came back from 2 season ending knee injuries in the minors and fought his way up to the nhl i like to see shit like that

i also like they say defenseman not forward/winger cause they did have him play lw last season and it didnt work out ut hes a decent d man

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jul 26 2021 11:30am
Gold: 255.11
Jul 26 2021 02:06pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jul 26 2021 01:30pm)
The Flyers announced today they have signed defenseman Samuel Morin to a one-year contract extension with an AAV of $750,000.
nice iwanted them to keep him around and figured they would and 750k is a good amount
solid 6-7 d man for us with some size and you know the guys got some fight came back from 2 season ending knee injuries in the minors and fought his way up to the nhl i like to see shit like that

i also like they say defenseman not forward/winger cause they did have him play lw last season and it didnt work out ut hes a decent d man

Oh man i was wondering what happened to him
iirc he was rock solid in junior and just dissapeared
Jul 26 2021 04:19pm
Quote (Subban2 @ Jul 26 2021 04:06pm)
Oh man i was wondering what happened to him
iirc he was rock solid in junior and just dissapeared

yeah when he was drafted i was hyped big guy that can skate he was developing decently and then he got like 2 acl tears or someting he missed a lot of time and wasnt able to train and shit like thats pretty serious
but he stuck with it got healthy again kept playing in the minors and and last season he was fully healthy and on the taxi squad so he got some games and looked pretty good he still seems to be able to skate pretty good too considering the knee injuries

and you can tell this guy just wants to play they asked him to play 4th line LW and he did it he wasnt very good as expected hes a defensive shut down d man but he went out there and fought and stuff did everything he could to earn a spot
so im really happy to see he got a deal even if its just a 1 year he gets to show what hes got i hope he can stay healthy i still think he can be a pretty solid 6/7 d man for us

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jul 26 2021 04:23pm
Aug 19 2021 09:25am
saw an article on phlsportsnation or something grading the flyers off seasons moves

gave ristolainen trade a c- and then said this
" In his last season in Buffalo, he played over 21 minutes per game (the most among all Sabres defenseman) which is just something he is skilled enough to do. With the Flyers, he will likely slot in as a third-pairing defenseman most nights which will get time on the penalty kill. He will likely be in a much-reduced role; most of his flaws can be minimized and give him a greater chance to succeed."

hes gotta be the only person that thinks risto is going to be playing on the 3rd pair off the bat he literally says hes skilled enough to play 21+ mins a night even if its "just skilled enough" then says hes going to be a 3rd line and on the pk
i mean braun MIGHT be our 2nd RD but i really doubt it risto would have to be pretty bad for that to happen braun isnt bad but hes a soli 3rd pair guy not really a 2nd pair guy unless he comes out playing way above his level in the last couple seasons

going to be interesting our whole expected 2nd pair of sanheim-risto is both pretty big question marks sanheims been streaky and risto has potential but hasnt really lived up to it in buffalo
we might end up with provy-ellis play like 30 mins a night or some mid season trades lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 19 2021 09:38am
Aug 22 2021 12:59am
Final arb case of the year is settled. Travis Sanheim and PHI at 2 years, with a $4.675M AAV

shoulda went to arb was only 4 more days away and no way he gets that much after last season this is an overpay and a half
specially for a deal walking him to UFA

was never a big fan of sanheims tbh guys game is streaky as fuck always felt myers had much more potential
the article im reading says flyers are over the cap by 600k with 23 guys on the roster but we should be fine with 22
going on capfriendly i can see 13f 7 D 2 G and were like 200k under the cap with 22 on the roster it seems fine

i see allison is in the minors dont think thats going to be the case but they have laczynski on the roster who can be swapped out they have same $$

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 22 2021 01:14am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1300301302303304340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll