d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1302303304305306340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Sep 21 2021 03:09pm
on top of morin being hurt allison got hurt in the rookie game didnt look too serious but never know those weird leg tweaks can be pretty weird and serious
on top of that kevin hayes is going for abdominal surgery out 6-8 weeks so we lose our 2c to start the season
injuries are piling up and we havnt even started camp yet jesus >< already looking to be down 2-3 roster players

normally this wouldnt be an issue but for those of you that forgot flyers are right up against the cap and running 1 player less then the average roster
if hayes goes on LTIR that could help a little bit free up enough cap space to give us room to call up a 21st player maybe
my worry is though is we start out all good players come back and we lose somebody through waivers trying to fit back under the cap

This post was edited by dragoneth on Sep 21 2021 03:14pm
Oct 2 2021 01:23am
do you guys think martin jones loses his back up role?
i know its only preseason games but all through camp errson and sandstrom have been fairly impressive and they are giving them games in the preseason too
like yesterdy vs the bruins was jones/sandstrom the other game was errson/hart

seems like they are being given a chance to show what they got at nhl level

hart got 2 periods vs erssons one but sandstrom and jones 30/30 split and sandstrom put up better stats lol
if jones has a bad preseason i feel like we might see sandstrom or ersson start as the #2
they have been developing nicely working their way through the flyers system and both seem border nhl ready

yeah jones in the highlights looks like crap the goals hes not even close even the 3rd goal keith jones is like " you gotta stop that" lol
thats the one move this offseason im iffy about i think i woulda rathered keep elliot or gotten somebody other then jones
we pretty much got him on the goalie coaches word that he can fix his game if he cant its a waste of cap space lol
and if it comes down to all 3 as the back up struggling id rather see ersson/sandstrom struggle a bit as the #2 and try to figure it out and develop into an nhl goalie then martin jones whos like 35+ struggle to find what he was 10 years ago

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 2 2021 01:47am
Oct 6 2021 11:03am
starting to finalize the roster ^^
Philadelphia Flyers Samuel Ersson, G - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Mason Millman, D - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Matthew Strome, LW - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Maksim Sushko, RW - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Max Willman, C - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Wyatte Wylie, D - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Elliot Desnoyers, LW - Assigned to Junior Club Halifax-QMJHL

those were on the 5th last game is on the 8th so i expect to see more
interesting to see ersson sent down but not sandstrom yet^^ i think they are considering him as the backup over jones lol

there is some guys that seem to be impressive and making some of the 4th line spots a challenge
from what ive seen foerster was decent and mayhew idk where he came from but he was one of those guys you always hear and see his name in a positive way
seeler and clendening are fighting for that 7th d spot too with morin out both have looked pretty good and yandle has been impressive i think hes going to bump york down to the ahl for another season

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 6 2021 11:03am
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 6 2021 02:36pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 6 Oct 2021 10:03)
starting to finalize the roster ^^
Philadelphia Flyers Samuel Ersson, G - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Mason Millman, D - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Matthew Strome, LW - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Maksim Sushko, RW - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Max Willman, C - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Wyatte Wylie, D - Sent to minors Lehigh Valley-AHL
Philadelphia Flyers Elliot Desnoyers, LW - Assigned to Junior Club Halifax-QMJHL

those were on the 5th last game is on the 8th so i expect to see more
interesting to see ersson sent down but not sandstrom yet^^ i think they are considering him as the backup over jones lol

there is some guys that seem to be impressive and making some of the 4th line spots a challenge
from what ive seen foerster was decent and mayhew idk where he came from but he was one of those guys you always hear and see his name in a positive way
seeler and clendening are fighting for that 7th d spot too with morin out both have looked pretty good and yandle has been impressive i think hes going to bump york down to the ahl for another season

any good RHD?
Oct 6 2021 02:46pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 6 2021 04:36pm)
any good RHD?

what you mean? maybe clendening?for like a 6-7th d
or you mean prospects that got sent down/going to be? not too sure on the prospects tbh
i know friedman was ourborderline RHD but when hextall joined the pens fletcher waived him and he snatched him up lol

flyers defense is probably going to be
provorov-ellis
sanheim-ristolainen
yandle-braun
seeler/clendening until morin is back
iirc seeler was playing right side but he shoots left clendening shoots right if you mean like a good 7th rhd or what?

The following five (5) players have been assigned to the club's AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms:
36 - Linus Sandin (RW)
48 - Morgan Frost (C)
52 - Tyson Foerster (RW)
76 - Isaac Ratcliffe (LW)
84 - Linus Hogberg (D)
The following player has been released from his professional try-out (PTO) and will report to Lehigh Valley:
46 - Cal O'Reilly (C)
The following four (4) players have been placed on waivers for purposes of being assigned to Lehigh Valley:
5 - Adam Clendening (D)
20 - Gerry Mayhew (C)
50 - German Rubtsov (C)
82 - Connor Bunnaman (C)

more moves coming today i guess 10 more sent down

rubtsov was a first round pick that was the one pick i thought hextall fucked up
he was part of that group of russian that got caught doping then he had a down season next season and slid back in the draft til they took him
i always felt like he was going to bust but if you look at the draft there wasnt many players around that range that turned out a whole lot better
still has potential though hes 23 sucks to see hes gotta clear waivers but the whole performance enhancing drugs then down season was always a giant red flag to me

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 6 2021 02:59pm
Oct 10 2021 01:12pm
some nice goals by the prospects in their preseason game phantoms should be pretty good this season

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 10 2021 01:12pm
Oct 10 2021 02:57pm
BRUH
the flyers first game isnt until the 15th what the fuck
Gold: 65.00
Oct 11 2021 05:39pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Oct 10 2021 04:57pm)
BRUH
the flyers first game isnt until the 15th what the fuck

fr breh. Long ass time away. I might try getting some tickets cause I will be in town at the Eagles game the night before anyway
Oct 11 2021 07:29pm
Quote (jro1221 @ Oct 11 2021 07:39pm)
fr breh. Long ass time away. I might try getting some tickets cause I will be in town at the Eagles game the night before anyway

thats sick man sounds like fun time
Gold: 1,506.00
Oct 17 2021 07:19am
Well well well, it does seem like flyers fan are a rare breed on here B)
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1302303304305306340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll