d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1761762763764765875Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Sep 28 2021 05:25am
Based on last night's game

Poolman and OEL once again looked great together, instant chemistry between the two. Whenever OEL pinched, Poolman would stay back simultaneously as if they've played together for a long time. OEL got 2 assists, nvm the assists but he definitely proved that he's still among the best skaters in the league by being the best skater/player on the ice tonight. He was the first star lol

Podkolzin finally debuted today in the pre-season and did not look out of place at all. He played on the line with Garland and Miller. Podkolzin was the first player on the canucks to create a scoring chance. The trio spent a lot of time on the oZone against the Flame's AHL roster. Podkolzin also had a look on pp2 and setup a ez goal for MacEwen right on the doorsteps, but of course as tradition like the KHL, his teammate whiffs on the shot :rofl:

DiPietro missed a lot of time last season, however it seems like spending a lot of time with Clarke was more beneficial than getting a lot of starting minutes in the AHL last season. His movement is even faster and controlled, he will definitely be the star in AHL and looks to be ready to back up demko soon as next season. When the Flames were down by 2, they pulled their goalie with 4min left to go and it looked like they were gonna score a goal. However, DiPietro held it down and kept it scoreless, including a huge diving save. He was very acrobatic as he is uniquely known for.

I think Chiasson is making a strong case to make the team, he uses his big body to his advantage and creates a net front presence.

When the Canucks looked like they were gonna choke again by allowing the flames to catch up 3-2, OEL made a nice drop pass for Pearson to score a nice wrister.

Rathbone and Myers both looked great as well, however the pairing simply did not work. They had no chemistry like OEL/Poolman, they were both too involved trying to contribute offensively for the team. This would be a huge problem in the season, as they'll both be giving up too many break away chances with the way they're playing together. Individually, they were great. Pairing wise, it needs a lot of work, especially if that's gonna be the 3rd pairing.

It seems to me if Petey/Hughes joins the team later, the roster will look something like this:

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser
Podkolzin - Miller - Garland
Pearson - Horvat - Chiasson
(Motte injured) Gadjovich/Di Giuseppe - (Sutter injured) Dickson - Lockwood/Di Giuseppe

OEL - Poolman
Hughes - Schenn (if hamonic retires) or probably pick up some decent RHD with top 4 potential off waivers when a lot of team's start waiving. Seattle has 12 dman on the roster, some are definitely going to be waived.
Rathbone/Hunt - Myers

This post was edited by Secksii on Sep 28 2021 05:34am
Gold: 27,914.53
Sep 28 2021 10:03am
I havnt watched much of anything been busy. You don’t think juolevi has any shot with the way rathbones been playing? Or you think they’ll swap them in and out?
Sep 28 2021 12:06pm
Quote (Darksern @ 28 Sep 2021 09:03)
I havnt watched much of anything been busy. You don’t think juolevi has any shot with the way rathbones been playing? Or you think they’ll swap them in and out?

Seems like he will be waived and play in the AHL.

Rathbone is taking full opportunity of Hughes absence and standing out by skating well, creating plays, back checking, crushing big boys like Ritchie etc. I think that's why green tried him with myers.

Hunt is also ahead of juolevi, so it's pretty much Rathbone and hunt as the 6/7 imo.

Juolevi just didn't make any difference this camp or even had the urgency, it was his year to prove it... He's the only player that suffered greens bag skate as someone who has done it before. He lacks the footspeed, pivot, gets walked on by ahl/fringe nhl players etc. He's decent at times as a depth guy, but I don't think that's enough for him to play over Rathbone or hunt in the 3rd pairing role. The only thing he may have an edge in Rathbone is Pk but hunt does it better.

Guys like gadjovich and Lockwood are prime example of prospects that had the urgency to improve and try to make the team. Gadjovich improved his skating and shredded 10lbs. Lockwood is even faster, creates rukus and scoring opportunities and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. These guys barely had any glimpse last season in the NHL, yet it motivated them enough to improve their game in summer. Juolevi had far more chances and games than any of these guys and yeah... Maybe he got too comfortable that he would be gifted a spot due to lack of his type of dman in the team.

Sep 28 2021 02:06pm
lol
I just made a mistake': Tim Peel opens up on hot mic incident that ended his NHL officiating career

just a mistake.. hot take. He was one of the worst refs bias against the Canucks in his career. NHL needs to start getting their shit together and stop employing refs like him, it's a joke and disgrace to the sport. Too bad that won't be the case though, they just made Peel a scapegoat to take the fall for everything when it's clear as day game management exists. Peel was gonna retire a month later anyway, they just helped him do it faster to keep the spotlight away from the league but just to him.
Sep 30 2021 06:02am
Gaffar: On Pettersson and Hughes: offers have gone back and forth but don’t believe they are close. It’s going to get to a point where the players tell their agents to just get it done. Hasn’t happened yet. Told the Canucks have offered what they think is a lot of money for both.

I like that Gear and Benning is standing their ground, and try continue to sign good rfa contracts. Even if it means they sit out til December and miss playoffs and lose their jobs etc. I really hope Benning doesn't go full Dubas.

I gotta agree with gaffar, I think the players will eventually fold and tell their agents to get it done so they can play. As much as they want the best possible deals, I don't think these kids are the type to sit out like a month or entire season for a contract. I think they'll miss a couple of games at most if it goes there. I think they'll get something done by next Monday.
Sep 30 2021 04:04pm
Sources indicate to @TheAthletic that the #Canucks and CAA made progress this morning in Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes talks

drance says there's optimism with the contracts
Gold: 34.33
Sep 30 2021 06:25pm
Sounds like 6x7.75 for QH.

Huge.

Petey under 8M for 3 years.

This post was edited by Farine on Sep 30 2021 06:26pm
Sep 30 2021 06:29pm
Finally
Gold: 1,400.00
Sep 30 2021 07:10pm
Fuck yaaaa
Great term on Hughes and surprisingly low on Petey.
Good to know the resignings coming up will have to be (hopefully) sub 8 for Bo and Boes
Gold: 2,647.74
Sep 30 2021 07:30pm
good numbers but would've preferred term on petey and bridge on hughes
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1761762763764765875Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll