d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1530531532533534869Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,732.50
Feb 19 2019 01:27am
Not for me, Sutter's been absolute shit defensively this season. He needs to take his own advice and grow some balls. He's like the forward of gudbranson (ranks near last in defensive stats in the league), and an offensive black hole to his teammates. Literally 99.9% of the plays die when he gets the puck. Beagle isn't sucking imo, he's doing exactly what Benning signed him for, win crucial faceoffs, soak up hard minutes against other team's top lines, set a strong example for the younger players to look up to his strong work ethic during practice/training. He's older than sutter, yet doing much better than him in the same role and actually creates plays with Motte, rather than turn it over/lose possession/dump it for nobody.

I think Edler wants to stay in van more than chase a cup, but yeh that's up to him. The only return for him that would make sense to the team right now is getting a young NHL ready defensemen and a prospect/picks but i doubt any teams are gonna give that much up for him. He's such a crucial core to lolnucks shitty D. Canucks have good win record with him in the line up vs without. im pretty happy we didnt lose 10 straight after he went down, and most of the losses were 1 goal games. Huge effort by our crippled team, Green doing his best to keep the team somewhat competitive despite rocking 4 AHL D's and playing a 2/3 pairing defensemen 30min on ice a night. I expected the team to get blown out with a joke D core lol

This post was edited by Secksii on Feb 19 2019 01:28am
Gold: 17,801.00
Feb 20 2019 11:55pm
Quote (Secksii @ Feb 18 2019 01:28am)
Benning said he won't be going after players that costs them prospects or picks (future) , so I think him and aquaman are on the same page with that. If they make the playoffs somehow, great. If not, meh they get a decent 1st rd pick. Win-win

Hughes joining the blueline will be huge, it will limit pouliot's toi or at least biega lol. Also there will be another player other than Petey that can skate into the o-zone other than dumping it in or turning it over.

I think Granlund/schaller are done. I was hoping sutter would be traded, but ofc he's injured. Especially when beagle and gaudette can do his part. Goldobin didn't play too well last game, but I think the canucks are still gonna be patient with him unless they get a offer for him

Pretty difficult to give up on a guy who has natural chemistry with key players while having a pretty high skill set himself.

The problem is there are just certain things you need to do to be successful that I don't think he is ever going to have, which pains me to say because I really see the potential in him but it is looking like it may never happen.
Feb 21 2019 07:06pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 20 Feb 2019 22:55)
Pretty difficult to give up on a guy who has natural chemistry with key players while having a pretty high skill set himself.

The problem is there are just certain things you need to do to be successful that I don't think he is ever going to have, which pains me to say because I really see the potential in him but it is looking like it may never happen.

yeah, he reminds me of baertchi before he became an NHL regular, sucks he's injure prone. Although i think goldie has a lot more offensive upside than baertchi. It sucks that he's only effective with petey and not really anyone else on the team. The last game he played against SJ kinda put him back into the doghouse... he was cruising/floating resulting in a goal for SJ. I feel like lolnucks have abundance of forwards, i wish Benning can find other teams needing these type of players for their D core that we desperate need...
Also on bobcast today, he says the only canadian teams panarin would be interested is in toronto and vancouver lol, toronto can't really fit him since they got nylander extended and other shit they gotta do. vancouver can be done, but goldie or baertchi would definitely have to go.. Pana - petey- boeser line would be sick. Horvat desperately needs a legit top 6 teammate.

NJ scouts were at the canucks game, and now the canucks scouts are at ottawa/Nj game today. I wonder if they're aiming for severson or some defensemen that we desperately need.

This post was edited by Secksii on Feb 21 2019 07:09pm
Feb 21 2019 08:58pm
Well it seems there's a possibility that baertschi may retire early due to his 5th concussion. Sucks he already had to deal with that much at a young age. I hope he can recover fully so that he can at least enjoy his life.
I don't blame him for being too afraid/risk to play again, when the NHL is doing nothing to protect him from those headshots that they want to "get rid of" from their game. Hyka being most recent, and Mcleod's blindside hit to the head for example.
Gold: 2,647.74
Feb 21 2019 09:39pm
start watching game, first thing I see is Guds going for the hit in a 2 on 1 and Markstrom needing to make a great save

goddamnit
Feb 21 2019 11:13pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 21 Feb 2019 20:39)
start watching game, first thing I see is Guds going for the hit in a 2 on 1 and Markstrom needing to make a great save

goddamnit

LOL

just got back after taking out the trash and i see pouliot turning the puck over and holds the guy for the powerplay :rofl:
put any #1 goalie behind the canucks defense and they'll instantly become mediocre.

and ofc they score, ty pouliot.
Gold: 27,914.53
Feb 21 2019 11:21pm
Putting pouliot and biega out together is definitely team tank. But then again who else do we have lol. Luke Effin Schenn!?
Feb 21 2019 11:34pm
shows how bad pacific conference is lol canucks should be no where close to playoff race :rofl:
literally rocking AHL core defense and they're not getting blown out every game
Gold: 2,647.74
Feb 21 2019 11:51pm
idk how we even got a point lol

too many teams competing for the same playoff spot though so it only takes one of like 6 teams not being complete trash for the dream to die
Gold: 27,914.53
Feb 22 2019 12:01am
Almost as close to a top 3 pick as we are to the playoffs lol.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1530531532533534869Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll