d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Baltimore Ravens Fan Thread
Prev1126212631264126512661388Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,500.80
Mar 16 2018 11:50am
Quote (DeShoneKizer69 @ Mar 16 2018 11:49am)
Hm both paraplegic, both in a motorcycle accident, what a coincidence

The Terps catfish unveiled... we've all been played
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 16 2018 11:52am
Quote (DeShoneKizer69 @ Mar 16 2018 01:49pm)
Hm both paraplegic, both in a motorcycle accident, what a coincidence

I think that's the real Terps, and the guy that's been using the Terps account is some weirdo impersonating him. :ph34r: :unsure:
Gold: 3,059.01
Mar 16 2018 12:20pm
Quote (DeShaunWatson69 @ Mar 16 2018 01:52pm)
I think that's the real Terps, and the guy that's been using the Terps account is some weirdo impersonating him. :ph34r: :unsure:

I think you’re right
Gold: 79,366.46
Apr 9 2018 11:38pm
So I have done basically zero draft research this year.

Who do you want and why?

I've kind of cooled on the Ridley train. Idk much about prospects, but I'd be hyped if we traded down, amassed picks, and got my boy DJ Moore. Also the smoke-screeney Lamar Jackson rumors have me excited, even if I don't particularly like him as a prospect.

Would also be hyped for Derwin James (going to need to replace Weddle soon) or Roquan Smith (need another ILB who isn't Onwuasor or Correa)
Banned
Apr 10 2018 12:01am
Quote (Terps @ Apr 10 2018 01:38am)

Who do you want and why?

I've kind of cooled on the Ridley train. Idk much about prospects, but I'd be hyped if we traded down, amassed picks, and got my boy DJ Moore. Also the smoke-screeney Lamar Jackson rumors have me excited, even if I don't particularly like him as a prospect.

Would also be hyped for Derwin James (going to need to replace Weddle soon) or Roquan Smith (need another ILB who isn't Onwuasor or Correa)

Browning >
Gold: 14,000.00
Apr 10 2018 12:24am
Quote (Terps @ Apr 9 2018 10:38pm)

Who do you want and why?

How far would you be hoping they traded back in order to get Moore? I've seen plenty of mocks with people thinking we'll draft him at #29. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at #29, but I don't think it'd be the best pick. Obviously that depends on which TE/OG/OT is on the board still.

Derwin James is a very interesting prospect. Please sum let him drop to #29. That'd literally be the dream and we'd have our Safety locked down for the future. Maybe some teams like him as a CB though, never know and I honestly don't see him lasting anywhere close to #29 lol. Ramsey would obviously love it if we were able to get him lol.

Roquan Smith is a stud, he can play any of the LB positions and should instantly help whichever team drafts him.
Banned
Apr 10 2018 01:36am
Quote (Hako @ Apr 10 2018 02:24am)
How far would you be hoping they traded back in order to get Moore? I've seen plenty of mocks with people thinking we'll draft him at #29. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at #29, but I don't think it'd be the best pick. Obviously that depends on which TE/OG/OT is on the board still.

Derwin James is a very interesting prospect. Please sum let him drop to #29. That'd literally be the dream and we'd have our Safety locked down for the future. Maybe some teams like him as a CB though, never know and I honestly don't see him lasting anywhere close to #29 lol. Ramsey would obviously love it if we were able to get him lol.

Roquan Smith is a stud, he can play any of the LB positions and should instantly help whichever team drafts him.

Jags need to trade up for a QB.
Apr 14 2018 02:06am
Quote (Hako @ Apr 10 2018 01:24am)

Idk how far I'd want to trade back...whatever still gets us our guy. I think teams will be higher on Moore than mock draft pundits project, since as we saw last year, even first-round WRs got way overdrafted. So I think you'd have to be careful trading back too far if you want Moore, but that might just be my homer opinion.

I like Moore more than Ridley. A lot of Mocks have the lazy projection of Ridley to Ravens (due to needing WRs and being Bama), but he just doesn't seem like a great athlete, doesn't beat the press (had schemed ways of getting him open), and just doesn't seem like a #1.

Moore put up excellent games going against true #1's and double coverage every week, catching passes from a truly awful QB in Bortenschlager (sp), and had no other receiving threats to really take the heat off him in coverage. Like, it'd be 3rd down, the opposing team would know where the ball was going, and they just couldn't stop Moore. He might be like Hopkins: he's got excellent hands, isn't tall but plays tough, gets separation. Seemed like at least once a game he'd make a highlight-reel catch.
Banned
Apr 14 2018 03:22am
Quote (Terps @ Apr 14 2018 04:06am)
Idk how far I'd want to trade back...whatever still gets us our guy. I think teams will be higher on Moore than mock draft pundits project, since as we saw last year, even first-round WRs got way overdrafted. So I think you'd have to be careful trading back too far if you want Moore, but that might just be my homer opinion.

I like Moore more than Ridley. A lot of Mocks have the lazy projection of Ridley to Ravens (due to needing WRs and being Bama), but he just doesn't seem like a great athlete, doesn't beat the press (had schemed ways of getting him open), and just doesn't seem like a #1.

Moore put up excellent games going against true #1's and double coverage every week, catching passes from a truly awful QB in Bortenschlager (sp), and had no other receiving threats to really take the heat off him in coverage. Like, it'd be 3rd down, the opposing team would know where the ball was going, and they just couldn't stop Moore. He might be like Hopkins: he's got excellent hands, isn't tall but plays tough, gets separation. Seemed like at least once a game he'd make a highlight-reel catch.

Don't start getting big because the draft is near. The ravens time is over and you know nothing about football.
Apr 16 2018 05:54pm
Quote (DeShaunWatson69 @ Apr 14 2018 04:22am)
Don't start getting big because the draft is near. The ravens time is over and you know nothing about football.

I know this is a troll comment, but it's true.

The Ravens time is probably over, at least in terms of being a SB contender. Flacco got us a championship, but he seems to be declining at such a rate where keeping him under his current contract will become untenable. Whenever the FO and owner finally accept this, I hope they do an earnest rebuild. Our history would suggest that the philosophy of Bisciotti and Ozzie (who will no longer serve as GM) is to spend to the cap every season and try to compete every year despite the talent they have at QB. Only one year in our franchise history (2002) did the FO make a clear plan to shed money and tank... and they still didn't do it right (they finished 7-9). I'd like for this franchise to do a serious rebuild after they cut ties with Flacco, similar to the Raiders or Browns, by shedding tons of cap, tanking for high draft picks, amassing assets, and finding a starting QB via the draft.

Frankly, outside of a few young players like CJ Mosley, Ronnie Stanley, Alex Collins, Marlon Humphrey, and Justin Tucker, there are no untouchable players on this roster, so trading assets and slashing veteran salary would make sense for our near future. That's a result of poor drafting and cap management: we have few players worth re-signing, yet we're always strapped for cap space because the FO has allocated cap towards veterans and FA signings who don't pull their weight, creating dead cap space. Backloading every single contract also is hurting us. That seems to be an Ozzie philosophical decision, perhaps necessitated by a desire to compete every single year instead of shedding cap once in a while.

Also, the FO needs to address the backup QB position to at least try developing a future replacement for Flacco. They've seemed disinterested in doing this, however. That's why the notion of drafting Lamar Jackson excites me. Even though it's probably smoke, and even though Jackson doesn't appeal to me as a prospect, it would show me that the FO acknowledges Flacco is declining and is planning for the future.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1126212631264126512661388Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll