d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Jaypee's Pvm Javazon Guide
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 151.00
Oct 8 2010 03:26am
Quote (Mantux @ Sep 16 2010 12:34am)
i would add 1 point into Valkyrie if u play HC just because that one extra tank can make a lot of difference but over all good guide
d/a/e makes teleing very annoying, constantly getting interrupted
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Oct 9 2010 02:17pm
Quote (SumoSalad @ 8 Oct 2010 05:13)
I want to use CoH.....I love it the @65

Anyawy I also love Phoenix.....can I use it? But the str req is prety high (156) and Thats why I want to rely on 20 str form COH and str from tgod....which is why, is razortail an absolute must?

I built a new Javazon and am using Phoenix on the BO switch. It seems to work out pretty well so far. Spending 20 stats into strength is well worth getting 33% extra chances to pierce. 100% chances to hit a mob and the 4 subsequent targets with LF helps alot.

Quote (yaf @ 8 Oct 2010 05:26)
d/a/e makes teleing very annoying, constantly getting interrupted

It can get annoying, I admit. Mainly because both the and fcr animations are slowish.

Gold: 13.90
Oct 20 2010 11:17am
I'm planning to do this Javazon.

I wonder if I should go with 95% ias bp?

I can reach it with these two builds, and wonder what would be best (Doesn't matter at all what it will cost) -

First -

Enigma
Thunderstrokes
Griffon 15% ias jool
Mosers upped 2x 15% ias jools
3/20 magical gloves
Cat's Eye or Highlord
Razortail
Raven Frost
ML rare ring

Second -

Enigma
5/30 or 4/30
Griffon 15% ias jool
3/20 magical gloves
Mara
Razortail
Raven Frost
Ml rare ring

Also, is A/E/D necessary at all in pvm, if I'm going to tele and so?

Want to know which one of those build would be best.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 7 2011 02:02pm
Main Gear (PvM Model)

Primary
  • Helm: Griffons w/ -5/+5% rainbow light facet
  • Armor: CoH - nn for Fort because ed is pointless. enigma is worthless due to the frame rates, that teleport is damn slow. but if you insist on it... be my guest
  • Boots: Have your pick, but I'd go with Treks
  • Weapon: Thunderstroke +4 Java (don't cheap out on this, the +skills are key in my opinion) - I don't bother with Titan's Revenge because it's just more throw damage, call me stupid, but I find it pointless.
  • Amulet: Highlords
  • Rings: BK and Ravenfrost
  • Shield: SS w/ -5/+5% rainbow light facet
  • Belt: TGods, razortail/pierce is an "interesting" opt in my opinion, but 75-80% pierce is more than enough. The only mobs you see that require that much would be cows...

Switch
  • Weapon: Go with CTA (I don't mind the BC and BO, always a nice buff) or Titan's if you really insist. I don't mind the BC and BO, always a nice buff.
  • Shield: Phoenix is awesome so you don't ever have to bother with pots again... OR you can go with JMod shield (which is expensive and pointless unless your weapon switch is Titan's), but still useful if you want to move SS out of the way.
Charms
Very straight forward, get a minimum of 5 Java GC lifers with a minimum of 30 life.
20 life SCs
and dex maybe for some variety, mix in Java GCs with dex instead of life, should you chase down max block

Everything else, skills, stats, I 100% agree.

This post was edited by HezbolahJr on Jan 7 2011 02:06pm
Gold: 33.37
Jan 7 2011 03:34pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ 20 Oct 2010 18:17)
I'm planning to do this Javazon.

I wonder if I should go with 95% ias bp?

I can reach it with these two builds, and wonder what would be best (Doesn't matter at all what it will cost) -

First -

Enigma
Thunderstrokes
Griffon 15% ias jool
3/20 magical gloves
Cat's Eye or Highlord
Razortail
Raven Frost
ML rare ring

Second -

Enigma
5/30 or 4/30
Griffon 15% ias jool
3/20 magical gloves
Mara
Razortail
Raven Frost
Ml rare ring

Also, is A/E/D necessary at all in pvm, if I'm going to tele and so?

Want to know which one of those build would be best.

95%IAS is an overkill in pvm imo, I usually go with 55 (IAS jewel in griff, 20 from gloves, 20 from hl).
Mana leech rings are ineffective, since your physical damage is really low. Get some maek, or a phoenix monarch on switch instead.
If you're going to tele, don't put anything into AED. They're more likely to get you killed than they are to save you.
Also your two setups only have 25 fcr (35 if the ring has any). The tele rate will be slow as hell :/
Titans>Tstroke>5/40 for pvm imo.

e:/ And I just realized I'm replying to a 3 month old post.

This post was edited by MateDeVita on Jan 7 2011 03:35pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 7 2011 03:59pm
Quote (HezbolahJr @ Jan 7 2011 12:02pm)
Main Gear (PvM Model)

Primary
  • Helm: Griffons w/  -5/+5% rainbow light facet
  • Armor: CoH - nn for Fort because ed is pointless. enigma is worthless due to the frame rates, that teleport is damn slow. but if you insist on it... be my guest
  • Weapon: Thunderstroke +4 Java (don't cheap out on this, the +skills are key in my opinion)  - I don't bother with Titan's Revenge because it's just more throw damage, call me stupid, but I find it pointless.
  • GLOVES: +2 Java Magic gloves with 10-20% IAS are decent, some opt for the +3, but the price difference to damage difference makes it not worth it imo (unless you're straight ballin')
  • Shield: SS w/  -5/+5% rainbow light facet
  • Belt: TGods, razortail/pierce is an "interesting" opt in my opinion, but 75-80% pierce is more than enough. The only mobs you see that require that much would be cows...

Switch
  • Weapon: Go with CTA (I don't mind the BC and BO, always a nice buff) or Titan's if you really insist. I don't mind the BC and BO, always a nice buff.
  • Shield: Phoenix is awesome so you don't ever have to bother with pots again... OR you can go with JMod shield (which is expensive and pointless unless your weapon switch is Titan's), but still useful if you want to move SS out of the way.
Charms
Very straight forward, get a minimum of 5 Java GC lifers with a minimum of 30 life.
20 life SCs
and dex maybe for some variety, mix in Java GCs with dex instead of life, should you chase down max block

Forgot to put the gloves :)
Gold: 100.00
Mar 15 2011 04:42am
I read this whole topic and want to make my own javazon now.

Skills/stats from the guide

Equipment; Im thinking something like this:

- Helm: Griffons with rainbow light facet
- Armor: CoH
- Boots: Silkweave for mana or Sandstrom Trek ?
- Gloves: +2 java + 10 ias (more ias prefered, but this one I got atm)
- Weapon: Titans ? Or would thunderstroke be better, and why? (CTA for switch)
- Amulet: Highlords
- Rings: Ravenfrost and BK or SoJ, which is better choice?
- Shield: Stormshield? Str req is high, but isnt storm best? What about sanctuary, very high resist? Or spirit? (And on switch..?)
- Belt:Thundergods or razor.. ??

Merc: Act 2 NM defensive
Eth infinity / Eth forti / andy's visage

Any tips / help?

This post was edited by Noekie on Mar 15 2011 04:43am
Gold: 3,134.00
Mar 15 2011 04:54am
Quote (Noekie @ 15 Mar 2011 10:42)
I read this whole topic and want to make my own javazon now.

Skills/stats from the guide

Equipment; Im thinking something like this:

- Helm: Griffons with rainbow light facet
- Armor: CoH
- Boots: Silkweave for mana or Sandstrom Trek ?
- Gloves: +2 java + 10 ias (more ias prefered, but this one I got atm)
- Weapon: Titans ? Or would thunderstroke be better, and why? (CTA for switch)
- Amulet: Highlords
- Rings: Ravenfrost and BK or SoJ, which is better choice?
- Shield: Stormshield? Str req is high, but isnt storm best? What about sanctuary, very high resist? Or spirit? (And on switch..?)
- Belt:Thundergods or razor.. ??

Merc: Act 2 NM defensive
Eth infinity / Eth forti / andy's visage

Any tips / help?

Always razortail belt on pvm ranged chars.

treachery > forti on merc
Mar 15 2011 04:57am
Well, since I read the whole topic, some people say thundergods are better than razortail, so Im not rly sure which I wanna go for...

Im sorry, feeling like a noob here.. But what is treachery? Coulnd't find it on the arreat summit..
Mar 15 2011 04:58am
Quote (HezbolahJr @ 7 Jan 2011 21:02)
Main Gear (PvM Model)

Primary
  • Helm: Griffons w/  -5/+5% rainbow light facet
  • Weapon: Thunderstroke +4 Java (don't cheap out on this, the +skills are key in my opinion)  - I don't bother with Titan's Revenge because it's just more throw damage, call me stupid, but I find it pointless.
  • Shield: SS w/  -5/+5% rainbow light facet

Switch
Charms
20 life SCs

This one looks good...
Shield: SS, is that stormshield or something else?
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll