d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1206820692070207120722185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,836.90
Aug 11 2021 10:32am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 6 2021 07:19pm)
Black Widow - 4/10 at best, movie was boring as hell and I could hardly stay awake for the *climactic* finish. After two hours of corny jokes, an awful plot, and the worst villain reveal of all time, I’m not sure how anyone could still be invested…. I guess this is exactly why shit heaps like Age or Ultron still get a 70% and make hundreds of millions, since just slapping on that Disney tag makes everything automatically loved by fans and critics.

Holy shit, checked RT for shits and giggles and this heap is sitting at 81/92…. People do really love anything that’s for superhero’s, huh, even if it’s basically just a corny version of the Bourne films with lazy writing, bad jokes, corny villains, and phoned in for the paycheck performances…. They just don’t even try and these things still perform this well, shit blows my mind.

Suicide Squad - I had pretty low expectations, but I enjoyed this one throughout. It was obvious what was going to happen in almost every single scene, but it was still entertaining to watch it unfold. Would have liked to see a tad bit more of the B-listers, but you 100% knew how that shit was going to go down. I’d go 7.5/10.

I checked critic reviews after and I was thoroughly surprised how highly this was rated. It’s an entertaining movie, but temper your expectations a little.

The ending was brilliant. Brolin was resilient and tactful in every single one of his moves throughout the entire film, but a single slip up in trusting someone other than himself, got his ass murdered by a generic ambush. Not only that, but without the funds to escape, his wife is also likely murdered. The hitman casually kills throughout the movie based on chance, seeing him left battered and bruised and possibly in a situation where he’ll soon die from a chance car crash was fucking perfect. I don’t recall every detail of the final scene, but I remember Jones going into detail about a couple of dreams, which seemed like metaphors for his guilt, acceptance, and moving on towards his retirement, which perfectly wrapped up the cluster fuck of sadness and unavoidable loss that we witnessed.

Some people need a heavy-handed explanation of every little detail to feel fulfilled at the end of the film, but subtlety is a far more effective tool in many cases, and while I’d love to know how some things played out, I wouldn’t change a fucking thing from this ending. It was damn near perfect and this film is easily one of my all-time favorites.

Hmm, difference of opinion. Watched Black Widow and just watched Suicide Squad.

Blood n Gore ... yes SS wins (cheesy as it was)
Action (combat) ... Black Widow hands down, the only BS combat in SS was Harley Quin (as expected even in the comics)
Humor ... Okay, this is personal preference, Black Widow wins because it WASN'T over the fucking top like you would see in a cartoon like the Road Runner.

I wasn't bought up with the 90s cartoons and their over the top humor, shit, my daughter loved Ren n Stimpy and I cringed. Hey, personal taste, glad I never rated any show (Anime / TV or Movie) and watched it just because I wanted too instead of judging it by other people(s) judgement based on their likes/hates etc.

You are not GOD where you can JUDGE/RATE a show, you watch it, it does not appeal to you, then you simply say, hey watched it, did not find it that good, but watch it for yourself if you want to after reading my comments on the show below: (well something like that).

EDIT: oh yah... What is this Walt Disney / Warner Bros shit got to do with Marvel / DC programs? are you saying Warner Bro does a better job making movies with gore vs Disney? If so... wtf ... think about this shit, of course Warner Bro will add more gore.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 11 2021 10:37am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 11 2021 10:34am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 11 2021 09:32am)

Action (combat) ... Black Widow hands down, the only BS combat in SS was Harley Quin (as expected even in the comics)
Humor ... Okay, this is personal preference, Black Widow wins because it WASN'T over the fucking top like you would see in a cartoon like the Road Runner.

I wasn't bought up with the 90s cartoons and their over the top humor, shit, my daughter loved Ren n Stimpy and I cringed. Hey, personal taste, glad I never rated any show (Anime / TV or Movie) and watched it just because I wanted too instead of judging it by other people(s) judgement based on their likes/hates etc.

You are not GOD where you can JUDGE/RATE a show, you watch it, it does not appeal to you, then you simply say, hey watched it, did not find it that good, but watch it for yourself if you want to after reading my comments on the show below: (well something like that).

Taste is subjective, but you have shit taste, which has been seen time and time again.

We get it, you're an old man, everything was better in your day, everything new sucks, yada yada yada. Cheesy action with one-liners and bad reveals is preferred to you than something original, that's your choice.
Aug 11 2021 10:44am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2021 04:34am)
Taste is subjective, but you have shit taste, which has been seen time and time again.

We get it, you're an old man, everything was better in your day, everything new sucks, yada yada yada. Cheesy action with one-liners and bad reveals is preferred to you than something original, that's your choice.

You are a child in comparison without multiple ethics and only relying on the one that you live by, and so you post like a preacher that doesn't live by what they preach.

Anyway, during the time of your post, I made an edit to mine:

EDIT: oh yah... What is this Walt Disney / Warner Bros shit got to do with Marvel / DC programs? are you saying Warner Bro does a better job making movies with gore vs Disney? If so... wtf ... think about this shit, of course Warner Bro will add more gore.

The rants and rave you have with blood n guts (Ratings) are also based on the reputation of the Studios. Disney is for younger viewing and Warner is more versatile... BUT... there are others that will diverge more... how about looking at the studios that made the movies you crap on before shitting on the actual show/movie.

Hey, with age comes insight, pity you only believe you are right in your own interpretation with 0.2% of the Worlds population.

EDIT: hmm, hey, I live in my World, you live in yours and everyone else lives in their own World... who is right?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 11 2021 10:47am
Aug 11 2021 10:47am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 11 2021 09:44am)
You are a child in comparison without multiple ethics and only relying on the one that you live by, and so you post like a preacher that doesn't live by what they preach.

Anyway, during the time of your post, I made an edit to mine:

The rants and rave you have with blood n guts (Ratings) are also based on the reputation of the Studios. Disney is for younger viewing and Warner is more versatile... BUT... there are others that will diverge more... how about looking at the studios that made the movies you crap on before shitting on the actual show/movie.

Hey, with age comes insight, pity you only believe you are right in your own interpretation with 0.2% of the Worlds population.

So a PG-13 movie can't be good or original now, that's your argument? It has to be generic crap catered to the lowest common denominator (you)?

Good to know.

e: There are plenty of good Disney films, which is precisely why your argument (like all of your arguments) falls flat on its fucking face.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 11 2021 10:49am
Aug 11 2021 10:56am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2021 04:47am)
So a PG-13 movie can't be good or original now, that's your argument? It has to be generic crap catered to the lowest common denominator (you)?

Good to know.

The thread topic is last movie you watched right? I pointed out "Rating" i.e. you saying Black Widow = 4/10 etc... I posted:

Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 12 2021 04:32am)

Now you are relating to your BS post that I replied to in a different thread? Keep to the post here and now, how the fuck did you come up with a 4/10 for Black Widow and think that Suicide Squad was better? Are you referring to Blood n Gore, Humor, Action? Damn, at least Black Widow was a back story whereas Suicide Squad story line was utter bull shit and not even in comics... oh wait, have you read all the SS comics and the movie was on par with it?

Aug 11 2021 09:10pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 11 2021 09:56am)
The thread topic is last movie you watched right? I pointed out "Rating" i.e. you saying Black Widow = 4/10 etc... I posted:

Now you are relating to your BS post that I replied to in a different thread? Keep to the post here and now, how the fuck did you come up with a 4/10 for Black Widow and think that Suicide Squad was better? Are you referring to Blood n Gore, Humor, Action? Damn, at least Black Widow was a back story whereas Suicide Squad story line was utter bull shit and not even in comics... oh wait, have you read all the SS comics and the movie was on par with it?

So your argument is that because SS is original and not a copy of something, that automatically makes it bad?

Your arguments keep getting better and better.

EE: Honestly, with how half-baked all your arguments are, it’s readily apparent why you’re defending Black Widow. People like yourself want to see the same movie over and over again. It doesn’t matter that it’s the same formulaic snooze fest, it’s got ACTION and comic book characters who I know, cause I’m cool, and I read comics 6 million years ago. Things like an engaging plot, decent acting, a compelling antagonist, and any joke other than a canned one-liner is just too much for me to enjoy, because I’m and if anything happens that isn’t something I’ve already seen before, the movie is automatically shit.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 11 2021 09:24pm
Gold: 403.00
Aug 11 2021 10:40pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 11 2021 11:10pm)
So your argument is that because SS is original and not a copy of something, that automatically makes it bad?

EE: Honestly, with how half-baked all your arguments are, it’s readily apparent why you’re defending Black Widow. People like yourself want to see the same movie over and over again. It doesn’t matter that it’s the same formulaic snooze fest, it’s got ACTION and comic book characters who I know, cause I’m cool, and I read comics 6 million years ago. Things like an engaging plot, decent acting, a compelling antagonist, and any joke other than a canned one-liner is just too much for me to enjoy, because I’m ^izParagonzi and if anything happens that isn’t something I’ve already seen before, the movie is automatically shit.

No offence but there might be something wrong with you lol
Gold: 7.77
Aug 12 2021 02:26am
The Resort (Hulu)

Garb
Aug 12 2021 02:31am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2021 03:10pm)

EE: Honestly, with how half-baked all your arguments are, it’s readily apparent why you’re defending Black Widow. People like yourself want to see the same movie over and over again. It doesn’t matter that it’s the same formulaic snooze fest, it’s got ACTION and comic book characters who I know, cause I’m cool, and I read comics 6 million years ago. Things like an engaging plot, decent acting, a compelling antagonist, and any joke other than a canned one-liner is just too much for me to enjoy, because I’m ^izParagonzi and if anything happens that isn’t something I’ve already seen before, the movie is automatically shit.

I am not arguing, I am stating a fact of what I stated at the start of my post "Hmm, difference of opinion. Watched Black Widow and just watched Suicide Squad."

You on the other hand got offended and defensive and I replied in kind... SS is NOT original, it is the same old garbage that anyone can produce. Get over yourself, you don't know what you are even debating about.
Aug 12 2021 12:02pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 12 2021 01:31am)
I am not arguing, I am stating a fact of what I stated at the start of my post "Hmm, difference of opinion. Watched Black Widow and just watched Suicide Squad."

You on the other hand got offended and defensive and I replied in kind... SS is NOT original, it is the same old garbage that anyone can produce. Get over yourself, you don't know what you are even debating about.

You literally said that it was bad because it doesn’t follow the SS comics? I mean, if you can’t even follow your own train of thought, then I think that says a lot more about you than me.

Quote (Rezzakin @ Aug 11 2021 09:40pm)
No offence but there might be something wrong with you lol

If there’s something wrong with having fun with overworked “back in my day” morons, then I don’t wanna be right.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 12 2021 12:03pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1206820692070207120722185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll