d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1206720682069207020712184Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,140.00
Aug 4 2021 12:23pm
Jungle Cruise

5/10

I knew what I was expecting with a Rock movie

Had some decent comedy but dumb overall
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 6 2021 01:19am
Black Widow - 4/10 at best, movie was boring as hell and I could hardly stay awake for the *climactic* finish. After two hours of corny jokes, an awful plot, and the worst villain reveal of all time, I’m not sure how anyone could still be invested…. I guess this is exactly why shit heaps like Age or Ultron still get a 70% and make hundreds of millions, since just slapping on that Disney tag makes everything automatically loved by fans and critics.

Holy shit, checked RT for shits and giggles and this heap is sitting at 81/92…. People do really love anything that’s for superhero’s, huh, even if it’s basically just a corny version of the Bourne films with lazy writing, bad jokes, corny villains, and phoned in for the paycheck performances…. They just don’t even try and these things still perform this well, shit blows my mind.

Suicide Squad - I had pretty low expectations, but I enjoyed this one throughout. It was obvious what was going to happen in almost every single scene, but it was still entertaining to watch it unfold. Would have liked to see a tad bit more of the B-listers, but you 100% knew how that shit was going to go down. I’d go 7.5/10.

I checked critic reviews after and I was thoroughly surprised how highly this was rated. It’s an entertaining movie, but temper your expectations a little.

Quote (Blue Gender @ Jul 30 2021 05:35am)
Last night i saw No country for old men, i liked it alot, seen it before too.
Only thing i can saw is i feel like the end was incomplete or could be longer.

7.5 out of 10

The ending was brilliant. Brolin was resilient and tactful in every single one of his moves throughout the entire film, but a single slip up in trusting someone other than himself, got his ass murdered by a generic ambush. Not only that, but without the funds to escape, his wife is also likely murdered. The hitman casually kills throughout the movie based on chance, seeing him left battered and bruised and possibly in a situation where he’ll soon die from a chance car crash was fucking perfect. I don’t recall every detail of the final scene, but I remember Jones going into detail about a couple of dreams, which seemed like metaphors for his guilt, acceptance, and moving on towards his retirement, which perfectly wrapped up the cluster fuck of sadness and unavoidable loss that we witnessed.

Some people need a heavy-handed explanation of every little detail to feel fulfilled at the end of the film, but subtlety is a far more effective tool in many cases, and while I’d love to know how some things played out, I wouldn’t change a fucking thing from this ending. It was damn near perfect and this film is easily one of my all-time favorites.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 6 2021 01:43am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 6 2021 02:58am
Faking a murderer

7 /10. Strong finish on a fairly mediocre movie otherwise.
Gold: 550.00
Aug 6 2021 09:08am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 6 2021 03:19am)
Black Widow - 4/10 at best, movie was boring as hell and I could hardly stay awake for the *climactic* finish. After two hours of corny jokes, an awful plot, and the worst villain reveal of all time, I’m not sure how anyone could still be invested…. I guess this is exactly why shit heaps like Age or Ultron still get a 70% and make hundreds of millions, since just slapping on that Disney tag makes everything automatically loved by fans and critics.

Holy shit, checked RT for shits and giggles and this heap is sitting at 81/92…. People do really love anything that’s for superhero’s, huh, even if it’s basically just a corny version of the Bourne films with lazy writing, bad jokes, corny villains, and phoned in for the paycheck performances…. They just don’t even try and these things still perform this well, shit blows my mind.

Suicide Squad - I had pretty low expectations, but I enjoyed this one throughout. It was obvious what was going to happen in almost every single scene, but it was still entertaining to watch it unfold. Would have liked to see a tad bit more of the B-listers, but you 100% knew how that shit was going to go down. I’d go 7.5/10.

I checked critic reviews after and I was thoroughly surprised how highly this was rated. It’s an entertaining movie, but temper your expectations a little.

The ending was brilliant. Brolin was resilient and tactful in every single one of his moves throughout the entire film, but a single slip up in trusting someone other than himself, got his ass murdered by a generic ambush. Not only that, but without the funds to escape, his wife is also likely murdered. The hitman casually kills throughout the movie based on chance, seeing him left battered and bruised and possibly in a situation where he’ll soon die from a chance car crash was fucking perfect. I don’t recall every detail of the final scene, but I remember Jones going into detail about a couple of dreams, which seemed like metaphors for his guilt, acceptance, and moving on towards his retirement, which perfectly wrapped up the cluster fuck of sadness and unavoidable loss that we witnessed.

Some people need a heavy-handed explanation of every little detail to feel fulfilled at the end of the film, but subtlety is a far more effective tool in many cases, and while I’d love to know how some things played out, I wouldn’t change a fucking thing from this ending. It was damn near perfect and this film is easily one of my all-time favorites.

When a movie like Wonder Woman receives 93%, you would expect this Black Widow movie to be 100%. It's not just Disney lol.
And 7.5 for Suicide Squad? Can't wait to see this masterpiece if you've given Black Widow a 4, which was a decent superhero film.
Gold: 250.00
Aug 6 2021 09:32am
Quote (Rezzakin @ Aug 6 2021 08:08am)
When a movie like Wonder Woman receives 93%, you would expect this Black Widow movie to be 100%. It's not just Disney lol.
And 7.5 for Suicide Squad? Can't wait to see this masterpiece if you've given Black Widow a 4, which was a decent superhero film.

Trashes on Wonder Woman and Black Panther, but liked Black Widow.... Your rating is all fucked up.

If it was a masterpiece it would have been rated as such, a 75/100 being called a masterpiece is arguably the dumbest thing you said in your post, but there's a lot to unpack there.
Gold: 305.00
Aug 6 2021 09:34am
Burden - good drama about the KKK and the black community

Conjuring 3 - as good as the two others even if its totaly different since its not about a haunted house

I think we're alone now - Peter Dincklage is as good as always and Elle Fanning !!! well, its always a pleasure to see her in any movie ! it looks like she is 16 for 10 years now :rolleyes: The movie has bad rates, but i realy enjoyed it. Its so poetic the whole movie, and the SF thing at the end (thats not a spoil since this movie is considered as a SF movie^^) realy adds something strong imo ;)

This post was edited by CHIWAWA on Aug 6 2021 09:38am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2021 02:35am
Old

meh ~ / 10
Gold: 2,176.60
Aug 7 2021 06:08am
Might have been that black widow, don't think I finished...don't think I will.

It was ok ish, 4/10

This post was edited by TidsL on Aug 7 2021 06:09am
Gold: 305.00
Aug 9 2021 04:50am
Skyline (2010)

im a big SF fan, but this movie was realy meh :o absolutly nothing happening ... i cant believe there is a 2 and a 3 :wacko:
Gold: 7.77
Aug 11 2021 04:08am
The Shining (1980) 10/10 ofc
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1206720682069207020712184Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll