d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Remove Gold Mediation Limit
Prev1234
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 135.00
Apr 8 2024 10:40pm
Quote (Touchstone @ Apr 8 2024 12:21pm)
Of course there's a difference in value and number (and for the record, 1 million was just a dramatic number), but it shouldn't matter. A trade is a trade. And again, the amount of work from the mediator side doesn't change, so not sure what the question is here

You really can’t understand this yourself?

I’m not trying to be mean or flame here but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

100 fg is equivalent to about 76 cents. Regardless of how new or how old someone’s account is I think we can all agree that the risk of 76 cents is negligible. Does it suck to get scammed? Yes.

Are people going to waste their time scamming over 76 cents? Probably not. And if they are, are you really out that much?

It’s not a perfect system but we don’t need to bog down volunteers time with trades so small.

If you don’t feel comfortable giving less 76 cents to a random stranger expecting another item in return just don’t trade with that random stranger. Find someone else that you do trust or that trusts you to conduct such trade. If an item is worth so little it’s probably available from more than one source.
Gold: 108.00
Apr 8 2024 11:08pm
Quote (Vilify @ Apr 8 2024 09:36pm)
The amount of work going in DOES change though, since it will flood hundreds of more trades per day.

If you'd like the have the mediation wait time skyrocket then this would be a good idea. But as it stands, it's not.

Can you confirm the amount of trades currently being mediated? I can't. I can say I don't have a single friend who currently uses it, and I've used it twice in my tenure here. So I'm not sure if the mediation time would indeed skyrocket.

Quote (Newb. @ Apr 8 2024 09:40pm)
You really can’t understand this yourself?

I’m not trying to be mean or flame here but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

100 fg is equivalent to about 76 cents. Regardless of how new or how old someone’s account is I think we can all agree that the risk of 76 cents is negligible. Does it suck to get scammed? Yes.

Are people going to waste their time scamming over 76 cents? Probably not. And if they are, are you really out that much?

It’s not a perfect system but we don’t need to bog down volunteers time with trades so small.

If you don’t feel comfortable giving less 76 cents to a random stranger expecting another item in return just don’t trade with that random stranger. Find someone else that you do trust or that trusts you to conduct such trade. If an item is worth so little it’s probably available from more than one source.

So new users and poor people are on their own?

At the very minimum, can we agree that this limit should be announced somewhere? As I and others have shown, the rules of jsp posted by staff itself states to use a mediator always, as it's the only way to be 100% safe
Gold: 28,103.00
Apr 8 2024 11:13pm
Quote (Touchstone @ Apr 8 2024 10:08pm)
Can you confirm the amount of trades currently being mediated? I can't. I can say I don't have a single friend who currently uses it, and I've used it twice in my tenure here. So I'm not sure if the mediation time would indeed skyrocket.

So new users and poor people are on their own?

At the very minimum, can we agree that this limit should be announced somewhere? As I and others have shown, the rules of jsp posted by staff itself states to use a mediator always, as it's the only way to be 100% safe

No, but I've seen people complain about mediators taking a long while, most likely due to them sleeping and being humans with real jobs too. Nobody is gonna sit on here all day mediating 24/7. It's just not feasible.

For lack of a better explanation, 100% absolutely yes. It's a waste of resources to mediate trades under a dollar.

If there can't be some kind of common sense revolving around what and what shouldn't be mediated I don't know what to tell you regardless of grasping at straws via what the rules say.

There's literally 14 mediator tags covering the ENTIRE site. Removing the mediation limit would be preposterous.

It is announced. You literally found it.

If people can't agree whether or not to use a mediator, then just don't trade. It's simple.

This post was edited by Vilify on Apr 8 2024 11:14pm
Gold: 108.00
Apr 8 2024 11:40pm
Quote (Vilify @ Apr 8 2024 10:13pm)
No, but I've seen people complain about mediators taking a long while, most likely due to them sleeping and being humans with real jobs too. Nobody is gonna sit on here all day mediating 24/7. It's just not feasible.

For lack of a better explanation, 100% absolutely yes. It's a waste of resources to mediate trades under a dollar.

If there can't be some kind of common sense revolving around what and what shouldn't be mediated I don't know what to tell you regardless of grasping at straws via what the rules say.

There's literally 14 mediator tags covering the ENTIRE site. Removing the mediation limit would be preposterous.

It is announced. You literally found it.

https://i.imgur.com/93R99DN.png

If people can't agree whether or not to use a mediator, then just don't trade. It's simple.

I guess I just disagree with you. Everyone deserves the option to have a mediated and safe trade. Not just those that can afford it.
Gold: 28,103.00
Apr 8 2024 11:42pm
Quote (Touchstone @ Apr 8 2024 10:40pm)
I guess I just disagree with you. Everyone deserves the option to have a mediated and safe trade. Not just those that can afford it.

And all I'm saying is, staffwise it's not feasible at this point. If there were a lot more mediators it'd change my vote.
Gold: 164,279.00
Trader: Mediator
Apr 9 2024 04:13pm
The minimum mediation amount of 100fg will not be changed sorry
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1234
Closed New Topic New Poll