d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Remove Gold Mediation Limit
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 108.00
Apr 7 2024 11:15am
https://imgur.com/gallery/dH7x8Aj

Apologies for not embedding this photo directly.

I was trading last night and came across a guy who agreed to sell me 2 bow gcs for 10fg each totally 20fg. We met in game, he showed item, and wanted me to pay first. I peruse the SA section here on jsp quite often, and on principal, never give first. Ever. I don't care if it's for 5 fg or 5000 fg. People scam Randoms, friends scam friends, and being marked scammer and being gold locked only does so much - so I never give first.

He refused to give first, so I told him I'd get a mediator. Imagine my surprise when I saw that there is a 100 gold limit on requesting this service. This service which is touted all over the site as the safest way to protect yourself, your items, and your forum gold. But apparently, only if you're rich enough to afford it.

Now I know it's only 100, and I currently have a few thousand. But there have been times where I am under 100 and am still trading. Is my forum gold not worth protecting? Are my items not worth protecting? Just because it's under 100, it's not worth the time of the mediators? It seems very elitist, catering only to the rich, while the little guy is left to fend for and protect himself. Not a good look.

Mediating a trade takes the same amount of time and energy, regardless of if it's 2 gold for 2 million gold. I am proposing we abolish the 100 fg minimum so that everyone is protected from scammers, not just people who can afford it. Everyone deserves to feel safe while trading!
Gold: 5,071.20
Apr 7 2024 01:13pm
I voted no, there should certainly be no minimum FG required for a mediation.

A new member on this site isn't going to start with a 1k fg trade using a mediator... they will test the field with an easy trade to get comfortable and get a feel for what it's like.
This has always been a free service as long as I can remember and if the problem is high volume of small FG transactions then there should simply be more mediators - just my opinion.

While I realize the staff is all volunteer, there is no shortage of quality members who I am sure would be happy to be involved in this process - maybe they could adapt mediators to have an application process similar to that of the Scammer Accusation Team?
Being able to provide the service to mediate is obviously a huge responsibility and SHOULD require lengthy vetting of the users providing the service - but I don't see why they couldn't recruit volunteers similarly to the SA team.

I myself would sign up very fast and happily spend a lot of time assisting in mediations regardless of the transaction size. I've always been a huge supporter of safe trading on the forums!

These are just my thoughts, I have spent a little time thinking of the alternative too - and I imagine a large influx of small transactions can seem very tedious and time consuming compared to assisting with the larger transactions.
I can see both sides, but I still don't believe creating a minimum benefits anyone, especially after there has been no minimum for as long as I can remember.

Curious to see how others feel!
Gold: 2.00
Apr 7 2024 01:15pm
Agree with you, voted no

As in no limit of course

This post was edited by frothyshoes on Apr 7 2024 02:50pm
Junior Moderator
Gold: 6,220.00
Trader: Mediator
Apr 7 2024 01:33pm
Perhaps it would have been better to phrase the question in a way that "yes" would have been the desired answer, but I agree that we should consider lowering the amount from 100FG. Be it to zero or to some number in between 0 and 100.
Gold: 2.00
Apr 7 2024 01:56pm
Quote (TheOnlyDenny @ Apr 7 2024 09:33pm)
Perhaps it would have been better to phrase the question in a way that "yes" would have been the desired answer, but I agree that we should consider lowering the amount from 100FG. Be it to zero or to some number in between 0 and 100.

Agreed... I clicked Yes in response to the title...

I'm guessing the 100 fg limit was implemented to avoid abuse or wasting time when they were joining games in OG D2 to mediate trades. New system works great but the cap should be lowered or removed.
As Touchstone mentioned, it is the same amount of work for 10 or 10k fg. Removing the limit should not result in more mediation requests as most of us didn't even know that there was a 100 fg limit.

I would outright refuse to trade if a new account wants me to call mediator over 20 fg as it's not worth the wait but it can be useful for situations between 2 new accounts.
Gold: 13,000.00
Apr 7 2024 03:18pm
Quote (mikacz @ 7 Apr 2024 21:56)
Agreed... I clicked Yes in response to the title...

Same lol. There should not be a 100fg minimum imo, so my vote is wrong.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2024 04:43pm
Straight from the trading rules, if you want us to be sage then help us be safe no matter the cost. I know we don't pay the jsp staff, they do this at their own time so maybe figure out some more trusted members of the community to tag to help out with the cause.

"Always request a Mediator for your trades. This is the only way to do a 100% safe trade."
Gold: 135.00
Apr 7 2024 05:25pm
I think the minimum of 100 is fine

100 fg is less than a dollar

If neither party feels comfortable trusting someone with 50 cents or less they should just not trade each other
Gold: 8,436.00
Apr 7 2024 05:38pm
IIRC, the process is hugely automated now, I think this makes sense depending on available resources.
Personally I might refuse to trade with someone not willing to go first on such a small trade due to time constraints but I understand the principle

You have my vote ( agree with others that the title and question lead to wrong pick, perhaps have a mod change the question or title )
Gold: 108.00
Apr 7 2024 06:32pm
Apologies for how I worded the poll, I think I may have voted incorrectly too!
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll