d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Remove Gold Mediation Limit
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 24,309.00
Apr 7 2024 07:39pm
never knew this existed,

Voted no ( remove the limit)

Newcomers needs to feel comfortable :unsure:
Gold: 163,491.67
Apr 7 2024 09:06pm
voted no
Gold: 108.00
Apr 7 2024 10:30pm
Appreciate everyone's contribution so far. I fully agree, everyone including newcomers and the less fg rich need to feel supported and comfortable.
Gold: 3,455.00
Apr 7 2024 11:42pm
I appreciate this topic. Thank you for thinking of the small guy here.
I would pay for mediators to assist in a trade if necessary. I find if you follow trade rules and stay respectful the outcome is usually positive :)

This is a great site with some pretty incredible people involved.

Voted no :)
Gold: 136,828.82
Apr 8 2024 01:22am
I'm neutral on this one.
While I do support the possibility that everyone should be able to request a mediator, especially during peak days like league starts it's probably impossible to keep up with the meditation requests, given no limit.
So the question has to be asked: Is it possible to provide the mediator staff on given days in the necessary quantity to fullfill the mediator duty completely?
Because if there would be long delays or requests which cannot be fullfillled due to the demand, I think this could possibly cause even more unsatisfied traders.

Also I want to say that, at least in D2R, prices are high to compared what we've seen in vanilla D2 10-15 years ago. A couple of skillers, hrs and you already crossed the 100fg mark, early league it's even less of an issue.
I think most of us are in a priviledged position, having traded for years and thus built up a reputation which often leads to a mutual trust.

Of course any scam, whether high or low, is to be comdemned and should lead to an investigation and conviction.
I also want to take the opportunity to thank the moderator and med team on this site. I have been scammed only a couple of times during my stay on this site. But no matter what request I had, I was always kindly assisted with my demand.
Same goes for the community, most people are help- and respectful and I wish that it will stay like this for as long as possible. :)
Gold: 108.00
Apr 8 2024 03:56am
Quote (Gala @ Apr 8 2024 12:22am)
I'm neutral on this one.
While I do support the possibility that everyone should be able to request a mediator, especially during peak days like league starts it's probably impossible to keep up with the meditation requests, given no limit.
So the question has to be asked: Is it possible to provide the mediator staff on given days in the necessary quantity to fullfill the mediator duty completely?
Because if there would be long delays or requests which cannot be fullfillled due to the demand, I think this could possibly cause even more unsatisfied traders.

Also I want to say that, at least in D2R, prices are high to compared what we've seen in vanilla D2 10-15 years ago. A couple of skillers, hrs and you already crossed the 100fg mark, early league it's even less of an issue.
I think most of us are in a priviledged position, having traded for years and thus built up a reputation which often leads to a mutual trust.

Of course any scam, whether high or low, is to be comdemned and should lead to an investigation and conviction.
I also want to take the opportunity to thank the moderator and med team on this site. I have been scammed only a couple of times during my stay on this site. But no matter what request I had, I was always kindly assisted with my demand.
Same goes for the community, most people are help- and respectful and I wish that it will stay like this for as long as possible. :)

Appreciate the input.

I'm not entirely sure how the mediation process works on the backend, but as someone mentioned in a previous post, it may be largely automated (and if it isn't yet, could it be), and if the site is lacking in human individuals to run said mediation, there is a large, large number of qualified, long time, trusted users who could likely be tapped to be mediators.

Furthermore, I'm not certain you're correct about how many mediations are requested. I know that personally, in my almost 20 years here, I've used the service 1 time until I tried to the other day. I don't know how.many people use it, or are even aware of it, even on peak days as you put.

Finally, regarding your point of reaching the 100fg limit pretty easily, that's besides the point. The fact that many of us have built up reputations or whatever is also besides the point. What about honest newcomers? If you check out the diablo or d2r reddit, there are new people joining the game all the time, and if those folks want to utilize jsp, they should be able to without the fear of having their items or fg stolen.

Still firm on the limit should be removed. Everyone, new or tenured, privileged or not, young or old, should be able to utilize the mediation process and have their items or fg protected.
Gold: 48,587.69
Apr 8 2024 04:34am
I voted no, but for a different reason.

Mediation should be made entirely automatic and enabled by default for everyone (with a possible opt-out if both parties agree).

It should exactly or almost identical like it does now, except it shouldn't require a human reviewer unless there is an actual dispute. In 99% of cases, as a seller it's enough to receive a confirmation that the buyer committed and locked a required FG amount towards the trade, and the gold remains locked until both parties hit the "Trade performed successfully" button.
Gold: 136,828.82
Apr 8 2024 06:10am
Quote (Touchstone @ Apr 8 2024 11:56am)
The fact that many of us have built up reputations or whatever is also besides the point. What about honest newcomers? If you check out the diablo or d2r reddit, there are new people joining the game all the time, and if those folks want to utilize jsp, they should be able to without the fear of having their items or fg stolen.

What I was referring to that up until this point I have no newcomers seen posting here. That's why I meant we are privileged because we have the experience when it comes to trading.
We're still lacking representative feedback from real newcomers, but I'm not sure if they will be posting here since most people don't interact with this website beyond the actual trading process.

Quote (Touchstone @ Apr 8 2024 11:56am)
Furthermore, I'm not certain you're correct about how many mediations are requested.

I can't tell you how many but I imagine it requires human resource nonetheless.
In the end it doesn't matter if I'm correct or not, the limit has been put in place for a reason.

I don't say it should be removed or not. Ultimately the site owner will know the details and decide what is feasible.

I know that people have a varying level of trust and security and it's always important to act with caution.

I would also like to ask if it is an issue of scams happening below 100 fg. At least in the scammer accusations most of the scams being posted there are way above 100 fg or below.

This post was edited by Gala on Apr 8 2024 06:17am
Gold: 4,677.50
Apr 8 2024 07:22am
Quote (Gala @ Apr 8 2024 03:22am)
I'm neutral on this one.

This was really well-worded honestly, it's definitely true that people with a more extensive and established d2jsp account typically don't blink when trading. I have done thousands of Diablo trades in the past without using a mediator or even questioning it unless it were an extremely high-end item. In fact, the rare occurrences in which I do use a mediator is within the Donor Forum. I still feel obligated to speak out for the newer users and infrequent traders, and as previously mentioned by others - those who do value 10-20fg transactions as a substantial amount - not just the 100fg or more trades.
We as a whole have an obligation to do everything we can to create a safe trading environment and I personally feel like having a minimum for mediations will do more harm than good.
Filling out scammer accusations is a lot of effort in some cases, especially for those who are doing it for the first time, or don't know what type of evidences/proofs to gather initially - and having the option for a mediator but only if it exceeds 100fg might frustrate them enough to not even file the report. Then the scammer continues, and it's a viscous cycle. Just one way I can see it playing out.

Like you said above, only a handful of people know the backend of how the mediation process and all of that works, percentages of low-fg mediations versus high-fg mediations, etc - so I could be digging much deeper than is really needed :unsure:
Gold: 218,868.33
Apr 8 2024 07:57am
yes there should be a minimum don't waste a mediators time for a 1fg trade

however this website does a lot of stupid shit

like not using the fg that is locked on a users account to pay back scams

This post was edited by SlamFkingDunk on Apr 8 2024 07:57am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll