d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > One Piece @ Netflix
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 448.22
Aug 26 2023 02:35pm
Top or flop

And why ?!

Im rlly unsure i See some Trailers and sometimes i feel like "YES" and a secound later i go like 🤢

30 or 31. This month it startet how many series you think they will do?
Gold: 213.00
Aug 26 2023 03:00pm
It'll flippity flop

Cause it's just another half assed attempt like the others. A joke to the source material

This post was edited by wing_fighter2 on Aug 26 2023 03:01pm
Aug 26 2023 03:08pm
Quote (wing_fighter2 @ 26 Aug 2023 23:00)
It'll flippity flop

Cause it's just another half assed attempt like the others. A joke to the source material

Ye im not happy to say but i think the same ofc to 80% 20% i hope we are wrong
So a big title and the Charakters dont Look good...
Maybe as a movie ..ok but i think they try to make many episodes

We will See maybe we get here some more opinions.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 26 2023 07:22pm
I think they took time to get the characters from the countries that the One Piece characters would come from. I mean that is some suggestive effort.

They also got the original one piece voice actors to do a sub version (the version I'll be watching) I am already cringing at the English.

How about those transponder snails?

I'll give it a higher 70 / 30 flop. It seems like they've put a lot of effort in; but...still. Ehhh.

But what is the audience going to be you think? OG one piece manga / anime buffs? Kids? Mothers shaking their head?

E* To be fair there have been some shit movies that have gotten high applause; so you never know. They might be in until the full series with all the arcs.

This post was edited by Stauf on Aug 26 2023 07:24pm
Gold: 44.69
Aug 27 2023 06:29am
Arlong park going to look dumb af
Aug 27 2023 07:54am
Quote (NerdLord @ 27 Aug 2023 08:29)
Arlong park going to look dumb af

Just going to ad,even if the actors do great and the script is great,the visual aspect of the show just isn't going to work well with realism
Just like prison school what makes it funny/great is the cartoon unrealistic aspect
Aug 27 2023 08:15am
Ye thats true but i think so a big title have the Option to put many money on it and let the hole World Look more like the Series and one piece have sooo many Fans all over the World so also on this side its possible to make a lot of money win win and not like Real human actor with a fake sword nose ... ye the synchron is one of the only nice Things atm i rlly dont understand why its possible with ki to create nice Vision from the anemie to "Real life"

And saf but rlly sure 2-3 episodes and done

Also maybe interessted what u think would be a great anemie to Remake it as an rl anemie or u think its better to let the classics stay how they are and make New stuff ?!

I also dont understand maybe it would be nice when they make a real life Animation like Avatar or like that from one piece

But that way rlly not for All but for so many is one piece pure childhood and also as adulds possible to watsh and enjoy

This post was edited by NorthSideBoss on Aug 27 2023 08:20am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 27 2023 03:49pm
Quote (NerdLord @ Aug 27 2023 09:54am)
Just going to ad,even if the actors do great and the script is great,the visual aspect of the show just isn't going to work well with realism
Just like prison school what makes it funny/great is the cartoon unrealistic aspect

Tbf, they were on point all the way to the nipple hair on that. They didn't add or take away anything, even thought it was like a B rated movie.
Aug 27 2023 08:56pm
Quote (NorthSideBoss @ 27 Aug 2023 10:15)
Ye thats true but i think so a big title have the Option to put many money on it and let the hole World Look more like the Series and one piece have sooo many Fans all over the World so also on this side its possible to make a lot of money win win and not like Real human actor with a fake sword nose ... ye the synchron is one of the only nice Things atm i rlly dont understand why its possible with ki to create nice Vision from the anemie to "Real life"

And saf but rlly sure 2-3 episodes and done

Also maybe interessted what u think would be a great anemie to Remake it as an rl anemie or u think its better to let the classics stay how they are and make New stuff ?!

I also dont understand maybe it would be nice when they make a real life Animation like Avatar or like that from one piece

But that way rlly not for All but for so many is one piece pure childhood and also as adulds possible to watsh and enjoy

Death note(Japanese version not netflix) was great
Kenichi would actually probably do really well
They have some unrealistic aspects but mostly grounded in realism visually at least
Plenty more probably be fine long but it's really just going to depend on the anime

Edit: Death note 2006,apparently they also did one with near and mellow it seems to avoid confusion

This post was edited by NerdLord on Aug 27 2023 09:06pm
Gold: 8,727.78
Aug 28 2023 02:16am
Only watched two trailers, and they really crunched up the episodes compared to the Animated episodes. Not liking the actors, but then they aren't recognised.

Not too much of a fan of Netflix and re-makes ... well as an example of the two Rorouni Kenshin movies that blistered all the episodes without the original content of how they all met ... this seems the same with each episode, will jump a lot, hey... at least they will cut out 50% of the flashback storylines (well that is my hope) and hopefully out of the original 1200 episodes be cut down to 600 if not less.

Hmm... I guess I will have to wait and see.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll